Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chaotic Feedback, Shock of Blades, and Poison Bolt all landed like a lure with high resist mod on them. They were specifically made this way to add the dynamic of timing nukes in pvp
got prof? I don't remember devs EVER mentioning this. Also if all your experience comes from SZ then that is pretty much Luclin + and noone gives a shit. It makes no sense why they would choose only those 2 low level spells to be flagged unresistable. In REAL classic, people had NOWHERE near the amount of resist gear the average joe has now. I ran around with 50-60 mr and was constantly hit by most things even blind after malo'd. You give far too much credit to what people were wearing in classic or you are just making shit up.

I'll be watching this thread hoping that actual proof is posted rather than some 11 year old forum posts from 2003. One trend that goes for all spells in classic is that they are easier to land on mobs than players. Explain to me this reverse thinking process they used for these 2 specific spells?
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 05-10-2015 at 10:10 AM..
Old 05-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
got prof? I don't remember devs EVER mentioning this. Also if all your experience comes from SZ then that is pretty much Luclin + and noone gives a shit. It makes no sense why they would choose only those 2 low level spells to be flagged unresistable. In REAL classic, people had NOWHERE near the amount of resist gear the average joe has now. I ran around with 50-60 mr and was constantly hit by most things even blind after malo'd. You give far too much credit to what people were wearing in classic or you are just making shit up.

I'll be watching this thread hoping that actual proof is posted rather than some 11 year old forum posts from 2003. One trend that goes for all spells in classic is that they are easier to land on mobs than players. Explain to me this reverse thinking process they used for these 2 specific spells?
So no one resisted Sol during Classic, Kunark, Velious...you say it's because they didn't have good enough gear during those era's.

So I say they didn't resist SOL during Luclin either when their gear vastly exceeded Classic, Kunark, Velious era. And insanely surpassed peoples gear here

And you say Luclin era didn't count cuz it wasn't classic...

Lawyerquesting at it's finest!

Got proof of Dev's mentioning Crimson pots to break root? Got proof of Dev's mentioning spacebar makes you jump? Or that dwarfs barrel roll when they jump? Nah because everybody knew about this stuff, HTF you played live and never knew about interrupts is beyond me because every pvper of any skill knew this stuff.

I'll be watching this thread for you to post proof of people resisting SOL in PVP during this era, we shouldn't have to prove to bad pvper's what every good pvper knew.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-10-2015 at 11:03 AM..
Old 05-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So no one resisted Sol during Classic, Kunark, Velious...you say it's because they didn't have good enough gear during those era's.

So I say they didn't resist SOL during Luclin either when their gear vastly exceeded Classic, Kunark, Velious era. And insanely surpassed peoples gear here

And you say Luclin era didn't count cuz it wasn't classic...

Lawyerquesting at it's finest!

Got proof of Dev's mentioning Crimson pots to break root? Got proof of Dev's mentioning spacebar makes you jump? Or that dwarfs barrel roll when they jump? Nah because everybody knew about this stuff, HTF you played live and never knew about interrupts is beyond me because every pvper of any skill knew this stuff.

I'll be watching this thread for you to post proof of people resisting SOL in PVP during this era, we shouldn't have to prove to bad pvper's what every good pvper knew.
?
Old 05-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
?
Why are you on here? you didn't play classic you cant confirm or deny any classic mechanics because you weren't there, No DEv should take anything you say here serious as your argument for everything is...it's classic when you never played classic.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

crimson pots break root now? sweet, thanks for the tip.

also you keep talking classic this and classic that yet you reference shit that was in Luclin and beyond.

naw its an MR nuke with an added compenent. if anything it would be easier to resist than other things. buff this spell then you need to buff them all (cleric and chanter nukes, ect.) for someone who took advantage of the broken blind resists a while back, I find it VERY hard to believe you are trying to make classic and fair changes. Sounds more like you are trying to manipulates devs to buff the classes you play.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 05-10-2015 at 02:06 PM..
Old 05-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Banned

guy who thinks crimson potions break root trying to educate us on PvP mechanics

smh
Old 05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
planes of power where it was replaced by Lure of Thunder(Which had the funny graphic of making the target look as if they were drowning like splurt or shaman epic) that had the same knockback effect.
Lure of Thunder had no knockback effect, at least get your facts right if trying to bring stuff up.

It had a 0.1 second stun effect on it that would instantly interrupt spells rather than relying on pushback interrupt.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grudges obviously, guy plays a wizard on the box and supposedly played a wizard for 9 years on rallos zek.

Somehow tho..... Shock of lightning the most important wizard spell evades his pitch perfect memory.

Almost had respect for this guy until he started trading pills for pixels and making shit up about classic everquest to suit his own guild.
Top 5 nomination for post of the year.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

People arguing against Shock of Lightning landing should immediately just stop..do you retards not remember the wizard botb on live?
Old 05-11-2015, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 13.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon was a high level wizard during Kunark/Velious on Rallos Zek. He was MIM for a bit I think in Kunark but then went POF/PB for the end of Kunark/Velious.

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/pla...er_name=Nirgon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon was in MIM, third string bluebie guild. Of course he doesn't know how shock of lightning worked as MIM was a bluebie dkp raiding guild not a pvp guild. Was probably less than 50 people on the server he could actually attack without getting guild removed. They were so blue they had an online KOS list of people that pvp'd on the server and their crimes (pvping).

Embarrassing that he is masquerading as some sort of classic RZ pvp expert yet was in a guild that did none of it.
Confirmed Nirgon never pvp'd in classic, unlike myself who casted shock of lightning daily and never saw it resisted once.