Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 03:31 AM
Banned

Default Don't lie Pls change the server's name!

I have a problem with you calling the server classic red 1999 pvp. The only thing classic about this server is the pve and if i wanted classic pve I'd play blue 1999.

Never on classic was I snared or rooted with 120+ mr.(mainly so you couldn't rain and nuke players for manaburn dmg everytime they got rooted duh)

Don't remember a single time a Mage pet rooted me without the Mage even casting their mala line espiecally not with 206 mr.

Saw winged death get resisted once in about 10 years of EQ.

I played a Wizard for years I remember having to use lures, my draughts didn't land on anyone, tears landed better but even they partialed on waves to anyone with 140+ fire cold or magic. They didn't need 300+ pre planes of power lol.

I also remember using sol like every fight in classic EQ and people regaining thru it like 1 out of 50 times.

I remember ducking and stoping my spell bar.

I remember dots ticking for full on people standing still and not a flat 33% reduction like they were nukes.

I remember bard song's wether chants or nukes(which is just dirge & bellow's really) not having the 33% reduction applied to it because well songs aren't fucking spells and highsun landed like root on anyone with over 120 mr which is like never.

I remember pillar's and lightning blast having a 200 range like every other spell kind of hard for me to forget that one when ya lvl'd from 30-60 with wizard quad kiting. Because holy shit how easy it would have been to never die quading with an unlimited range AE, fuck you wouldn't even need to bonds or atol's them with that. And pillar never landed in pvp lmfao pls.

So I don't think you have to change anything about the server except the name because there is absolutely nothing classic about the pvp on this server. I wouldn't sell someone a can of chili and replace the meat with cat shit, that's just a flat bold faced lie, which is actually more honest than calling this classic 1999 pvp.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:37 AM
Banned

agree

call it "Grandmaster Colgate's Dojo of Colostomy Bags, Neglected Families, and Wheelchairs"
Old 05-24-2013, 03:37 AM
Sarnak

Name should be changed. P99 Custom PVP project.

+add compass back for ultimate PVP experience since it ain't classic anyways. lol
Old 05-24-2013, 03:40 AM
Planar Protector

ya ducking and stopping spellbar is the best
Old 05-24-2013, 03:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name should be changed. P99 Custom PVP project.

+add compass back for ultimate PVP experience since it ain't classic anyways. lol
Gotta love the integrity they wont enable the map or remove hybrid exp penalty because that's against classic, but they will change every fucking thing about how every class functioned in pvp. <Smacks head against wall>
Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Num1RecommendedByDentists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agree

call it "Grandmaster Colgate's Dojo of Colostomy Bags, Neglected Families, and Wheelchairs"
Holy fuck rofl
Old 05-24-2013, 03:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Num1RecommendedByDentists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agree

I approve that name
Old 05-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Sarnak

Its just funny to make the user experience as bad as possible for classic purposes and then to screw around with anything and everything in the actual gaming experience.

I am sure all of our dev resources are now working vigorously to force a specifically designated UI type on everyone and to disable resolutions exceeding 1024X768 with no 16X10 or 16X9 support.

They just need to decide what they wanna do. No reason to hold their left hand out to the side dangling a sign that says "classic" and then punch us in the balls with the other one.
Last edited by Yukahwa; 05-24-2013 at 03:51 AM..
Old 05-24-2013, 03:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its just funny to make the user experience as bad as possible for classic purposes and then to screw around with anything and everything in the actual gaming experience.

I am sure all of our dev resources are now working vigorously to force a specifically designated UI type on everyone and to disable resolutions exceeding 1024X768 with no 16X10 or 16X9 support.

They just need to decide what they wanna do. No reason to hold their left hand out to the side dangling a sign that says "classic" and then punch us in the balls with the other one.
Gm's state Exp bonus is for whining pussies, but bindsighting a player's pet and nuking them with pillar of frost from across the zone APPROVED! ( I know most of you wizzies are so blue ya didn't even know about that exploit) But since they had what hmm 1.5 years to correct the range on coding by just typing 200 in that bracket why not show how badly it can be exploited and ruin it for everyone! Soooo Classic!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:08 AM
Fire Giant

I don't like that blue gets to duck to interrupt their spells when we don't. Other than that, I disagree with a lot of OP's sentiments. I can't seem to land root at all in pvp.
Closed Thread