Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-09-2023, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We know how fungi works. Regen is no different. Are you claiming fungi doesn’t work? Of course not.

Regen is a measurable benefit. FSI is Juju. At best, it’s on par with the troll snare necklace.

I’m sorry you don’t see it this way, but I would appreciate it if you didn’t try spreading false information to others.
The only false information being spread is your idea that FSI is magic, but Regeneration is concrete.

What is your thought process here? You do realize both are programmed, and based on rules and math? If you can quantify one, you can quantify the other.

I am genuinely curious how you have gotten such a simple concept so wrong.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Old 02-09-2023, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only false information being spread is your idea that FSI is magic, but Regeneration is concrete.

What is your thought process here? You do realize both are programmed, and based on rules and math? If you can quantify one, you can quantify the other.

I am genuinely curious how you have gotten such a simple concept so wrong.
I've told you a million times, FSI is a tanking benefit. Shaman's aren't tanks.

FSI lets you cast more spells when tanking.
Regen lets you cast more spells when < 100% health which is basically always.

It's really that simple. One is situational, one isn't. While you can choose to disagree if you'd like, the facts are simple and you can't change the truth, despite how right you think you are.
Last edited by Crede; 02-09-2023 at 04:53 PM..
Old 02-09-2023, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

DSM will never admit wrong , I will be able to count his posts all the way down to 0 because he simply can’t fathom he may be incorrect on anything, hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've told you a million times, FSI is a tanking benefit. Shaman's aren't tanks.

Ah I see. Basically you don't like the idea that Shamans can tank (and often do).

Therefore, you are making stuff up to try and discourage that playstyle. Got it.

Quote:
FSI lets you cast more spells when tanking.
True.

Quote:
Regen lets you cast more spells when < 100% health which is basically always.
False. When fighting Cliff Golems, for example, you will be at 100% HP/Mana for 3 minutes per Cliff Golem respawn cycle.

Quote:
It's really that simple. One is situational, one isn't. While you can choose to disagree if you'd like, the facts are simple and you can't change the truth, despite how right you think you are.
Both are situational. When you are at full HP, Regeneration is doing nothing. Torpor allows Shamans to get to full HP very quickly.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Old 02-09-2023, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Damn this thread still going? It's like a few people posting once or twice and then DSM obsessed with proving he's not wrong (he is tho).

Time to wrap it up pal. Pretty unhealthy.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn this thread still going? It's like a few people posting once or twice and then DSM obsessed with proving he's not wrong (he is tho).

Time to wrap it up pal. Pretty unhealthy.
Another nonsense post from Heywood[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2023, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah I see. Basically you don't like the idea that Shamans can tank (and often do).

Therefore, you are making stuff up to try and discourage that playstyle. Got it.

True.

False. When fighting Cliff Golems, for example, you will be at 100% HP/Mana for 3 minutes per Cliff Golem respawn cycle.

Both are situational. When you are at full HP, Regeneration is doing nothing. Torpor allows Shamans to get to full HP very quickly.
Not discouraging playstyle, nor do I dislike it. Just stating the facts.

I'm not sure why you keep clinging on to this Cliff Golem downtime argument, but it's pretty sad as it proves nothing. Regen will still net you more mana over time, so if you aren't utilizing that extra mana, that's on you. And ironically, from how I've seen you kill Cliff Golems, regen would actually be more effective for you, since you let your pet tank.

This is really is not hard to follow.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not discouraging playstyle, nor do I dislike it. Just stating the facts.

I'm not sure why you keep clinging on to this Cliff Golem downtime argument, but it's pretty sad as it proves nothing. Regen will still net you more mana over time, so if you aren't utilizing that extra mana, that's on you. And ironically, from how I've seen you kill Cliff Golems, regen would actually be more effective for you, since you let your pet tank.

This is really is not hard to follow.
The "fact" that Shamans aren't a tank class by definition is irrelevant. They can tank better than most classes (even tank classes) with Slow + Torpor. I am not sure why you think this matters. If the developers called Rogues "spell casters", that doesn't change how they play (they don't cast spells).

The Cliff Golem example is quite simple. Regeneration isn't doing anything for you during the fight, and it isn't saving you time due to reducing your downtime. Therefore, you are getting nothing out of it.

You can watch my Cliff Golem example and do the math on how much extra mana I would have gotten from regeneration. You will find that it will not have reduced the fight time at all.