DE Rogue? Really???
Old 07-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

DE is fine

Chuckslaw was wood elf
Old 07-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DE is fine

Chuckslaw was wood elf
It will be okay long term but starting out with no gear and picking the race with the worst starting stats that happens to also be the easiest illusion item to obtain makes it a really bad choice.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Banned

come to city of mi$t
Old 07-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will be okay long term but starting out with no gear and picking the race with the worst starting stats that happens to also be the easiest illusion item to obtain makes it a really bad choice.
I don't agree, it has bad starting stats strengthwise but strength is also one of the easiest things to raise even without raiding -- hero bracer, mithril arms/legs

as for the illusion, who cares if he wants to be a DE? I play a barbarian rogue which I hate the size but I like the lore since I myself am a denizen of the north. If it makes him happy to be DE, and he's willing to live with the mediocre stats then fine. Not like any raiding guild wouldn't be happy to take him no matter what his race, because after str/dex focus it pretty much equalizes (although I max str with just focus on my rogue)
Old 07-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't agree, it has bad starting stats strengthwise but strength is also one of the easiest things to raise even without raiding -- hero bracer, mithril arms/legs

as for the illusion, who cares if he wants to be a DE? I play a barbarian rogue which I hate the size but I like the lore since I myself am a denizen of the north. If it makes him happy to be DE, and he's willing to live with the mediocre stats then fine. Not like any raiding guild wouldn't be happy to take him no matter what his race, because after str/dex focus it pretty much equalizes (although I max str with just focus on my rogue)
It is the worst stats for str/sta and 2nd worst in dex. You also give up any sort of faction you would have with other cities since neriak is easily obtained through wine quest or illusion mask. Starting str is a huge deal when you start off because of weight and it will also effect damage.

As I said long term it won't matter, after you grind out factions, get end game gear, obtain all the illusion masks, etc. That is however days of playtime that you are sacrificing because you like the lore?

Whatever dude, just saying it is the worst game play decision you can make as a rogue. If the role-playing satisfaction you get from it makes up for that more power too you.

The race you happen to enjoy the lore of also happens to have the best stats, that is convenient.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Aviak

halfling rog, and win - lv up hella fast and get your poke on
Old 07-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is the worst stats for str/sta and 2nd worst in dex. You also give up any sort of faction you would have with other cities since neriak is easily obtained through wine quest or illusion mask. Starting str is a huge deal when you start off because of weight and it will also effect damage.

As I said long term it won't matter, after you grind out factions, get end game gear, obtain all the illusion masks, etc. That is however days of playtime that you are sacrificing because you like the lore?

Whatever dude, just saying it is the worst game play decision you can make as a rogue. If the role-playing satisfaction you get from it makes up for that more power too you.

The race you happen to enjoy the lore of also happens to have the best stats, that is convenient.
If I played what I consider the best overall min/max race for rogue in pvp I would be a Dwarf, with Assling coming in 2nd. I consider Rogue the only reasonable choice for a Barbarian.

My Barb Rogue is all stam, in retrospect idk how I feel about it. Maybe all dex? I'm not leveling another rogue though, at least not to 60.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

If you stay out of KC I wish you the best, but that zone is off limits.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
If I played what I consider the best overall min/max race for rogue in pvp I would be a Dwarf, with Assling coming in 2nd. I consider Rogue the only reasonable choice for a Barbarian.

My Barb Rogue is all stam, in retrospect idk how I feel about it. Maybe all dex? I'm not leveling another rogue though, at least not to 60.
The min/max race isn't debatable for a rogue, it is barbarian.
Closed Thread