Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just recieved my first yellow from a swarm kite wasn't as big as most bards but it was like 15 spiders getting the hang of it
Nice which spiders are you doing? I never had luck with Krag spiders, and can't think of anything else.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 10-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice which spiders are you doing? I never had luck with Krag spiders, and can't think of anything else.
well tarantulas and scarabs in nro. i'm only 12, getting better going from making no AE dots to making 3 in a row
Old 10-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

damn you guys are all pretty good!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:50 AM
Aviak

Just to toss my lot in there, I just started swarming tonight in EK (doing dogs only atm), and Im not gonna lie, this shit is challenging lol. I think the most ive managed so far was a 15 pull (mainly because I couldn't find any more puppies up that weren't green). Oddly enough, at level 18, I found it easier to use a SoW rather than my own selo's. The SoW from the upper level druid made it SO much easier to close the circle, drop the dot, and spin back out again.

I tried mouse strafing for the first half hour or so, and either my mouse hand is retarded, or Im doing something wrong. I always seem to turn in way to hard, and as a result, catch a heavy mouthful of dirt to show for it.

Overall, in four hours of kiting 10-15 at a time, I gained slightly more exp than I lost, but I think Im starting to get the hang of keyboard turn mashing.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

I've grown to the point where having any kind of movement buff is too fast. I just go pure strafing all the way. Where in EK did you kite? By the gorge? I hate that part because I always run into the walls and die, hahaha. If there's a better place to kite in then I'd love to know about it.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Pet peeve of mine: swarm kiting was charm kiting, which is impossible to do here. What you people do is not swarming, it's simply AE kiting.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

uh no, swarm kite is swarm kite and charm kite is charm kite.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

No, swarm kiting was called swarm kiting because when you charmed an NPC and had it attack one of the others, all the NPCs you were kiting around would swarm the pet and beat it down.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've grown to the point where having any kind of movement buff is too fast. I just go pure strafing all the way. Where in EK did you kite? By the gorge? I hate that part because I always run into the walls and die, hahaha. If there's a better place to kite in then I'd love to know about it.
I usually only strafe when the things manage to stun me. Its nice to have a clean getaway when I go from 100% to 20-30%. And yeah, I drag everything up to the mouth of the gorge. Plenty of room to circle around. As for the people making perfect circles, I have no IDEA how you're doing it, unless you're auto-circling.

Aaaand pretty sure we can call kiting whatever we'd like. This isn't live, mechanics don't work like live. If I feel like calling it blitzkreig kiting, I'll do just that. The fact that a big ass swarm of mobs is following me makes it a swarm kite in my mind. Its a generic term. AE kiting is fairly specific, as is charm kiting. We shall call it what suits us best, eh?

This thread has been fairly clean so far, lets keep the trollin to a minimum.
Last edited by Pyronost; 10-29-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Old 10-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet peeve of mine: swarm kiting was charm kiting, which is impossible to do here. What you people do is not swarming, it's simply AE kiting.
ok well this is emu not live. this is what we call it and prepared to get fucked up on r99 you just insulted our bard intelligence its going down now
Closed Thread