Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Kobold

Default Giants in Burning Woods Can't be looted around / behind ramp

Happening all day yesterday and today. Soon as a mob dies midway / behind ramp, although body is perfectly visible, trying to loot from any angle / spot gives the error "too far away to loot".
Old 10-08-2019, 10:28 AM
Former Guide

Please provide exact loc for devs to test.

While this may seem tedious, they do not always know each camp and they have specific commands to teleport to that exact area, summon and kill a mob.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please provide exact loc for devs to test.

While this may seem tedious, they do not always know each camp and they have specific commands to teleport to that exact area, summon and kill a mob.
Will do. Note that it happened in a dozen different places in a general area over a dozen mobs, but will do my best to list them all.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Banned

Mob dying somewhere that we couldn't loot it happened on live enough
Old 10-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Kobold

Ok, glad you sent me back, as I found a separate issue that may actually be the problem - not the ground itself.

It turns out, if you kill the mob while it is in "mid air", the body where it lies is unlootable. How it happened (all the times) is charm killing, when a mob is low it flees down or around the ramp, I root, and it is off the ramp but in the air (or bouncing up and down a bit). If it dies in that suspened state the body is unlootable (but the body goes to the ground.) I mob killed ON the ground in the same spot doesn't have this affect. It has to be caught on the Z plane.

This just happened on the top of the ramp (1009, 1121, -206) as the mob was charging up the ramp, got to low HP so started fleeing, was rooted and not on a stable plane, then nuked and lied flat at that spot - but body said "too far away".

Hope that helps, will continue to try and replicate it. I have killed a thousand giants here (not even stretching the truth) here and this is the first day I have ever seen this happen, so new from one of the new patches.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

As a possible workaround, you might try "/target a giant corpse" and "/loot" (while standing as close as possible).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a possible workaround, you might try "/target a giant corpse" and "/loot" (while standing as close as possible).
I will, thanks!

With over 100 levels in P1999 this is the first time I have experienced this, so tried /bugging. Will see if that works instead. I did try different angles, etc.