Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's still a good reason to own a wii or wii u. Softmodding. It's really simple to softmod and load homebrew or roms and they make great emulation htpc.
woke

original wii is by far the best console since ps2 for this reason. also, Mario Galaxy was the only standout game of that gen
Old 02-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Orc

So they say you will be able to play classic nintendo games online.

Snes - Rock N Roll Racing!

Bad to the Bone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bOsdHckhg

Born To Be Wild - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbATaj7Il8

Highway Star - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9ie2J2690

Paranoid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNdB5-A9O7g
Last edited by saujee; 02-08-2017 at 02:22 PM..
Old 02-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Banned

netplay is a cute idea but I've had it on emu for a decade and only rarely bothered with it. and I can be at my computer when I do that instead of stuck in the passive chair.

couch coop and portability are the only things consoles offer, prove me wrong
Old 02-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's still a good reason to own a wii or wii u. Softmodding. It's really simple to softmod and load homebrew or roms and they make great emulation htpc.
Yeah, I use my Steam Link for this. With RetroArch you can pretty much make it the ultimate emulation console.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Banned

If only dreamcast and psp core had better/updated cores retroarch would be my primary emulation needs.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just stopping by to let OP know i didnt read any of this thread
You must be a PS4 fanboy Get out! Get out now you filthy animal!

/jokes
Old 02-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
after the PS2 they just became expensive bluray players
semiwoke
Old 02-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If only dreamcast and psp core had better/updated cores retroarch would be my primary emulation needs.
Yeah sadly the Dreamcast core is horrible on it. Luckily I still have a working Dreamcast console so I'm not too upset about it especially since RA is solid for SNES, Genesis, N64, GB emulation.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Orc

Hajime Tabata, the director of Final Fantasy XV, has significant interest in Switch.

Speaking about Nintendo’s console with French outlet Gameblog, Tabata talked about how he is looking forward to the platform as both a developer and a player. This is also the first time in awhile that he’s has had interest in creating titles for a Nintendo platform.

Tabata’s words in full:

“I’m very interested in this machine! As a player, but also as a developer. The Nintendo Switch that you can transform into a controller, that you can put into a dock, that you can move around with, on which you can replace elements.

It’s been a while that I’ve told myself that I would like to make games on a Nintendo machine, so if the Nintendo Switch could be that opportunity, I’ll be delighted!”
Old 02-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
For sure, I love the Wii for modding. I "hardmodded" the wii back in the days along with softmod and recently started to use the Wii again after many years. Unfortunately I bricked the Wii modding on it now and have not yet the time to get deep into it to fix the error(IOS mixups - latest System Menu). Two Player ping pong on a projector is awesome.

Is WiiU a viable option to mod now? Can I get the same result as a Wii, ie: Emu of all old consoles, Wii, GCN, HDD backups etc? IF this is possible it should be better than regular Wii, as you have the touchpad to go along/can use all Wii peripherals.

Edit: If Im not mistaken WiiU only emulates Wii(does not have the Wii processing chips) but I might be wrong, if thats the case I guess Wii is still the only choice.
Last edited by Muggens; 02-08-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Closed Thread