Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Though. I do admit this thread is the driving force keeping me awake.

So I am also thankful for that.
Lol inadvertently getting help from your foes. Keep it up!! Get that manastone.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

I think this thread has run it’s course. Grakken and Masterize are assholes and Crovax is looking for manastone welfare/charity, and has gotten it.

/thread
Old 11-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can argue this either way. The person at #1 cant kill mob. So should they lose their spot? Or are those that wont help, causing a zone disruption?

I would expect some tweaks are made to the /list functionality. The whole /list idea, is meant to not require staff to babysit these specific rare item spawns. And getting the rare item will still require putting in the time.

There is no /claim. Here is your new manastone. Grats me!

The intent is to make these camps manageable, and prevent from becoming non-stop shitshows.
To be fair I think the system worked. They tried to push me out of a spot. But because of the /list they couldn't. The moment others showed up things went smoothly back on track without a need of a guide there.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or are those that wont help, causing a zone disruption?
While you can currently hold a camp 'hostage' at #1 in a couple of ways, I still see the danger in adjustments that favor the opposing situation. A guild with sufficient online members could rotate people in-and-out and hold a camp permanently, if they have ways of booting people who they say "can't hold it alone" (read: aren't guild members / friends).

Currently, at least if you can solo the camp, you can hold a spot on the list (assuming no training / foul play).

At some level, my hope for the /list system was that it would force groups to form with pick-up members. e.g. that for these camps, at all times, all the people on the /list there are grouped, and helping each other, and as people get the item, they leave the group, so the next /list'ed can join.

Instead, like the typical min/max loot-fiend EQrs we are, we've found ways of exploiting the mechanics of the /list system, to either hold it hostage from a legitimate group that deserves to be there, or to force someone off the camp because your friends have greater numbers than theirs.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Kobold

I'm excited to get my stone. The list is working as intended and from the sound of it, the line sounds smallish/reasonable if there were only 2 people on the list.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand. When did the absence of charity become rude or selfish? If I hold the door open for someone, I'm nice. If I don't, I'm an ahole?

This is 10 hours of charity to a complete stranger. I don't understand why it is being compelled.

I did not bully him out of anything. Had I just logged off, he'd be in the same scenario. Three hours of a PH up and no one killing it.
Was that before, or after you failed to train him, that you had the epiphany to just not help. Your intentions are very obvious to the people reading the screenshots that Crovax posted.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
You can argue this either way. The person at #1 cant kill mob. So should they lose their spot? Or are those that wont help, causing a zone disruption?

I would expect some tweaks are made to the /list functionality. The whole /list idea, is meant to not require staff to babysit these specific rare item spawns. And getting the rare item will still require putting in the time.

There is no /claim. Here is your new manastone. Grats me!

The intent is to make these camps manageable, and prevent from becoming non-stop shitshows.
I don't think you succeded in creating less drama.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead, like the typical min/max loot-fiend EQrs we are, we've found ways of exploiting the mechanics of the /list system, to either hold it hostage from a legitimate group that deserves to be there, or to force someone off the camp because your friends have greater numbers than theirs.
You can't hold it hostage. You kill EE, stone drops. #1 loots it or not, he is still removed from the list. and can't force someone off. Your statement is false.
Last edited by Modwolf; 11-14-2019 at 01:26 PM..
Old 11-14-2019, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair I think the system worked. They tried to push me out of a spot. But because of the /list they couldn't. The moment others showed up things went smoothly back on track without a need of a guide there.
I never tried to push you out of your spot. I just don't want to earn it for you. I want you to earn it. I hope you get your MS. I just take issue of it being borne off other's sweat and not your own.

I think this showcases why some tweaks need to be made. Level 40 -44 to list here, or 35 if in a group.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get how it is a zone disruption. For 2 hours it was just me and him. If I had logged off he'd be in the same scenario.

I honestly don't think he has broken P99 Rules. I just find it offensive I'm obligated to farm a manastone for a stranger. I'm happy to wait in line, he just isn't able to move the line forward. He couldn't solo it or get a group to come kill it for him in that time. There should be some time limit to engage appropriate to the encounter.
Keep going, that hole you are digging is mighty fine.
Closed Thread