Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-09-2024, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Bards are banned from Velks. Go to burning woods to swarm

Any swarms seen will be rooted and if the problem persists the bard will be ported to the middle of Timorous Deep.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta love the entitlement here. Talking about "My camp". If you've been at a camp for hours and say you've claimed the camp then why are there so many mobs up that require you to be pacifying multiple mobs to get to another mob? You can't "claim" a camp and leave the majority of the mobs up at the same time.

Here's some simple solutions for you, although based on the complaining tone I don't suspect that's the actual outcome you seek from this thread.

Solution 1: Actually hold down a camp if you don't want competition. If there aren't any mobs up and you're killing mobs as they spawn there's not really anything anyone can do to come in and take "your camp". Especially if their strategy involves kiting a large number of mobs.

Solution 2: Related to solution 1, choose a camp that you can actually hold down...If you're only capable of killing 4 mobs every spawn cycle and there are 20 spawns in that area than the majority of players are going to come in over the top of you because you're really just wasting the camp at that point and doing the opposite of holding it down.

Solution 3: Go somewhere else. I go back to the question of why are you at the entrance? Velks is a large zone and rarely has more than 1-3 people (usually enchanters) that are killing anything beyond the main room at zone in. You have pacify you can go virtually anywhere else in the zone, along with many other zones, to have an uncontested camp.

Solution 4: Get good. Learn how to compete. Alter your strategies to monopolize the mobs that you're after or to make it more difficult for others that also want to compete in that area. Let's be honest the majority of players on P99 are weak willed and when you actually are capable of standing your ground in a way that's not productive for them to also be there they usually leave fairly quickly.
Ahh another dumb comment and logic. Why is it the accounts that are newer are the ones who make troll statements?

Entitled you say? So asking a bard to not pull mobs above me on a camp I've held down for hours all by myself with no troubles at all is me being entitled. How about the bards stop feeling entitled to do as they wish?

I hold my camp down just fine even with a bard in the zone. Asking for courtesy though so we players do not have to put in extra work to hold something down we have already been holding down for hours.

Why should I go somewhere else? Why should the bard who has not been in the zone for hours win? Why should they get all the mobs? Why are they not looking like ok crap I see CE or frenzy is camped I better just pull the bottom floor. Instead they pull everything with no care in the world nor warnings.

If you find me entitled for asking bards to not mess with the camp I'm killing then your brain is just broken not even a little but completely.

Again I'm asked why I'm in velks.... Because I effin can be? Why do I kill the mobs I do? Because I effin can. Velks is a very viable and smart choice of a exping zone. You have a bank and merchants who are not kos to anyone other than those who wreck their faction. You have risk free banking. You have armor gems that drop that will be needed to make said armor.

So my big question to you is.... why even speak if your gonna make moronic comments and logics.

As an enchanter we leave multiple mobs up at once for a reason. We have pets we leave in place to not mess with the 27 minute spawn rotations. We can only kill so fast. We can easily clear CE to the top with no issues. But, there are those times you get up to piss or grab a snack and you have a few extra spawns than normal. So you end up needing to paci to get things back in rotation. So during times I let a mob or two spawn paci is needed at that point. You should try and enchanter some day and in velks. My camps named stay dead. My camps trash normally stays dead unless i miss a rotation which is quickly fixed.

Now to the bigger point. I kill all my mobs just fine. This DOES NOT cancel out the bards mobs from pathing top to bottom. So in my spot in my camp where I can not be in illusion and be just fine that is wrecked. I now have to ensure my illusion is on because the bards mobs are pathing through my area that's cleared noticing me either killing me then or possibly returning if the bard fails the kite. Which this risk would be non-existent in a normal eq setting. But, because the bard wants to swarm I'm put at a greater risk if they fail their kite.

Do you even brain?
Last edited by nvidor; 04-10-2024 at 09:57 AM..
Old 04-10-2024, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh another dumb comment and logic. Why is it the accounts that are newer are the ones who make troll statements?
Because he's obviously someone who was banned on his last account and has so little going on in his life that his response to being banned isn't to move on, it's to make another account. This is probably like his 4th or 5th forum account if I had to guess.

As for your other points, you're absolutely correct. Hence why I said that guy sounds like he hasn't spent much time in Velks (or even playing certain classes).
Old 04-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just remove swarming on bards like Quarm ...4 mobs only at a time and they have a max pull ..so yeah bards can't get more than a certain amount of mobs and songs only hit 4 at a time.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because he's obviously someone who was banned on his last account and has so little going on in his life that his response to being banned isn't to move on, it's to make another account. This is probably like his 4th or 5th forum account if I had to guess.

As for your other points, you're absolutely correct. Hence why I said that guy sounds like he hasn't spent much time in Velks (or even playing certain classes).
Indeed. Im not pissed I am just sick of them not having courtesy. Speak with me coordinate your pull so I know to prepare to ensure illusion is on ensure im not currently fighting to pull agro when they run past.

I will say to the very very few bards I have ran across who do this very thing Thank you for being understanding doing whats right for yourself and your fellow players. To those who just zone in and start mass pulling get bent. lol
Old 04-10-2024, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragontx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just remove swarming on bards like Quarm ...4 mobs only at a time and they have a max pull ..so yeah bards can't get more than a certain amount of mobs and songs only hit 4 at a time.
that would be hilarious

never gonna happen tho
Old 04-10-2024, 12:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Entitled you say? So asking a bard to not pull mobs above me on a camp I've held down for hours all by myself with no troubles at all is me being entitled. How about the bards stop feeling entitled to do as they wish?

I hold my camp down just fine even with a bard in the zone. Asking for courtesy though so we players do not have to put in extra work to hold something down we have already been holding down for hours.

Why should I go somewhere else? Why should the bard who has not been in the zone for hours win? Why should they get all the mobs? Why are they not looking like ok crap I see CE or frenzy is camped I better just pull the bottom floor. Instead they pull everything with no care in the world nor warnings.

If you find me entitled for asking bards to not mess with the camp I'm killing then your brain is just broken not even a little but completely.

Again I'm asked why I'm in velks.... Because I effin can be? Why do I kill the mobs I do? Because I effin can. Velks is a very viable and smart choice of a exping zone. You have a bank and merchants who are not kos to anyone other than those who wreck their faction. You have risk free banking. You have armor gems that drop that will be needed to make said armor.

So my big question to you is.... why even speak if your gonna make moronic comments and logics.

As an enchanter we leave multiple mobs up at once for a reason. We have pets we leave in place to not mess with the 27 minute spawn rotations. We can only kill so fast. We can easily clear CE to the top with no issues. But, there are those times you get up to piss or grab a snack and you have a few extra spawns than normal. So you end up needing to paci to get things back in rotation. So during times I let a mob or two spawn paci is needed at that point. You should try and enchanter some day and in velks. My camps named stay dead. My camps trash normally stays dead unless i miss a rotation which is quickly fixed.

Now to the bigger point. I kill all my mobs just fine. This DOES NOT cancel out the bards mobs from pathing top to bottom. So in my spot in my camp where I can not be in illusion and be just fine that is wrecked. I now have to ensure my illusion is on because the bards mobs are pathing through my area that's cleared noticing me either killing me then or possibly returning if the bard fails the kite. Which this risk would be non-existent in a normal eq setting. But, because the bard wants to swarm I'm put at a greater risk if they fail their kite.

Do you even brain?
I've taken the liberty of bolding all of the entitled statements you made in just this one post alone since you're so blinded by it. Its hilarious how you put everything in the context of I can do anything but they can only do what I deem is ok. Maybe only child syndrome is a better way to define it.

The great irony of complaining about how someone else chooses to kill mobs while righteously proclaiming that your way is the only appropriate way.

Obviously you can't hold down the camp without issue or you wouldn't have created an entire cry thread on the forums. Also highly recommend reading the definition of holding down a camp in the PNP, I assure you it doesn't involve consistently leaving mobs up.

Basically your purview is that if you are somewhere, nobody else should be allowed to compete in that area or use the tools available to their class to compete the same way you would use your classes tools. Sorry to burst your bubble but that's the literal exact opposite of how EQ has worked since 99 and its never going to change. Hence why someone recommended you explore other platforms that offer instanced content as its the only solution that will stop you from crying.

The reality is other people are coming into the zone killing all the mobs that you're leaving up and instead of getting better and finding better ways to optimize killing the mobs you want to, all you do is cry about what other people are doing.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Naaa 1 and only account, You'll notice I only post on the forums Tues-Thurs on the days where I'm required to be physically in the office getting paid to post on the forums. Gotta love when people that have been on here for 5 or 9 years project no life on the person that's been here for 1 though. The irony is strong in this thread!
Old 04-10-2024, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragontx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woah woah woah. Lets not get to hasty here. We just need a server rule to stop bards from swarming specifically in velks. Go swarm in BW where no one ever is
Old 04-10-2024, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naaa 1 and only account, You'll notice I only post on the forums Tues-Thurs on the days where I'm required to be physically in the office getting paid to post on the forums. Gotta love when people that have been on here for 5 or 9 years project no life on the person that's been here for 1 though. The irony is strong in this thread!
Suuuuure. You're totally just a brand new person to P99 who showed up in 2023. Uh huh. We all definitely believe you.