Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Kobold

Default Medium quality ore and Fine Plate

Not sure I'm anxious to see this change, but if you're really trying to go 'pure' classic:

No types of Medium quality ore (Blocks, large bricks or small bricks) were sold in Freeport or most other cities when the game was new. I can't say for sure where all it was sold, but I do knew that large bricks of MQ ore were sold in High Keep, and that was the source that most people used when skilling up on Fine Plate armor.

The procedure (which was so painful that it is ingrained in my memory) was this: Run to High Keep. Buy as many large bricks of MQ ore as you could carry and go out to the forge in High Pass. Turn the large bricks into blocks and the blocks into Folded Sheets of MQ. Go back into high keep and put the results in the bank. Repeat until you had filled your bank inventory.

Then gate (or run if you were a melee) back to Freeport. Go to the bank in NFP and get out some Folded sheets and other ingredients, then go to EFP to buy molds and make some fine plate. Buy more molds and bring them to NFP and get more stuff out of the bank and make some more FP there and go back and forth until you had run out of sheets.

Then head back to High Keep.

I am reasonably sure than bricks and blocks of MQ ore were not stackable. I kind of think that the SHEETS were not stackable, but I'm not 100 percent sure of that; maybe someone else will remember. I know that this was not changed until sometime after Kunark release, but I don't remember exactly when.

This was one god-awful process and I would dread a return to it, but it was definitely classic.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenephex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am reasonably sure than bricks and blocks of MQ ore were not stackable. I kind of think that the SHEETS were not stackable, but I'm not 100 percent sure of that; maybe someone else will remember.
Those size bricks and blocks aren't stackable on p1999 either.
Sheets were stackable at the time. I had a bank alt loaded with nothing but stacked sheets.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those size bricks and blocks aren't stackable on p1999 either.
Sheets were stackable at the time. I had a bank alt loaded with nothing but stacked sheets.
Thank you; I'm glad someone else remembers this.

The more I think about this, the limited availability of items on particular merchants in particular places was definitely a part of the flavor of classic, especially for tradeskillers, but not limited to that.

I don't know what the chances are of us ever figuring out what items were only available in certain places, but I think it's worth pursuing as much as possible. I can remember, for example, always going to Halas to skill up brewing on Minotaur Hero's Brew, but I really don't recall what specific item it was that was somewhat unique to those vendors.
Closed Thread