Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Aviak

Nicely Done
Old 05-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Sarnak

Ok heres the video proof.

Ok, bad video quality I had to use my wife's ERIS to record this, but at least you can be relatively sure its not a fake eh? If someone actually doubts this THAT much ill record chatting and buffing them via the phone.

Temps hit 104 F at the highest for the phone. A tad warm but not dangerously unsafe. Again the phone was clocked at 1.2 GHz, wireless connection (54MBs).

Everything works EXCEPT for some reason i cant get the arrow keys to translate properly, but casting, chatting, jumping, buffing, combat everything works.

Average FPS was about 15ish and maybe quite a bit higher when zoomed in. Multi touch works.

The app that enables this kind of gameplay is PhoneMyPC via the market, but i strongly recommend a good OC and a custom performance rooted ROM to get anything approaching playable performance like this.

Also an insanely fast MicroSD care swap like the Kingston CLASS 10 16Gb is well worth it, its responsible for seriously speeding up swap and load times. (For comparison, the MicroSD in all stock cell phones is a class 2, meaning 2 MB/s max, where a Class 10 is 10 MB/s rate).

First video attempt, outside the gates of East Freeport
TEMP INFO: Temps got up to 40c during this test, and stabilized
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duaJz_RoKh0

Second video attempt, on the oasis docks. More going on, a group is fighting (I cast a few spells as well), particles, spell effects, combat, and zooms and pans.
TEMP INFO: Temperature again got up t0 44c (104f) during this test and stabilized. FYI the droid is rated by motorola up to 70c (200f)!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEQqgoaOlZA

Last Video: This time i start with the keyboard closed and the client in vertical mode, then demonstrate the client rotation to landscape..aaaaand some random clicking and zooming around because im tired and its late and i need sleep.
TEMP INFO: 42c this time, HOWEVER something caused a lovely crash right after i finished filming and rebooted the phone totally. Upon reboot the temp was already back to 36c so im figuring a client error and not temperature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_NIyAoNFt4

the official specs on the droid's ARM cortex a8 processor, the operating temperature is 0c to 90c (standard applications), and -40c to 105c (extreme applications). Either way the minimum max temp is 90C (194F).
Last edited by ShadowWulf; 05-14-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Old 05-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Large Rat

Default WOW!

drang just told me about this. . .

WOW BADASS!

it looks like it runs fairly good on that overclocked phone o yours.

minus the camera quality that looks really good.

CHEERS! im going to keep my eye on this thread
Old 05-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Playing EQ whilst waiting for the bus or something might possibly be the future i envisioned in 1999... everyone else was picturing flying cars and artificial humans... not me!

I enchant things...
Old 05-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Scary... Now I can have EQ on my phone and my thumb drive... I'm tempted but am resisting the urge.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Aviak

Has anyone had a chance to try this on an HTC Droid Incredible yet? I am not sure how it would work without a physical keyboard like the Moto Droid has, is it possible to connect a small usb keyboard to one of these phones via the micro USB port?

I have never wanted a smart phone until this day...and now I am sooooo close to buying one...=)
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 05-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgrin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone had a chance to try this on an HTC Droid Incredible yet? I am not sure how it would work without a physical keyboard like the Moto Droid has, is it possible to connect a small usb keyboard to one of these phones via the micro USB port?

I have never wanted a smart phone until this day...and now I am sooooo close to buying one...=)
A soft keyboard interface is usable on the screen, but it tends to suck pretty bad. Also having played with an incredible AND the droid, one in each hand yesterday running parallel tasks i must say i find the screen on the Incredible to suck ass. You can SEE the individual pixels, much like the eris my wife has, and it drives me absolutely insane.

Also i dont think anybody else but me is doing this so far as Project 1999 is concerned as of yet.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

Shadow,

Does dropping the resolution & effects in the game change the FPS at all? I don't mind playing the game on a low resolution without spell effects and such if it increases FPS. Or is the speed of the FPS completely dependent upon the PhoneMyPC Client?

Also.. your tests are being done inside your house via Wireless. Have you tried it outside your home from another WiFi hotspot? This will be the situation that many of us will be in - wanting to play at work/school/library/etc and connecting to our computer at home.

Also I'm running 1GHZ Rom on my Droid... do you suggest the 1.2ghz rom for doing this?

BTW man this is fricken genius, I was wanting to see someone pull this off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if you can do this with EQ... you can do it with any game since it's a Remote desktop type solution.
Last edited by FatMagic; 05-14-2010 at 10:52 AM..
Old 05-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Lol this is awesome.
Hafthor: Dwarf Cleric (NEW: Try GREEN Hafthor!)
Tsukiko: Human Monk
Burzma: Troll Shaman
Old 05-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Dawgrin 65 Paladin of Morell Thule (Retired)
Dawgrit 85 Paladin of Erollisi Marr (Semi-Retired)
Dawgrin 5 Paladin of Project1999
Yo dawg, we heard you like Paladins! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread