Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-08-2023, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

I thort this game has been worked out 10 years ago?
So far ive seen people say weapon swaps (leave auto attack ON) for extra dps is da ducks nuts.
Weapon swaps (but click auto attack OFF between swapping) for extra dps is da ducks nuts.
Doesnt work for anyone but monks.
Works for all melee.
Now epic REDUCES fist damage, but only when clicking 2hander off.

I think ill roll up a wizard and just use h2h. Equiping str and minus mana armors.
Old 11-08-2023, 12:15 PM
Fire Giant

This doesn't work for me.
Old 11-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This doesn't work for me.
One of the best warriors on the server here, folks.

Case closed. Aint nobody got time for weapon swapping except for the turbo-nerd monks.
Old 11-08-2023, 01:21 PM
Kobold

option 1) actively weapon swap for ? more dps; nobody notices or even gives a shit regardless lol

option 2) take it ez, eat some snacks, rip ur bong, pet ur puppies and/or kitties while you perform the exact same in-game function [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2023, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I legit couldn't turn attack off, take 2h out, swap in inventory with offhand, equip that, then swap back without missing a 2h attack
Keep bag open next to weapon slots on hotkey panel. Immediately after primary attack, click off auto and that weapon, replace with the offhand weapon sitting right next to it, press the offhand attack key, then immediately reswap to the primary weapon and turn auto attack on.

Even when max hasted there's over 2 seconds to do it. You could practice with a higher delay 2H or maybe less haste to start with.

Not using auto attack at all is also possible. Can manually hit the main hand attack button until it happens, then do the swap. That could help in giving a better feel for the swap timing, instead of waiting for the auto attack to timer to pop on the primary attack swing and needing to turn auto attack on/off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nobody notices or even gives a shit regardless lol
Any DPS log notices, and I absolutely noticed in 1999 when the best Warriors were doing this. It's certainly easier to do without max haste, but still completely possible even then, and WILL significantly change what a given character is able to accomplish. People have complained about Warriors not being able to get aggro well enough. Guess what, if you are doing significantly more DPS, you're going to be building aggro better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now epic REDUCES fist damage, but only when clicking 2hander off.
Epic reduces base fist damage in any case, setting it to 9 instead of 14 (for a Level 60 monk). The epic greatly increases the attack speed of fists, but that's irrelevant for the "2-hander dual wield" method. Hence, having epic equipped reduces a Monk's maximum possible DPS, at least when they are already buffed with the Ranger +ATK buff, which doesn't stack with the epic +ATK buff.
Old 11-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

All I've learned so far is that even the sweetiest most complex rotation in p99 is basically just pressing 2 buttons and clicking ur mouse
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-08-2023, 08:50 PM
Fire Giant

This really isn't a game where milliseconds count for something, apart from Bard doing an AoE kite.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Zuranthium, you are just wrong.

My 2hs is 43 delay - works out to a swing every 2.15 seconds properly hasted.

2 seconds is not a long time.

There is no way anyone can reliably turn off attack, weapon swap from an open bag … hit … swap back and get that next swing in any given round. Much less do it over and over and over and over and over while fighting. Every missed mainhand swing opportunity is a lost 42/43 swing that can triple attack and has that sweet ass 2h damage bonus. Never mind missed chances to proc a dd stun.

You’re wrong.

Period.

You’d be better off pulling the monk trick for an offhand punch for negligible damage. At least then you wouldn’t miss out on mainhand swings

Edit: even if it were possible it ain’t worth the 99.99999% constant clicking to make the marginal gains even close to worthwhile.

Now if we had, say, a 120/120 2 hander … that would be more realistic. Even then fuck all that clicking just to get an extra offhand attack in between rounds. Offhand dps is ass.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 11-08-2023 at 09:22 PM..
Old 11-08-2023, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Yea I think zuran is just trolling us. Tried the OH thing on my monk in the 30s. Was dumb. If you wipe on a raid because every melee wasn’t swapping out 2h for < 1 dps, you prob deserved to wipe anyway.
Old 11-09-2023, 01:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zuranthium, you are just wrong.

My 2hs is 43 delay - works out to a swing every 2.15 seconds properly hasted.

2 seconds is not a long time.

There is no way anyone can reliably turn off attack, weapon swap from an open bag … hit … swap back and get that next swing in any given round. Much less do it over and over and over and over and over while fighting. Every missed mainhand swing opportunity is a lost 42/43 swing that can triple attack and has that sweet ass 2h damage bonus. Never mind missed chances to proc a dd stun.

You’re wrong.

Period.

You’d be better off pulling the monk trick for an offhand punch for negligible damage. At least then you wouldn’t miss out on mainhand swings

Edit: even if it were possible it ain’t worth the 99.99999% constant clicking to make the marginal gains even close to worthwhile.

Now if we had, say, a 120/120 2 hander … that would be more realistic. Even then fuck all that clicking just to get an extra offhand attack in between rounds. Offhand dps is ass.
And if you have high ping, like me, this is even more of a bad idea.