Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which was a better box.
VZTZ 60 64.52%
Red99 33 35.48%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 12:55 AM
Kobold

I'd kill for a rile event pvp battle, one of the best places in eq for mass pvp.. God those were fun.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I confirmed a hard-on from the last two posts.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:32 PM
Banned

There was times during classic that population hit single digits.

Aside from the first couple months it was pretty shitty, and the resist code was so custom that the PVP felt completely shitty.

At 130 MR you would get rooted consistently, and there was rechargeable root nets/golem wands that everyone knew about for low plat cost.

It was better than the box is now but for it to be truly fun you'd need boxing and a better resist code.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Banned

I would love to see a custom teams box with the same EXP code as red, boxing, classic only, and the current resist no recharge coding.

Would be great for a long time, or at least for a few months until it became stale.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:43 PM
Banned

stasis are we ever going to see you again on this box pal
Old 01-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Dont do it stasis.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Have they ever released the source for R99/P99?

I can understand why they wouldn't, but it'd be an uphill battle to engineer a box to be on par w/ this one if the source is in the same state it was a few years ago.

The people behind the VZTZ project (including Sirken) were not all corrupt and spent a lot of time trying to keep it clean. We never had a good hardcoded solution for MQ abuse. There was a check on player movement speed and that's about it.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have they ever released the source for R99/P99?

I can understand why they wouldn't, but it'd be an uphill battle to engineer a box to be on par w/ this one if the source is in the same state it was a few years ago.

The people behind the VZTZ project (including Sirken) were not all corrupt and spent a lot of time trying to keep it clean. We never had a good hardcoded solution for MQ abuse. There was a check on player movement speed and that's about it.
No, and it is very unlikely they ever will. On one hand I understand that they've put in countless hours and releasing the source code could have a negative impact on the population of their servers, and as any R99 player can attest to having a large population is important in EQ. On the other hand though, it would be nice if they at least "sponsored" another dev team willing to focus on custom PVP rulesets to fill a gap in the EQ emu community.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see a custom teams box with the same EXP code as red, boxing, classic only, and the current resist no recharge coding.

Would be great for a long time, or at least for a few months until it became stale.
This would be rad.

It'd be cool if there was an intuitive way to cut some of the useless zones out, so that players even on a low-pop server would have that same level of interaction/pvp that most of us remember.

There's no going back to the 200+ elves and shorts gridlocked at Faydark/BB/Steamfont zonelines in 2016, but I'd settle for less.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stasis are we ever going to see you again on this box pal
The chances of you guys contesting Empire are about as close as you sticking your dick up your own ass so probably not.

I would play a new box, or if things somehow changed but to imagine the amount of time a group of players would have to spend to get geared enough to take on Empire is not even worth thinking about, and PVE is boring.
Closed Thread