Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-01-2023, 10:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Purple is blue mixed with red. Isn't the combination of green and blue called blue-green? Or is it cyan, turquoise or teal? I dunno.. I'm colorblind. The colors all look the same.
https://marketingaccesspass.com/gree...and-blue-make/

CYAN

Cyan is considered a cool color, meaning it comprises the properties of hues that are soothing and calming.
Old 03-01-2023, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Legacy items ruin the entire p99 project on the later servers who gives a shit how more manastones and bind affinity items impact the ones on blue.

Don’t worry guys there are enough COSs pharmed on blue alone for every active player to have at least one on their account too.

Next server which I hope happens I very seriously
Hope the staff realizes how unclassic green was because of the totally new and unclassic “legacy item” implementation.

Let some people play eq classic without focusing on the “legacy item” doomsday clocks. pLeASe!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

Idk why people care about the economy on blue. It’s not like there are in game pensions to worry about. If it adjusts on merge it will adjust. So what? After the bluebies wanting plank mqs, manastones, etc buy what they want it will return to relative normality anyway.

Bandages and muffins won’t be effected.

Legacy items can be gm event awards pre kunark (instead of dropped) to emulate their relatively rare existence imo.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-02-2023, 05:19 AM
Fire Giant

I have a few legacy items on my Green char (notably Rod of Mourning). After the merge guess what, it's staying on that character. WTF use would I have for Blue plat? I'll be on Green 2.0
Old 03-02-2023, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk why people care about the economy on blue. It’s not like there are in game pensions to worry about. If it adjusts on merge it will adjust. So what? After the bluebies wanting plank mqs, manastones, etc buy what they want it will return to relative normality anyway.

Bandages and muffins won’t be effected.

Legacy items can be gm event awards pre kunark (instead of dropped) to emulate their relatively rare existence imo.
Well that would be pretty unclassic. The /list system is about the best model we can hope for, especially if they could somehow ban account sharing but I realize that's basically impossible.

How about: You can only log in an account on one IP for any given 24hr period. People always claim they have radically dynamic IP's and that's why account sharing can never be banned, but I'm sure the vast majority of players have static IPs. Account sharing\botting is one of the worst aspects of p99, especially at the end game. It was naturally limited on live by the fact that accounts cost money, but on p99 any time you see a guildmate online, especially in raiding guilds, you're only about 25% sure it's actually that person. Like oh hey our main tank is online! Oops no, it's actually just one of the fifty people who can log him in.
Old 03-04-2023, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Account sharing\botting is one of the worst aspects of p99, especially at the end game. It was naturally limited on live by the fact that accounts cost money, but on p99 any time you see a guildmate online, especially in raiding guilds, you're only about 25% sure it's actually that person. Like oh hey our main tank is online! Oops no, it's actually just one of the fifty people who can log him in.
Yeah, I hate this. I refuse to raid on guild bots. If I come to a raid, as rare as that is these days, it's because I want to play MY character at the raid.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How about: You can only log in an account on one IP for any given 24hr period.
I like it.

How about also, you nobody can log your account in for 24 hours after you have? Incentive for people to actually have more than 1 character on an account.

It could make things like Planar wipes way more spicy and discourage VPN use.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just merge green into blue as originally intended and start over. The endless debate doesn't really matter to anyone other than tunnel fat cats.

New starters who want to play on a 14 year old server just got more help in terms of cheap available pixels, or they can go for the new twink free rusty scythe option.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 03-04-2023, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
{ya.dingus} has blue tunnel stocks hedged on green items not entering his markets...
Really don't want the merge do you? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What do you actually lose by having a bigger population?
Old 03-05-2023, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

It kinda sucks not knowing who’s behind a character it’s really anti role play.
Lost but not forgotten.