Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Fire Giant

lol @ OP. You suckers are getting trolled sooooo hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't making a whole lot of sense here. We have no way of knowing how much hate other DPS are generating. So we can either SAVE our taunt for when the mob actually DOES change aggro to somebody else.... When it's a sure thing. OR we can just repeatedly mash taunt and hope that somehow it's benefiting us.

I'd rather have it primed and ready to go to snap aggro back as soon as the mob turns. That stops people from getting dead. If I'm waiting on taunt to refresh because I think some rogue might be generating more hate than me... it would really suck to see an enchanter drop while I'm waiting for that button to light up again, would you agree?

When you need taunt, you need it immediately.

Honestly it depends a lot on the situation, I was trying to critique a common misconception implied by a post, not comment on what is the better practice.

If your of the opinion that 100% of the time spamming taunt is "DOING IT WRONG" then that's fine. I disagree, but I have no interest in trying to convince anyone of the contrary.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

You guys talking about Zords?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Correct me if im wrong, but from what i was told and seen in game the taunt works as follows:

Hitting taunt puts you to the top of the hate list +1 (which has been stated here already).

However I thought the main reason why you don’t mash taunt is because of this fact: if for example you taunt and go to the top of the list +1, then carry on to generate say +10 more hate over anyone in your group, the next time you taunt, you simply drop down to the second placed hate members hate level but +1, so effectively lowering your hate overall...
Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Kobold

can anyone explain how taunt works one more time!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Kobold

OBsidian Shard isa FUKKEN rogue weapon. EXE AXE is a FUKKEN WArrior WEAPON. I'm a Warrior, not a fukken rogue trying to poke a mob with a little shard.

Besides, mobs go down ALOT faster with a Axe of the Slayers/Executioners Axe.
Sorry im not rich enough to afford a fukken yak, alot of people in EC try to charge ridiculous prices as it is.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Can't afford the best? Be a gimp like the rest.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbrdr642 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you are somewhat correct but also somewhat mistaken. I think you do understand the mechanics of taunt yet maybe you don't fully understand the mechanics of agro. At least how agro worked on live, I'm not sure if it is exactly the same on p1999.

Even when you restate what you mean a little more clearly, you are making a fundamental error.

So first of all think of the mobs hate or agro as a list. Now say the tank is the first to engage the mob, he is placed at the top of the list. As other group members cast spells they are added to the list based on many factors. Taunt puts you at the top of the list, so yes, with this level of understanding you are right on. But, there's another factor that determines the mob's agro more than simply who is on top. There's a certain threshold of hate that you have to pass to steal agro away from someone. So back to our scenario with the tank at the top of the list, if a rogue starts building hate faster than the warrior he will start moving up the list and eventually be at the top himself. However, he will not steal hate away from the warrior just because he is +1 point of hate above the warrior. I don't know what the actual figure is but for this example lets say its like +10 hate. So if the rogue is at the top of the list and +9 hate above the warrior, the warrior will still have agro.
Yes, you are correct. This is why I also mention doing kick + bash and hope for a proc after you land the taunt.
I know what I'm talking about.
I never said taunt alone will take agro back. And anyway my point was letting the OP know that spamming taunt can often be A: useless or B: detrimental if you loose agro right after it.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would make more sense to have a staff with a skull on it or a book being a necromancer, but instead I currently look like I'm about to cut some grass with my scythe while sipping some tea.
Yeah, Ive got one of those goofy white mugs too. I just tell myself that is filled with blood, eye of newt, and other scary necro goodness.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You fukken idiot, let me see a warrior crit for 150 with a fukken obsidian shard of avalon
First I'm not flaming you so don't freak out. I played a tank a long time on live and did tank a few raids , so I may have an idea or two that helps out.
Your job is not dps ina group. Your job is to hold agro and take a beating. Most other classes will out dps you. Inorder to hold agro you want a weapon that hit fast and procs. You see it's not how much damege you do , it's how often you hurt it. Slam, kick , bash what ever but unless skilling up save taunt for when it counts.I've never lost agro to a 300 point nuke or any nuke as long as the castert wasn't chain casting.
Now about the axe. If I remember correctly it's a heavy hitter but kind of slow. save it for when you're not mt you'll give them time to keep agro and you'll see the high crits you want.
Closed Thread