Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 05:06 PM
Large Rat

Default Setup help.

Hey folks. Sorry to have to start out by asking for help. I promise I've used search to try to find help already. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

So far:

1. Downloaded Titanium
2. Downloaded P99 package v42 (I think)
3. Installed Titanium
4. Installed p99 package

I ran the EQ shortcut without changing the name...and it didn't connect to anything.
Then I tried renaming it EQgame and it just gave an error message saying "Please Run Everquest.exe"

What did I do wrong? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Kobold

See if this helps. I had a friend reinstall lately and had the same issues. This is from an older installation guide: (I've removed parts from it that you said you've already done)

1) After install of EQ: (For consistency, I'm going to assume you installed EQ to C:\Everquest so that the eqgame.exe path is C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe.)

2) Right-click on the eqgame.exe icon within your everquest folder, select Create Shortcut.

3)Right-click on the Shortcut to eqgame.exe you created in step (2). Select Properties.

4) In the Properties menu that appears, edit the target line to say "C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme. The quotes are only needed around the destination string if it contains spaces. Select Apply and then OK to close the properties box.

5) Open the C:\Everquest\eqhost.txt file in the text editor of your choice.

6) Delete whatever is in the eqhost.txt file and replace it with the following two lines:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

7) Save and close the eqhost.txt file.

11) Start EQ via the shortcut for the eqgame.exe process you created in step four (4).

12) Log into the server with the account you created at EQEmulator.org.

13) Select Project1999: The Ruins of Kunark from the server list.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Large Rat

Thanks. I'm in. Much appreciated.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSign [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey folks. Sorry to have to start out by asking for help. I promise I've used search to try to find help already. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

So far:

1. Downloaded Titanium
3. Installed Titanium
4. Installed p99 package

I ran the EQ shortcut without changing the name...and it didn't connect to anything.
Then I tried renaming it EQgame and it just gave an error message saying "Please Run Everquest.exe"

You have to 100% uninstall your game now. Uninstall it, reinstall it, do everything you did from the quoted text. Now, open your EQ folder and you will find a file called "LaunchTitanium" - run that and tell me if your game works. EDIT: if you read the install instructions it tells you to never run the executable files, this causes the game to look for live servers and fubars P99 install
Old 08-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSign [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So far:

1. Downloaded Titanium
3. Installed Titanium
4. Installed p99 package

Theres a LaunchTitanium.exe in your eq directory somewhere that you need to use in stead of the everquest.exe shortcut.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Large Rat

Thanks guys. I've got it running like a charm.

I was contractually obligated to say that as I'm playing an Enchanter first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread