Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going back on topic, eye of zomm isn't causing agro to KoS mobs.lol

Eye of Zomm always always KoS to Kos mobs. It changed after luclin if I recall.
You are correct, it was not always aggro on all mobs. It was on some, like guards that would aggro on any mob kos that goes by. Patch put together to make the rest of the mobs hate eye's too.

Thanks,

H
Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Developer

Despite being classic, this mechanic doesn't make sense. It's very clear that Rais wants this for his monk but it ruins eyes for the people who actually get to cast it.

Eyes now become only useful for tapping and for melee pulling. Melee pulling.. in Velious??

Zomm was most likely provided as a way to scout. Not as a pulling tool. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Ropethunder; 03-29-2011 at 12:14 AM..
Old 03-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Haynar-Src-Eye of Zomm's will now aggro mobs, based on the caster's faction.
This is suppose to have the Eye of Zomm agro a KoS npc agro the eye , and then to myself, is this correct? Not just guards and such, but say stuff in lguk or even skyfire?

If so, Eye of Zomm isn't agroing npcs who are Kos to me.

This is how Eye of Zomm was made to be. It even was in the spell description when EQ came out. It was a casters way of scouting, but was only changed later due to Necro Life tapping, and pulling Phini to zone in. Then it was made non kos.

As for monks pulling with eye of zomm, yes I do want it. But camping Stone Spider in Solb for a lore item with 5 charges isn't going to break the mechanics of the game.

It's one hell of a tool for a wizard to use in groups.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Developer

Quote:
This is how Eye of Zomm was made to be.
How could Zomm, a spell designed to benefit casters, be "made to be" purely a monk/FD pulling tool which isn't even viable until Velious?

Changing Zomm to benefit only monks/FD classes is backwards. Please don't break my precious Zomm. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If it becomes KOS how can it possibly be of use to mages or wizards?
Last edited by Ropethunder; 03-29-2011 at 01:33 AM..
Old 03-29-2011, 01:33 AM
Kobold

Intended? I don't know what the original devs who made the spell intended, though I suspect they intended it to be useful for scouting. I DO, however, know how eye of zomm worked in classic, for my wizard. It had the same faction I did, and if mobs were KoS to me they would agro my eye and then me after killing it. It wasn't very useful for scouting in classic.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Fire Giant

It took the casters faction in consideration. If it came across a agro npc, that was one of the risks. Yes, it was how eye of zomm was intended. It was a tool to be used by casters, with risk.

Yes it was intended this way. The only reason they changed it was Uber Encounters that could be trivialized by using the eye of zomm during Velious.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How could Zomm, a spell designed to benefit casters, be "made to be" purely a monk/FD pulling tool which isn't even viable until Velious?

Changing Zomm to benefit only monks/FD classes is backwards. Please don't break my precious Zomm. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If it becomes KOS how can it possibly be of use to mages or wizards?
It's not to purely benefit melee. I used the eye on my mage on many occasions.

This is the reason they made Eye of Tallon eye cast invis on itself. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1720 So, if you were in a kos area where the npcs didn't see through invis, it wouldn't die.

As a mage or wizard, you guys get a spell for free that later people will pay 100k+ for Holgresh Elder Beads just to have the same.

As a mage, you can use it to pull. If you get a single, great, send your earth pet with a target. If you're a wizard, you can pull multiple npcs with it for AE without ever having to move. Some of these strategies are discussed on caster pages.

Most importantly, it wasn't changed until 2002. :x

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums//...ead.php?t=6049
Old 03-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

This is why the bind sight line of spells were always better as a pure scouting tool on live then Eye.

But yeah, there are all sorts of neat eye tricks that you can try now, that you couldn't do before.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Back to the original point, KoS NPCs are not attacking the eye, at least they weren't yesterday. I tried to pull seafuries with it and no luck. They completely ignored the eye. Figured it'd be easier using eye to pull so that I could med while looking for a fury.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Developer

I would argue that allowing FD classes to pull safely from a distance is extremely imbalanced and is the reason the beads were removed and the eyes made non-aggro.

This is why Rais wants it.. as he said, to safely pull the Stone Spider in Solb, it trivializes pulling Phini, and I'm sure there are even more pulls that can now be done completely risk free.

Zomm-pull DT mobs?
Last edited by Ropethunder; 03-29-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Closed Thread