Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-29-2022, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay then, so do what Troxx asked of you. Parse yourself for an hour as shaman to see how much DPS you can do. Then ask a mage to give a parse in the same scenario. Someone even offered to provide you their classes to test your theory.

You won't test that theory, though, because we all know you're a duplicitous child unable to admit you're wrong.

This isn't a conspiracy against you -- you're just a fool.
I do not need to. The data I have provided would be the same in a group. It is exactly the same as the "napkin" math I provided earlier, because it really isn't difficult to math out average DPS in a video game.

It is up to Troxx (or someone else) to provide evidence that the DPS would change in a group setting. That is the current claim to try and invalidate my data, with no proof whatsoever.

It is also up to Troxx to provide evidence that he actually admits is accurate. Currently he claims all of his data is off due to parser error.

I have provided solid evidence that cannot be faked. The ball is in the court of the opposing side to prove my evidence is not accurate in a group setting, and/or Mage DPS is actually higher that what Troxx has provided.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2022 at 10:41 AM..
Old 08-29-2022, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not need to. The data I have provided would be the same in a group.

It is up to Troxx (or someone else) to provide evidence that the DPS would change in a group setting. That is the current claim to try and invalidate my data, with no proof whatsoever.

It is also up to Troxx to provide evidence that he actually admits is accurate. Currently he claims all of his data is off due to parser error.
1: The parser isn't broken. Everyone knows when you combine fights your overall DPS numbers get skewed. Enough of this nonsense. There isn't a bug in the parser it's working just fine.

2: Your data is extremely flawed. Soloing a mob then pretending you'd do the same numbers in a fast killing chain pulling group is fucking absurd and that's why everyone is dismissing your "data". If you want to test something in a specific scenario you can't test a different scenario and claim it's the same thing. I know you aren't the sharpest crayon in the box but I think even you can understand that's not how you test things if you want real results.

3: I didn't even say autism in this one

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 08-29-2022, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

By all means, keep telling yourself that. Neither you, nor I, nor anyone is believing this now.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1: The parser isn't broken. Everyone knows when you combine fights your overall DPS numbers get skewed. Enough of this nonsense. There isn't a bug in the parser it's working just fine.

2: Your data is extremely flawed. Soloing a mob then pretending you'd do the same numbers in a fast killing chain pulling group is fucking absurd and that's why everyone is dismissing your "data". If you want to test something in a specific scenario you can't test a different scenario and claim it's the same thing. I know you aren't the sharpest crayon in the box but I think even you can understand that's not how you test things if you want real results.
"Everybody knows" isn't an argument, it is a fallacy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum . If you claim there isn't a bug in the parser, then the numbers are accurate lol, no skewing involved. By your own admission, Mage average DPS is 80, and it matches the average DPS you get when you simply math it out.

Please prove my data is "extremely flawed". Being in a group doesn't change a Mobs stats. A Mage could even do the same test that I provided if they want. We have no way to know how Troxx even got his parse data, due to it just being a screenshot.

The ball is still in your court lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By all means, keep telling yourself that. Neither you, nor I, nor anyone is believing this now.
Your beliefs are irrelevant to the truth. The truth is you have no evidence to counter mine, or back up your propositions.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2022 at 10:48 AM..
Old 08-29-2022, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Says the man completely skewing a scenario in his favour, then arrogantly bathing in it to blot out everything else that contradicts the veracity of that scenario.

Forget autism. This is solipsism.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Says the man completely skewing a scenario in his favour, then arrogantly bathing in it to blot out everything else that contradicts the veracity of that scenario.

Forget autism. This is solipsism.
It is neither, and you haven't provided anything to back up your trolling.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Remember when I said "solipsism"?

Case in point. Of course a troll calls others trolls when they're onto him.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Remember when I said "solipsism"?

Case in point. Of course a troll calls others trolls when they're onto him.
The troll is the person who says "I am right and you are wrong, and I don't need to provide evidence".

That is you, and your post history proves it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] 0 posts showing any data to counter mine. But keep telling yourself that calling other people autistic or a solipsist is "evidence"[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't even say autism in this one
Making progress! You still average saying "autistic" or "autism" for 1 of every 3 posts for the last 100. Please keep working at it, and start providing evidence for your claims too. I fully believe in your ability to recover. That isn't sarcasm. Everybody can change if they want to.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2022 at 11:00 AM..
Old 08-29-2022, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

But that's what you're doing....?

Come on, guys! He's barely disguising it now!
Old 08-29-2022, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Everybody knows" isn't an argument, it is a fallacy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum . If you claim there isn't a bug in the parser, then the numbers are accurate lol, no skewing involved. By your own admission, Mage average DPS is 80.

Please prove my data is "extremely flawed". Being in a group doesn't change a Mobs stats. A Mage could even do the same test that I provided if they want. We have no way to know how Troxx even got his parse data, due to it just being a screenshot.

The ball is still in your court lol.

Your beliefs are irrelevant to the truth, which is you have no evidence to counter mine, or back up your propositions.
A group with 2 or more charm pets the mobs are dying in like less than 30 seconds. Obviously 5% more slow is a HUGE DEAL so you're obviously slowing every mob right? Once mob comes in and you cast malo + slow and get your first dot applied (assuming no resists) you're gonna get like 2 ticks before it dies. Best case scenario you get 2 dots up and get like 2 ticks each. This is EXTREMELY inefficient from a DPM perspective. No amount of canni/torpor makes this efficient or sustainable in a fast moving chain pulling group. Contrary to what you seem to believe you can't cast canni and torpor WHILE casting dots and malo/slow. You can only cast 1 spell at a time in the game of EverQuest and they tend to have long-ish cast times and multiple charms make mobs die very quickly.

Mage pet does its full DPS from the literal second the mob comes into camp and all their DPS is frontload-able via nukes which are OBVIOUSLY superior to dots when fighting stuff that dies quickly. Would you rather spend 7 seconds and 320 mana to do 1024 damage from a mage nuke on a mob thats gonna die in 30 sec or spend 5 seconds and 430 mana to apply a dot that will do 111 a tick and if you're lucky will tick 3 times? The only way your stupid ass theory works is if the shaman is root rotting adds off to the side which fucking nobody ever does or wants to do besides you.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?