Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-29-2022, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogz_SS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine thinking Shaman is a better damage dealing class than magician.
You’d be shocked and appalled what some people think. The shaman would have to work fairly hard to keep up with the mage pet over time by itself fight after fight after fight.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-29-2022, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogz_SS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine thinking Shaman is a better damage dealing class than magician.
Imagine looking at DPS data on a video game, then flying into a rage and posting insults/memes for 200+ posts[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That isn't directed at you specifically, but others such as Troxx.

As I have always said, from levels 1-59 Mage will deal more damage than a Shaman consistently due to the Shaman not having Torpor.

Current data shows a level 60 Mage's average DPS is around 80.

A Torpor Shaman can output 55 DPS during chain pulls, and 84 DPS anytime they can root/rot 2 mobs with Epic DoT and Bane. They could do this with summoning mobs too, you just have the pet and yourself tank the mobs with slow.

So yes, Shaman can indeed keep up with mage DPS depending on the situation, and Mage DPS is about 28 DPS higher than a Shaman in situations without root/rot. At level 60, 28 DPS is basically never worth it. If you are chain pulling mobs in Sebilis at 60 for XP, the Shaman can root/rot, so you aren't losing any DPS there. If you are killing Ixiblat Fer for a chance at Cloak of Flames, the 30 second faster kill speed doesn't matter. You want the better Slow/Malo from the Shaman to guarantee you win the fight.

EDIT: At 55+ a Shaman can do 45 DPS with JBB and Spirit of the Howler hehe, no mana spent, no Torpor needed. This level 56 Mage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhm9K-ePJAk is doing around 50 DPS with damage shield. So actually even before Torpor a Shaman can give Mages a run for their money.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2022 at 10:03 AM..
Old 08-29-2022, 09:48 AM
Banned

g-g-g-g-guys just get your shm to 60 and torpor
(lol)
Old 08-29-2022, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
g-g-g-g-guys just get your shm to 60 and torpor
(lol)
g-g-g-g-guys just get your Mage their Epic so your pet can deal more DPS (lol). Torpor is not difficult to get for anyone who has the time/dedication to get any character to 60. You can get a large portion of the platinum for it if you just kill guards while xping from levels 25-55 hehe. GL farming 800k or more for the Mage Epic.

OP never specified the level range, so you need to include level 60 farming with the group. If all you want to do is play a static group to level 50 and stop, then class combination doesn't matter. Just having 4 players will make that experience fly by. You simply need to decide whether you want a Mage to help you level a bit faster in the low levels, at the cost of them being unnecessary in the end hehe.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2022 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-29-2022, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Toyota is faster than ur Bugatti. Let me post about it 300+ times and post irrelevant data to prove my point and demand other people post data that they have no way to obtain to prove something that's completely obvious to literally everyone

(Autism lol)

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 08-29-2022, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

PlsNoBan is still averaging the word "autism" or "autistic" in 1 of every 3 posts for the last 100 as a derogatory remark. He is also averaging 0 posts per 233 (his current post count) for actual data to back up any of his claims[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2022, 10:22 AM
Fire Giant

Whatever your affliction is, DSM: you are worthy of no respect.

The only reason people are posting here anymore is because they know you'll have the nerve to claim a "victory" in your mind when people eventually get exhausted with your pathetic self.

I mean, I don't really agree with teaming up on someone for holding a dissenting view, but when you're this obstinate and arrogant in your views, and people are even asking you to provide objective data and you refuse, then you really deserve no sympathy whatsoever.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever your affliction is, DSM: you are worthy of no respect.

The only reason people are posting here anymore is because they know you'll have the nerve to claim a "victory" in your mind when people eventually get exhausted with your pathetic self.

I mean, I don't really agree with teaming up on someone for holding a dissenting view, but when you're this obstinate and arrogant in your views, and people are even asking you to provide objective data and you refuse, then you really deserve no sympathy whatsoever.
Why am I the arrogant one? I posted plenty of objective evidence to support my claims. It just keeps getting lost in the trolling, which is what the trolls want hehe. I would happily accept I am wrong if people can provide counter-evidence. I have done so in the past.

The only arrogance here are the people claiming "I am right and you are wrong because I don't like your objective evidence". That is an astounding level of arrogance. You assume you know better than everyone else, even when actual data proves you wrong[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Somehow your "experience" is just better, so there is need to provide any evidence other than insults and memes.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2022 at 10:29 AM..
Old 08-29-2022, 10:31 AM
Banned

ok so not shaman, got it
(LOL)
Old 08-29-2022, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why am I the arrogant one? I post plenty of evidence to support my claims. The only arrogance here are the people claiming "I am right and you are wrong because I don't like your data". That is an astounding level of arrogance. You assume you know better than everyone else, even when actual data proves you wrong[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay then, so do what Troxx asked of you. Parse yourself for an hour as shaman to see how much DPS you can do. Then ask a mage to give a parse in the same scenario. Someone even offered to provide you their classes to test your theory.

You won't test that theory, though, because we all know you're a duplicitous child unable to admit you're wrong.

This isn't a conspiracy against you -- you're just a fool.