Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To clarify further:

What biblicists who get so excited over archaeological discoveries like these apparently can't understand is that extrabiblical confirmation of some of the Bible does not constitute confirmation of all if the Bible. For example, the fact that archaeological evidence confirms that Jehu was an actual historical character confirms only that he was an actual historical character. It does not confirm the historical accuracy of everything that the Bible attributed to him. Did a "son of the prophets" go to Ramoth-gilead and anoint Jehu king of Israel while the reigning king was home in Jezreel recovering from battle wounds (2 Kings 9:1-10)? Did Jehu then ride to Jezreel in a chariot and massacre the Israelite royal family and usurp the throne (2 Kings 9:16 ff)? We simply cannot determine this from an Assyrian inscription that claimed Jehu paid tribute to Shalmaneser, so in the absence of disinterested, nonbiblical records that attest to these events, it is hardly accurate to say that archaeology has proven the historicity of what the Bible recorded about Jehu.
http://www.theskepticalreview.com/tsrmag/982front.html

At least give the guy credit for HIS argument, I am glad you didn't use Wiki this time...lol.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggwin Bramblefoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off...nice quote off of Wiki. You guys and you open source Wiki knowledge...lol. Secondly I am not sure how I can get you guys to grasp the basics of the English language. I said and I quote, "(You do realize that thousands of History scholars even agree that many of the events in the bible are historically accurate and coincide with accepted historical teachings.)" I did not allude to events that you guys find questionable, but rather events in general like the ones I listed earlier.
You said many, then listed 5, all of them with questionable relevance.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Hitler existed thus all stories regarding SPACE HITLER must be true !!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 02-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then who fucking cares? Congratulations, you have shown the Bible is loosely based on reality. Except for the magic part.
Its like that "Million tiny pieces" guy...except the Roman's didn't have Oprah's fact checker so they just decided to nail the guy to a board to be certain![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Kassel I am interested in this Space Hitler and what he can do to improve my daily life. I would very much like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

boo my funny picture of hitler fighting aliens =(

Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 02-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Ok. I am done with this thread. I have spent far too much time trying to enlighten you lost souls, to no avail. I am sure you feel the same way in trying to get me to renounce my beliefs so that I can be more like you. In the end, I will keep up my faith and pray that one day you too will come to the one true conclusion in all of this. Unfortunately for you guys, it will probably happen after it is too late to make a difference. Good luck with your whole empty life thing. I hope it works out for you…haha.

And to those who actually participated in this thread with some sort of debate and rationalization...thank you. To those who did not, and could only come up with insults I will pray for you most of all; since you are not even smart enough to know why you don't believe...haha. Peace.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

If you dont pray to space hilter you will go to space hell for sure.

Does the sun rise? does the sun set? does the tide go in ? does the tide go out?

This is my PROOF that space hitler is the one true GOD

Old 02-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Space Hitler is really sexy.
Closed Thread