Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-26-2022, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Every second that passes where DSM isn't the most recent post in the thread you can almost hear his mental anguish over the internet

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 08-26-2022, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

I actually took the time to examine DSM's videos (because it is charitable to entertain the whims of the less fortunate every now and then).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-g8Ywibztg

In this video we see his pet solo killing a seb golem (7500 hp) in approximately 7 minutes. That's 7500hp/420 sec = 17.9 DPS from the pet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XwiGKTuu2E

In this video we see DSM spamming a combination of Ice Strike, Canni and Torpor to kill the seb golem in approximately 3m38s. This is 7500hp/218 sec = 34.4 DPS. Note that this is roughly comparable to the DPS a Shaman can put out simply by spamming the JBB (32.9 DPS).

We combine the pet DPS + his nuke DPS to get a total sustined DPS of 52.3 (50.7 using JBB). It's very respectable for a priest, certainly better than what a Cleric or a non-charming Druid could do. But literally no one has ever argued otherwise. But it still falls far short of what a Mage is going to put out, not to mention the fact that DSM is already down to 40% mana after killing a single mob. What's going to happen to his mana bar when he's in a group chain pulling for two hours? He's not going to be able to keep up, and will be reduced to doing exactly what I said would be his best DPS option: clicking /pet attack and spamming his JBB. In other words, performing as a half-rate Mage doing about 50 sustained DPS.

If anyone wants to perform the Lord's work and make a video to shut DSM up: find a 55+ Paladin and a 60 Mage with focused water staff and Boots of Bladecalling. The Paladin equips a non-damage primary (no ripostes). The Mage casts DS on the Paladin and buffs pet. The Paladin pulls the seb golem and holds agro by spamming only blind and stun over and over (zero damage). The Mage attacks with backstabbing water pet and clickie nukes until the seb golem is dead (simulating his group DPS). The mob will be dead shockingly quickly and we'll all have a good laugh as DSM tries to find fault with the math.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Taking bets on who the 2 votes for me are? I'd say there's like a 99.99% chance it's DSM and DSM's phone.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually took the time to examine DSM's videos (because it is charitable to entertain the whims of the less fortunate every now and then).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-g8Ywibztg

In this video we see his pet solo killing a seb golem (7500 hp) in approximately 7 minutes. That's 7500hp/420 sec = 17.9 DPS from the pet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XwiGKTuu2E

In this video we see DSM spamming a combination of Ice Strike, Canni and Torpor to kill the seb golem in approximately 3m38s. This is 7500hp/218 sec = 34.4 DPS. Note that this is roughly comparable to the DPS a Shaman can put out simply by spamming the JBB (32.9 DPS).

We combine the pet DPS + his nuke DPS to get a total sustined DPS of 52.3 (50.7 using JBB). It's very respectable for a priest, certainly better than what a Cleric or a non-charming Druid could do. But literally no one has ever argued otherwise. But it still falls far short of what a Mage is going to put out, not to mention the fact that DSM is already down to 40% mana after killing a single mob. What's going to happen to his mana bar when he's in a group chain pulling for two hours? He's not going to be able to keep up, and will be reduced to doing exactly what I said would be his best DPS option: clicking /pet attack and spamming his JBB. In other words, performing as a half-rate Mage doing about 50 sustained DPS.

If anyone wants to perform the Lord's work and make a video to shut DSM up: find a 55+ Paladin and a 60 Mage with focused water staff and Boots of Bladecalling. The Paladin equips a non-damage primary (no ripostes). The Mage casts DS on the Paladin and buffs pet. The Paladin pulls the seb golem and holds agro by spamming only blind and stun over and over (zero damage). The Mage attacks with backstabbing water pet and clickie nukes until the seb golem is dead (simulating his group DPS). The mob will be dead shockingly quickly and we'll all have a good laugh as DSM tries to find fault with the math.
Thanks for responding instead of just trolling, backhanded comments aside.

The DPS is 35 for the nukes, because it is two casts every 36 seconds. You wouldn't count the entire video length in this specific scenario. You are correct a JBB could indeed output a similar DPS if you wanted to not spend mana. The request was for testing without clickies, so that is what we had to work with.

Mana-wise the Mage is far worse off, they will not be nuking at all after a few more mobs. Once the Mage has drained their mana pool, they can only nuke every 84 seconds because they can only regenerate 200 mana per minute. The test was not using C2. The Shaman can easily keep their mana up due to breaks in mobs, mobs that die a bit slower, etc. Remember I am testing under the assumption that the group is fighting a mob every 36 seconds without break, which is honestly unrealistic.

Also remember this is making the assumption your group is fighting mobs that die in only 36 seconds. A Shaman's DPS increases when a Mob takes longer to die, while a Mage is still bound by their mana.

I would love to see any new evidence! Currently a Mage is only 27ish DPS ahead of a Shaman, which isn't much if your group is killing a mob with 8000 HP every 36 seconds. That means your group has 222 DPS, and an increase of 30 DPS is only reducing kill time by 6 seconds. A Shaman's broader toolkit can help the group out in other ways, which means you are saving time elsewhere, instead of during the kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Taking bets on who the 2 votes for me are? I'd say there's like a 99.99% chance it's DSM and DSM's phone.
Oh I didn't even know you actually made a poll. Lol looks like someone got angry and voted 14 times with a VPN[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks to the two votes, whoever you are.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-26-2022 at 06:58 PM..
Old 08-26-2022, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I didn't even know you actually made a poll
I'll put odds of this statement being true at 0.0000001%

Old 08-26-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll put odds of this statement being true at 0.0000001%
It is much more likely all of those votes are yourself with a VPN and all the people who are already trolling. You have no proof this data is legit lol. You don't need a poll to know how many people are trolling in this thread, they just keep posting to remind us.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is much more likely all of those votes are yourself with a VPN and all the people who are already trolling. You have no proof this data is legit lol.
Oh what a surprise. Someone provides data against you and you claim it's illegitimate. Never seen that before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I legit called it in my head lol. I knew I'd make a poll and it would go against you by a landslide and you'd claim I cheated lol. What a joke.

Old 08-26-2022, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh what a surprise. Someone provides data against you and you claim it's illegitimate. Never seen that before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. My data on Shaman DPS is video proof with logs that can be cross referenced to the video. Pretty hard to fake.

Troxx's data is a screenshotted parse from a program he claims isn't working.

Your data is from a polling site that can be voted on multiple times with a VPN.

The data sets don't even compare[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But go on thinking your extremely weak data has any merit.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yes. My data on Shaman DPS is video proof with logs that can be cross referenced to the video. Pretty hard to fake.

Troxx's data is a screenshotted parse from a program he claims isn't working.

Your data is from a polling site that can be voted on multiple times with a VPN.

The data sets don't even compare[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But go on thinking your extremely weak data has any merit.
Brad McQuaid could resurrect from the dead and conduct the experiment himself with video proof logs and a code dump of all relevant mechanics and you'd find some retarded excuse for why it's not valid cause it disagrees with your point of view. You are legitimately fucked in the head my guy.

Old 08-26-2022, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Brad McQuaid could resurrect from the dead and conduct the experiment himself with video proof logs and a code dump of all relevant mechanics and you'd find some retarded excuse for why it's not valid cause it disagrees with your point of view. You are legitimately fucked in the head my guy.
Sorry you don't know how data legitimacy works. I can just see you now frantically finding all the VPN's you can to vote[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]