Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
VIP / Contributor

All I did was give you what _I_ could do based off of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
After the first 24 hours of Veeshan's Peak, the zone will become a Non-Disputable Zone. CSR will not be responding or taking any action on disputes that involve the zone. You are on your own.
Spamming a bug report thread about who is right,wrong,exploiting it isn't the way to get anything done. I didn't even see this thread till I had 10 private messages telling me about it. This is why I mentioned Rogean or Amelinda are the ones to make the decision, and I couldn't do anything.

There has been precedent in the past about things that shouldn't be happening in game, but people were allowed to do, and some they weren't allowed to do till a patch happened. So I can't go around making ground breaking rulings.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

More examples of how it is supposed to work:

Enchanter uses pet to damage a mob near death, then memblurs it to kill it for full exp. But the bug here was the health jumped 25-35%. Good discussion on memblur and regen, nothing like what is happening on P99.
here.

Examples of memblur and speedy regen, but not instant full health
here

and here

and here

and here

and here

and here

and here

here, used on boss mobs

and here

and here, used to grief raids, but not like on P99
Last edited by Raavak; 03-01-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

All those links you posted are from '03 at the earliest and as late as '07, well beyond the scope of this server. Come back with '99-'00 maybe '01 and then you may have found something.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing in the mechanics ever changed on those spells.

Memory Blur and here
Memory Flux and here
Atone and here
Last edited by Raavak; 03-01-2012 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: more
Old 03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

I really wouldn't worry much about this guys... I think it should be addressed mainly because

1. It's not classic - mobs never regenerated to 100% HP instantly from a blur, and therefore, if we wanted to stick to the server's ideals it would be patched out. Rogean has said as much in the past, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

2. It is incredibly overpowered as a grief strategy in VP. It effectively CH's dragons, which makes them impossible to kill since it can be done multiple times.
Last edited by Fountree; 03-01-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I did was give you what _I_ could do based off of:

Spamming a bug report thread about who is right,wrong,exploiting it isn't the way to get anything done. I didn't even see this thread till I had 10 private messages telling me about it. This is why I mentioned Rogean or Amelinda are the ones to make the decision, and I couldn't do anything.

There has been precedent in the past about things that shouldn't be happening in game, but people were allowed to do, and some they weren't allowed to do till a patch happened. So I can't go around making ground breaking rulings.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...0server%20rule

You're telling us that ninja looting is breaking an individual server rule but repeatedly exploiting a dev acknowledged broken mechanic is not? That's rich.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There has been precedent in the past about things that shouldn't be happening in game, but people were allowed to do, and some they weren't allowed to do ...
/\ This about sums up my feeling on Project 19999

So what happens if I ninjaloot an item in VP ?? that is not a raid dispute
So when 1 member of IB zones in and uses a known exploit so another guild can train us... How is this a raid dispute? IB NOR VD are raiding in that zone or even have a raod for FOR that zone... 4-6 people not cutting it in VP.

So it would seem this is an individual using a known Xploit and there for deems CSR intervention... the same as if I was was to ninjaloot a item
Last edited by Maze513; 03-01-2012 at 02:53 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Kobold

mem blur works fine, gods and dragons have insane non engaged regen like 32k per tick which kicks when hate list is clear. normal mobs are not in the class of dragons/gods so they regen quite a bit less.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

You guys keep quoting this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to be coding in a mem blur immunity flag, and nilbog or I will go through all the raid mobs, including some epic mobs, to flag them for both mem blur immunity and charm immunity.
as evidence that this mechanic is an exploit, but you aren't quoting what it's in reply to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanoraBryght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's the ones there have been issues with so far. Some of those issues were issues before 1/2, but unresolved petitions regarding raid rules, memblur and FTE make it highly likely they will see the same issues in the near future - and that someone's epic will be affected by it.
Which was an extension of the original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanoraBryght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it against server rules to charm / mez / memblur epic mobs, and loot epic mobs that you didn't kill / did not have permission to loot?
I am in no way Rogean, but I interpret that as in this specific thread, he is saying that because blurring mobs resets encounter logs (and thus enabling another guild to steal a mob they did not have FTE on/spawn themselves if people present are not running logs/fraps to dispute it, which is the topic of discussion in that thread), he will be patching in a fix (not classic) to flag certain raid/epic mobs as mem blur immune. It seems like his post is far more about preventing griefing/raid interference than preventing the mem blur = complete heal mechanic mentioned in this thread.

In no way does that quote by Rogean read like it means mobs should not be complete healing upon being mem blurred, and I haven't seen any other quotes of GM's making a ruling that this mechanic is an exploit, so until we see a ruling it would seem like mem blurring in VP (a zone where raid interference is allowed) to cause mobs to CH themselves is fair and open game.

Anyway, this is a bug report thread, so it should include evidence posts from the relevant time-frame of the server and such that this mechanic is not working appropriately. I'll let you guys get back to it.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mem blur works fine, gods and dragons have insane non engaged regen like 32k per tick which kicks when hate list is clear. normal mobs are not in the class of dragons/gods so they regen quite a bit less.
This doesn't occur on a tick. It happens the instant mem blur lands. The dragons are constantly engaged from the instant before memblur hits and the instant after it hits. If this was an issue of 32k/tick regen on an unaggroed mob it shouldn't be happening as the mob is reengaged before the server ticks.
Closed Thread