Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: First class on fresh green?
Bard 34 8.31%
Cleric 26 6.36%
Druid 39 9.54%
Enchanter 53 12.96%
Magician 28 6.85%
Monk 17 4.16%
Necromancer 47 11.49%
Paladin 18 4.40%
Ranger 12 2.93%
Rogue 11 2.69%
Shadow knight 15 3.67%
Shaman 45 11.00%
Warrior 15 3.67%
Wizard 25 6.11%
Won't play on a new server 24 5.87%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2023, 01:10 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stuff
Thanks for saying all of this and saving me the time. Spot on.
Old 02-21-2023, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is quading spots in classic. They tend to be busy but can take you to 50.
Paw spires gnolls 35-38 or so.
Oot specs are very quadable and can take you to 50
Dwarves in BB same deal. Just a little busier.
Wizards don’t have many spots to quad and they’re all competed for. Sometimes even a dumb necro will claim 1 of 4 spawns because ???. The snare isn’t in the game until mich later, neither is flux staff and you will need jboots for anything with normal or better runspeed.

i’ve
Old 02-21-2023, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

tl to bind is the best spell in the game
Old 02-21-2023, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

There are like four quadding spots available in all of classic, and unless you log on at 5AM, the odds of staking a claim to any of them are pretty close to 0%. You basically go there, ask the guy how long he intends to stay, and then hope he actually remembers to send you a tell when he's about to leave three hours later.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably a Mage.

Summon a bunch of 100% WR bags and camp Permafrost for ALL the metal bricks in the world. I'll do that until they patch it. Then farm Jboots for all my characters in Najena.

Camp moonstones or whatever they call em. Camp pre-Nerf CoS when Kunark lands.

Something like that. It'll be like going back in time and investing in Google or something.
This is why they need to implement next servers differently. Playing through eq expacs like this sucks
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could probably get a mouse that has the side hot buttons I dunno if p99 lets you map those or not though
It does, I use one. You just set them up to serve as an actual key on the keyboard. So mouse key 6 is set as F10 or whatever. I only use mine as strafe keys, bag opening etc though in EQ. I can’t imagine it being easier to twist with one versus just using the keyboard.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2023, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why they need to implement next servers differently. Playing through eq expacs like this sucks
i agree that it would be nice if a new server had loot/quest npcs all mixed up so that we don't know what drops where anymore

altho loramin's brain might burn to dust if he has to make another wiki for a p99 server
Old 02-22-2023, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of this stuff would be a good extension for blue server if they wanna bolt on custom content.
Old 02-22-2023, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are like four quadding spots available in all of classic, and unless you log on at 5AM, the odds of staking a claim to any of them are pretty close to 0%. You basically go there, ask the guy how long he intends to stay, and then hope he actually remembers to send you a tell when he's about to leave three hours later.
You dont have to wait 3 hours to /tell soandso again asking about the camp or try chatting about whatever/saying something funny or interesting/asking good questions etc. Im sure many mmo friendships or acquaintances have started in such trivial ways if you are friendly and put out good vibes my friend. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS Notepad on 2nd monitor or /note window to write the camper's name are your friend 8)