Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-07-2022, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think Russia is really interested in wasting all their money for nothing and having the entire globe against them. There is no way NK or China sign up to actually take losses due to Russia's pointless invasion of Ukraine.

If the rest of the world stands united against Russia they're gunna come out way behind. Hopefully Putin values overall prosperity of russia more than his own reputation. LOL a politician doing the right thing..we'll see.
I was just telling my co-worker Putin is about as likely to give up after killing 5000+ Russians and wasting billions of dollars, and have one of his last campaigns end in utter failure….

…as Walter White from breaking bad was to give up his drug empire. It’s an ego thing
Old 03-07-2022, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

I don’t know man at this point I just think he’s like I need some thing that I can message as a win.

I mean his only other option is to literally kill so many Ukrainians they finally gave up and that’s going to be really hard to sell the messaging on.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:35 PM
Banned

He's going to try and pummel Ukraine into the ground so if he has to pull out everyone pays and we are doing damage control. Foreign aid hell. He'll probably still threaten nukes and bombings if Ukraine goes ahead with joining NATO or the EU backs them fully with military support.

Better to have a smoldering radioactive crater join the EU or NATO. If I don't get what I want then no one gets anything!

I doubt world War would ensue. Or global holocaust. It would really sink Russias image, forever... which isn't really his goal.. and hurt his people badly. We probably wouldn't retaliate if he nuked Kyiv or something.

Right now he's hoping he gets the seaboard. Donbass + Crimea. And Ukraine can't take either back.

We.. the west .. EU are supporting Ukraine very lowkey unofficially, definitely not on paper so much, they are Ukrainian Foreign Legionnarres!.. not sure it will be enough for a complete defeat of Russia and a reversal of border territories... things can still escalate some.

As it is Ukraine has been set back 20 years without help rebuilding and it's people will be dealing with war trauma no matter how stalwart and successful they are. That shit takes 10-15 years to really take hold. And if they get to rebuild... they'll be stuck building bunkers and a highly militarized society with the spectre of this invasion hanging overthem... not exactly a tourism or service... or even really a economy focused society where they get to have nice houses and museums and schools and global trade... I think Putin is going for a bit of that aswell.

Putin could cause more damage leaving survivors. He's definitely going for a bit of a genocide though. Especially males and people who used to live on the border.

It's like that disruptive little shit in class. He's doing that with lives. Because he's KGB and the west is bad and he's really upset and can't look forward anyway.

And yes. We. America did some horrible shit over the last 75 years. It's no justification though...he's fighting that in his own head. Totally trapped. The guy is like 69.

He was hoping the west would let him make this their version of Iraq, Kuwait. It's already gone beyond that and it's just not happening. Again... conspiracy alert... his forces could have been hijacked via old ham radio they where so poorly equipped and trained the timeline of escalation and everything is way off what was intended by the Kremlin...probably... literally the first wave was such an insane disaster it's hard to believe anyone with any experience could have ordered that mess on purpose...

This war makes zero rational sense once ya have alllll of the facts..He's all in now... though. Plus we have a boogeyman that isn't Trump. Shits weird scros!

Pray for him to find forgiveness in his lifetime. It's the only way he could change. /\
Last edited by starkind; 03-07-2022 at 04:57 PM..
Old 03-07-2022, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

https://dumskaya.net/news/podvig-ukr...ossiys-160920/

If this is real then its nuts, imagine the 2nd most poweful world threat losing a destroyer, in a LAND WAR.

The article says the Ukrainians lured the destroyer into a passageway where it was hit with artillery.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 03-07-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

we're doing exactly what they did to us during the conflict in vietnam

a quiet, constant, endless, off-the-books supply operation

i had read that ukraine has received 5000+ MANPADS, like and including the US' Javelin system. those things are like $175,000 per shot. (not including launcher)

the same way that the russians and chinese flooded the ho chi minh trail, friendly western nations will inundate Ukraine with anything that we can get to them, without overtly proving that it came from us.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

I keep thinking in terms of Afghanistan, but I guess if this is going to be Russia's Viet Nam then yeah, they could accept losses for years.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we're doing exactly what they did to us during the conflict in vietnam

a quiet, constant, endless, off-the-books supply operation

i had read that ukraine has received 5000+ MANPADS, like and including the US' Javelin system. those things are like $175,000 per shot. (not including launcher)

the same way that the russians and chinese flooded the ho chi minh trail, friendly western nations will inundate Ukraine with anything that we can get to them, without overtly proving that it came from us.
The Javelins aren't from us!

They're from our allies we gave them to as military aid($0)!

Technically completely innocent 😇
Old 03-07-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is real then its nuts, imagine the 2nd most poweful world threat losing a destroyer, in a LAND WAR.
lol OOF

this whole thing is really embarrassing for Russia, a captured Lt. Colonel explains in a press conference.

Quote:
Russian Lt. Col. Astakhov Dmitry Mikhailovich said he and his forces were led to believe they were invading the country because "nationalists, Nazis have seized power,"
https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia...-nazis-ukraine
Old 03-07-2022, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

You have to love this quote "There is no need to be afraid. The Russian army is not strong, it is just long. We will eat them slowly, like a salami."

Meanwhile world war 3 starting soon: https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...eb2x&context=3
Old 03-07-2022, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://dumskaya.net/news/podvig-ukr...ossiys-160920/

The article says the Ukrainians lured the destroyer into a passageway where it was hit with artillery.

If I was a Ukrainian, and I was pissed and eating my cold tushonka, you bet I'd be like, "we need a few more boats on the scorecard before this fucking ceiling caves in".