Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-30-2022, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad someone else understands the scope of this forum, at least

And I've been robbed in a Wal-Mart parking lot twice, and been arrested once
Robbed twice is pretty scary

I don’t carry a gun anywhere. Not on me, not in my car. Only if I camp, and only then if it’s going to be a rural area. We have lots of campgrounds with tons of people at them that are closest that I have camped many times at unarmed

I can outfight or outrun any threat, not worried about it. My dad is in a constant state of disappointment for buying me a 9mm more than 6 years ago that I have never shot once, not even in practice

But when I get old and frail I will probably carry. Women, especially alone at night in a sketchy area should carry. I see so many stories of women deciding to walk home at night from a bar unarmed that end up in pieces in the woods somewhere on the crime channels I watch
Old 05-30-2022, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb rare jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see so many stories of women deciding to walk home at night from a bar unarmed that end up in pieces in the woods somewhere on the crime channels I watch
Old 05-30-2022, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The interesting thing is out of the dozens and dozens of stories I’ve heard of abducted and murdered women, almost none are killed by a gun. The only memorable one I recently read was a serial killer picking up truck stop sex workers that executed them with a 22 shot to the head

The vast majority of women are either grabbed and man-handled forced into a car or talked into it. Then they are almost always strangled, second most common death seems to be beat with a blunt object. So being armed could have saved them

The caveat is that the person needs to be able to handle the gun quickly and confidently. I’m not sure if a girl with a gun sitting next to an adult man intent on killing her, if that gun can save her. What if he leads with a sucker punch to the nose? She gonna keep her wits about her to get that gun out in time? Let’s hope so…
Old 05-30-2022, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So am I, it's not about militia, defense, gunning a robber, playing rape victim or using it as an extension of your hips.. that of course is all media horse shit.

But for real though, never shot it once?
Naw. I know my accuracy is gonna be shit. I need to at least oil it soon I’m guessing :/
Old 05-30-2022, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

If she has the gun, the odds are at least better that she won't be raped and dumped in a forest somewhere. Same for home invasion, same for small shrimpy dudes. But of course I agree that proper training and discipline are extremely important (and my guess would be most people who take the initiative to get a firearm take it pretty seriously and are pretty well trained and if not they should be).
Old 05-30-2022, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Robbed twice is pretty scary

I don’t carry a gun anywhere. Not on me, not in my car. Only if I camp, and only then if it’s going to be a rural area. We have lots of campgrounds with tons of people at them that are closest that I have camped many times at unarmed

I can outfight or outrun any threat, not worried about it. My dad is in a constant state of disappointment for buying me a 9mm more than 6 years ago that I have never shot once, not even in practice

But when I get old and frail I will probably carry. Women, especially alone at night in a sketchy area should carry. I see so many stories of women deciding to walk home at night from a bar unarmed that end up in pieces in the woods somewhere on the crime channels I watch
I keep my guns at home as well. However, I keep encouraging my wife to carry a pistol in her car, she's the one who is afraid of the rednecks around here, I can blend in with them pretty well but she didn't grow up in the south like me. She thought this shit was all the garbage they show you in country music videos until I actually moved us here (back here in my case), and then recently we moved to an even more exurban part of the metro area and she's afraid to go to Wal-Mart or the grocery store around here. She drove like 40 miles to go to Kroger last week in "civilization" as she puts it.

Her argument against it is that she's afraid someone will take it from her and just kill her with it, she's short and small

Nothing's perfect but I'd like to see her taking some shit like gouging people's eyes or ball kicking kind of defense classes. She always has knives on her though, it's come up at the airport several times
Old 05-30-2022, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, do you have a starter cleaning kit? (cheap). Accuracy is something further down the chain and when practicing it can be a fun thing to challenge yourself with. But the truth is, a bad guy is not going to be 15-20 yards away. Accuracy is hitting the mass right in front of you, really just nerves and the will to do it before they get you.

Edit: hammerless revolver is the way to go.
Yeah I can check, I’m 90% sure it has a cleaning kit he gave me. It’s never been fired so it won’t have any residue that way, but I’m sure it probably needs some kinda oil by now

It’s not going be accurate at distance anyway. He got me the shortened nose kind meant for concealed carry (don’t need a license to conceal carry here, everyone can), no safety button on it. I think I have like 5-6 hollow points in 1 clip. If I miss with those, I’m gonna have to beat them with it. I’ve posted pic of it b4 here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AE9F6A8D-3195-4FFF-8621-2666EC632626.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-30-2022, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Her argument against it is that she's afraid someone will take it from her and just kill her with it, she's short and small
Have you told her that if somebody is going to take her gun and kill her with it, they're probably willing to kill her some other way? Like seriously I know we argue in this forum all the time but I certainly don't want bad shit to actually happen to you or your family.

No mugger ever says "well I was gonna kill you if you had a gun in your purse that I could overpower from you, but since you don't please have a nice day instead!"
Old 05-30-2022, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
I keep my guns at home as well. However, I keep encouraging my wife to carry a pistol in her car, she's the one who is afraid of the rednecks around here, I can blend in with them pretty well but she didn't grow up in the south like me. She thought this shit was all the garbage they show you in country music videos until I actually moved us here (back here in my case), and then recently we moved to an even more exurban part of the metro area and she's afraid to go to Wal-Mart or the grocery store around here. She drove like 40 miles to go to Kroger last week in "civilization" as she puts it.

Nothing's perfect but I'd like to see her taking some shit like gouging people's eyes or ball kicking kind of defense classes. She always has knives on her though, it's come up at the airport several times
Yeah someone could get it and use it on her but the reality is if she’s petite they could just sit on her and strangle her too, so while the scenario of them getting her gun is reasonable, I don’t think that it is enough of a reason for her to give up on the idea

But yea ideally if she could take some self-defense and shooting classes that would be great

They do this training for my work because we work with sometimes aggressive psychotic clients on how to “break out” of most holds, and it’s complete bullshit. A few female co-workers that know me allowed me to use like 70% of my grip strength and force when we were practicing, which was beyond the light amount the instructor was having us practice with. None of the holds were they able to break away from

Going for the eyes and groin is like pepper spraying. I endorse it but it also means the attacker will be enraged after doing it so if she wasn’t in a fight for her life before doing it she will be after
Old 05-30-2022, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

OOOooolo dropping those TRUGH BOMBS , let’s fuckinggg GOOI HI CYF BC C C U FUU U GU K OK V I’MFHSSF JV HCC C F TOM HI H