Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In your world Hindus and Buddhists believe in your sky god? You're fascinating.

What happened to the flight you had to catch? Grandma done with the computer?

I'd love to continue bickering with your nonsense but Kristin Kreuk just walked into my bedroom and wants to give me a blow job!

P.S. Did Nilbog just indicate that he believes in intelligent design? Fuck, Kunark isn't ever coming out.
The title of the thread deals with believing in GOD...make the distinction and move on...lol. Sorry your numbers about the billions of people that don't believe in God don't add up. Guess you were not good in math...lol. Secondly if you can read the above post you would see that my flight was delayed due to weather. (Guess you were not good in reading either.) It happens, not that I would expect someone who has never flown on a plane to know that. Lastly, I did not know that Kristin was a guys name. haha.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned

Ignorance is self-inflicted. You have no excuse for being as close-minded as you are in this day and age with access to the internet and the wealth of information you so happily spam all over this thread.

You're a moron.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to continue bickering with your nonsense but Kristin Kreuk just walked into my bedroom and wants to give me a blow job!
You lucky son of a bitch!

/rude
Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Buddhism is not a religion...
Old 02-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henini [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stand corrected I guess.

But we both know clergy was pushing it's fat aggression on people. They revolted and tried getting rid of them. For the right to not burn at the stake for not going around treating every clergymen as gods.

in other words, they had it coming.

but like I said, I stand corrected.
The Enlightenment was a reaction to to the intolerance and anti-intellectualism of the church, yes. But it also ended up with cults like the Jacobins, who killed priests or anyone harboring them on sight, who outlawed private worship, and literally celebrated a goddess they called "reason." That isn't rational or scientific. It's insanity. Fundamentalism, whether its coloring is secular or religious, is the same disease. Whenever you get a group of fundamentalists together, it's always a short step until they arrive at the brilliant idea that "well, if we can't make certain segments of society 'civilized' (in the way we define civilization), then they must be eradicated."
Old 02-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.

Natural selection and similar scientific theories can go hand in hand withe intelligent design. People can believe in science as well as a God.
Believing in god and believing in creationism are on different scales there.

The "I'm a scientist, I believe in reason and logic and facts. but there has to be something more to life" is one type of believer.

I don't really have a word for creationism that isn't demeaning. I'm sorry...

But they teach it in school in the states so it has to be true.

And people can not believe in science and in creationism no. they are in conflict, to believe in creationism you have to be newborn or have been kept in a box all your life.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Enlightenment was a reaction to to the intolerance and anti-intellectualism of the church, yes. But it also ended up with cults like the Jacobins, who killed priests or anyone harboring them on sight, who outlawed private worship, and literally celebrated a goddess they called "reason." That isn't rational or scientific. It's insanity. Fundamentalism, whether its coloring is secular or religious, is the same disease. Whenever you get a group of fundamentalists together, it's always a short step until they arrive at the brilliant idea that "well, if we can't make certain segments of society 'civilized' (in the way we define civilization), then they must be eradicated."
I must have that disease then!

fuck I hate bad drivers
Old 02-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
P.S. Did Nilbog just indicate that he believes in intelligent design? Fuck, Kunark isn't ever coming out.
I didn't indicate anything other than having an open mind and objective opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henini [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believing in god and believing in creationism are on different scales there.

The "I'm a scientist, I believe in reason and logic and facts. but there has to be something more to life" is one type of believer.

I don't really have a word for creationism that isn't demeaning. I'm sorry...

But they teach it in school in the states so it has to be true.

And people can not believe in science and in creationism no. they are in conflict, to believe in creationism you have to be newborn or have been kept in a box all your life.
Quote:
so it has to be
Quote:
people can not believe
Quote:
you have to be
Quote:
or have been
It is exceedingly hard to debate with you if you generalize everything with absolutes, because that's crazy. With almost 7 billion humans on earth, you are not going to convince me otherwise.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I do not believe that any religion on earth is correct. But i do believe that a person can believe in science and creationism at the same time. I do not, but i can see how others could. one could argue that God created the scientific laws that govern the universe etc..

I do not believe that the existence of a God is impossible just implausible. I do believe that 100% of religion is man made bull shit designed to give power to individuals and to provide easy answers to hard questions (a wizard did it)

I guess i would call myself an agnostic, in that i think there could be something out there but i am unwilling to define it and/or pray to it. In the grand scheme of my short time on this plant and being one of 7 million i don't think it matters at all.

I just find it funny that some people can thank God for the touch down while others will thank God for destroying their enemies scared ground.

I think a dual thread could be made that would seperate the idea of God and Religion. I think religion is horrible and used as a cruch for mass murder and shallow thougth. But thats just me and i dont care if you care/believe/poop in the woods.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

7 million = 7 billion

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Closed Thread