Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find me one person alive in the US today who hasn't voted conservative all their life that exclusively uses Duckduckgo because they say they are concerned Google isn't an objective search engine
I try not to use Google, but it's really good--vastly better than duckduckgo--at searching through archives of 18th and 19th century material. For current stuff duckduckgo is the browser of choice these days. Politics aside, google has become much too commercialized to provide reliable results for many subjects. As a general rule I've found the more niche a search query--the fewer people care--the better (as in less affected by politics or advertising) google's results tend to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...hey relax, it's just like the 1850's again everything is gonna be fine
Don't worry, the antebellum period was also characterized by a progression of weak and ineffectual presidents including the likes of Fillmore, Pierce, and Buchanan. Oh. Uh oh.....

Danth
Old 08-21-2021, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Reagan was an open borders guy. The notion that the Dems have gone "far left" is absurd.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:59 PM
Banned

Taliban-Iwo-Jima-flag-AP-640x480.jpg
Old 08-21-2021, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reagan was an open borders guy. The notion that the Dems have gone "far left" is absurd.
1: No he wasn't and I don't even like him. 2: The dems have absolutely gone far left. Biden himself is starting to use the lexicon of far leftisim. IE substituting the word "equity" for "equality". They're just kind of banking on the fact that people are too stupid to notice the difference, even though those words have very different, distinct meanings.

If there aren't enough native american astrophysicists this is a grave injustice and the only possible explaination is the exclusion of native americans! Meanwhile nobody cares that 90% of prison inmates are men and not women, despite men and women being effectively 50\50 percentage-wise of the population. Men and women have different interests and different priorities, just like different ethnic and cultural groups do. Boy this sure is hard to figure out.
Old 08-21-2021, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1: No he wasn't and I don't even like him. 2: The dems have absolutely gone far left. Biden himself is starting to use the lexicon of far leftisim. IE substituting the word "equity" for "equality". They're just kind of banking on the fact that people are too stupid to notice the difference, even though those words have very different, distinct meanings.

If there aren't enough native american astrophysicists this is a grave injustice and the only possible explaination is the exclusion of native americans! Meanwhile nobody cares that 90% of prison inmates are men and not women, despite men and women being effectively 50\50 percentage-wise of the population. Men and women have different interests and different priorities, just like different ethnic and cultural groups do. Boy this sure is hard to figure out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PnUfYhbDDM
Old 08-21-2021, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, Reagan was an open borders guy. Every post-Vietnam American president was/is except Carter.

And of course you didn't like Reagan. Too bad he wasn't a con artist and a sexual predator running on a platform of tough talk and conspiracy theories, huh?
Old 08-21-2021, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I don't really care if you have a negative opinion of Ronaldus Magnus dude, you're an idiot. He's the perfected eidolon of American Conservativism prior to this Trump garbage.

Did I mention you suck?
Old 08-21-2021, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Meanwhile nobody cares that 90% of prison inmates are men and not women, despite men and women being effectively 50\50 percentage-wise of the population. Men and women have different interests and different priorities, just like different ethnic and cultural groups do. Boy this sure is hard to figure out.
Just an aside, this subreddit might be for you >>
Old 08-21-2021, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Lets be realistic, if you want the borders open because you want to hire a bunch of low wage workers and enslave them into cycles of debt...

...is not the same as saying you want open borders because you believe nations are a construct that are primarily evil in their intent and that all humans given a world with out them would all sing kumbaya.

Wanting open borders =/= far left. But it the reason we want them open right now are.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

god I think I had a stroke when I wrote that but the point is true. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread