Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry pikled just because the institution of language mandates it so, does not mean that I have to conform.

There's still free will and free thought, but please go ahead and defend grrrl all day.
You're the one trying to stifle free will and free thought. I don't use the word grrl, but I'm not enough of a tightwad that I can't let other people use the language how they want. As long as people are successfully, accurately conveying a thought, language has served its purpose.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's still free will and free thought ...
Or is there???

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 06-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or is there???
Nope. This is America remember. The land of Taxes, forced healthcare, putting our children in debt, and pouring oil into natural resources for weeks on end.

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 06-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Stifle!?

...yea you're right, there's something about the legitimation of a slang term into a real word that just bothers me.

I would like to see language conserved to some degree instead of recognizing every used word as a legit word. Ya dig Bromandizzle!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Stifle!?

...yea you're right, there's something about the legitimation of a slang term into a real word that just bothers me.

I would like to see language conserved to some degree instead of recognizing every used word as a legit word. Ya dig Bromandizzle!?
Fo shizzle!

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 06-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Stifle!?

Thank you for acknowledging that you are anti free-speech and free-thought. A lot of people have a hard time swallowing that pill; at least you're honest about it.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Aviak

people are free to talk how they want. but if they're using words like grrrl and ain't, i hope they don't expect to ever land a decent job.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Code switching ftw. I ain't gotta say grrrl at work, but I be all sayin grrrl n shit with me hommies.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for acknowledging that you are anti American
Let me just fix that for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for acknowledging that you are anti free-speech and free-thought. A lot of people have a hard time swallowing that pill; at least you're honest about it.
Lol what a spinner, have you considered a job as commentator on fox news?
Closed Thread