Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-11-2023, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw a lot of classic Everquest. I spent two years deep-diving into web archives, reading user stories and fishing out obscure facts to try to piece together a dead zone that only existed for 8 months.

Classic EQ was a period of time. And people miss that period of time more than the game itself. The game itself was half-finished, frustrating, grinding, buggy, chaotic, laggy, and full of assholes.
The retail vrsion still existing is miraculous considering the company profits from harming its own players, nowadays it's time thinking up destructive ways to make more money.

EQ players must enjoy being treated like door mats, or they have nothing else to do in life. or they are addicts, or they feel weak and EQ creates an illusion of power..

Either way they are being taken advantage of.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By deleting somebody elses stuff?
Yes, if that stuff doesn't belong. Or better yet you could replace what they wrote with more wiki-appropriate content that still conveys whatever information the original poster was trying to convey.

The ultimate goal is to make the wiki better for everyone; and if your edit will do that (even if it means removing something that doesn't belong) then you should make it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:56 PM
Banned

EQ is a universe in which everybody in it is trying to speed up time (so it can't be that enjoyable can it?).

Everybody except the original dev that is, who is busy slowing everybody down.

Player - mob
Dev = shaman
Old 01-11-2023, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, if that stuff doesn't belong. Or better yet you could replace what they wrote with more wiki-appropriate content that still conveys whatever information the original poster was trying to convey.

The ultimate goal is to make the wiki better for everyone; and if your edit will do that (even if it means removing something that doesn't belong) then you should make it.
But then somebody can delete my stuff ater I deleted somebody elses stuff. Who decides whars right and wrong? Who decides whats appropriate?
Old 01-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Banned

hey guys i don't agree with you
DOWNBOATED AND DELETED
(lol)
Old 01-11-2023, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey guys i don't agree with you
DOWNBOATED AND DELETED
(lol)
Contributing to that wiki, any wiki, turns you into an unpaid employee of whoever it benefits the most.

They say the wiki benefits everybody but the best items listed are out of reach to most players and some items don't even drop anymore.

I think somebody is creating a little playground for themselves where they can pretend to be superior, but they need help to do it hence the "let's do this for everybody's benefit" lie.

The average player is there for ambience to give the illusion of success ("look at me i'm superior in a busy world" type of thing) and for taxi service.

The wiki is there to make it look more important too.
Old 01-11-2023, 01:52 PM
Banned

The wiki is a 3rd party script which speeds up the game.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Question

MMO = IRC + MUD + RPG mutant

Did we gain a super addictive + derivative mutant product lacking some of the best qualities of its parents?

Stay strong my friends! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2023, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MMO = IRC + MUD + RPG mutant

Did we gain a super addictive + derivative mutant product lacking some of the best qualities of its parents?

Stay strong my friends! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm waiting for somebody to emulate P99.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Contributions aren’t truly deleted, are they not? They just get archived into previous versions of a page?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung