Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-22-2022, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and other rumoured versions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2022, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Honestly you can gear really well, even raid gear just by earning lots of plat. Some people even do that just by tunnel flipping and earning plat that way, assuming you don’t play a class capable of farming. Things like Ring 9, scout rolls, HoT groups all make gearing to a decent level totally possible even for a casual player, just by means of luck.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Also the other thing to note here. While raiding guilds can always use more wizards your average dungeon crawl group doesn’t really (except in limited circumstances where Evac would be super critical or otherwise a port is needed in order to physically leave the zone without crawling through it.

I get that OP likes wizards and that’s fine to have one that you play, but it seems the primary goal here is to join dungeon groups and exp with people. If so, then OP should consider rolling an alt that would be useful to a group. Sure we can argue about how groups should be less “min/max” and willing to take people who aren’t as useful (which does happen in pugs in places like kc but not as much in a group forming to go to a specific place) but that’s just not the world we live in. So if the primary goal is “I want to play eq with people in dungeon groups” instead of “I have to play a wizard” then roll an alt that’s useful to a dungeon group
Old 12-23-2022, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Just roll an enchanter and you can do everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 12-23-2022, 04:31 PM
Banned

including dying often
(lol)
Old 12-23-2022, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also the other thing to note here. While raiding guilds can always use more wizards your average dungeon crawl group doesn’t really (except in limited circumstances where Evac would be super critical or otherwise a port is needed in order to physically leave the zone without crawling through it.

I get that OP likes wizards and that’s fine to have one that you play, but it seems the primary goal here is to join dungeon groups and exp with people. If so, then OP should consider rolling an alt that would be useful to a group. Sure we can argue about how groups should be less “min/max” and willing to take people who aren’t as useful (which does happen in pugs in places like kc but not as much in a group forming to go to a specific place) but that’s just not the world we live in. So if the primary goal is “I want to play eq with people in dungeon groups” instead of “I have to play a wizard” then roll an alt that’s useful to a dungeon group
I just wish I could find acceptance as a wizard, that's all.

If I finally make it into a regular dungeon group, but I was required to be a shadow knight or something, am I really accepted as a person?

I'll say that Rogue is probably the one other class that does interest me, if only the GMs would fix the faction situation.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=407124
Last edited by tadkins; 12-23-2022 at 04:57 PM..
Old 12-23-2022, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I finally make it into a regular dungeon group, but I was required to be a shadow knight or something, am I really accepted as a person?

I'll say that Rogue is probably the one other class that does interest me, if only the GMs would fix the faction situation.

Sorry, I had to LOL. IRL you are neither a shadowknight nor a wizard. You can be accepted as a person regardless of your in-game toon race/class/deity, brother. Cmon, jack.

Ill give it to you simple: you have a self-sabotaging attitude. Stinkin thinkin will leave you wallowing in a pile of you know what. So buck up and keep a positive mental attitude. You'll find a way.
Old 12-23-2022, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If Wizards were more group-friendly, I'd main one.

Quadding is fun though. Have you tried it?

You make up all the fun during Raids too. My Necro is too boring during Raids. I get excited when someone needs mana...

Wizards can also essentially sit at Hammer Hill and make cash virtually AFK. So it's not all bad.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
including dying often
(lol)
I tried for the first time giving a torch to a hasted blue mob more than a week ago. Charm broke due to a bullshit bug in the p99 code; charm is not supposed to break early here

Anyway the thing ate through my two shields and melted me down to 25% before I could land a stun. Another bullshit bug where I can’t channel through every hit like was promised on forums

Until they fix the charm breaking and not being able to channel bugs I have stopped doing that. I don’t feel like having to plant my pet halfway across the zone to be safe, I’ll just stop with the torches

I can’t even imagine giving it a haste item….
Last edited by unsunghero; 12-23-2022 at 11:11 PM..
Old 12-24-2022, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Wizards were more group-friendly, I'd main one.

Quadding is fun though. Have you tried it?

You make up all the fun during Raids too. My Necro is too boring during Raids. I get excited when someone needs mana...

Wizards can also essentially sit at Hammer Hill and make cash virtually AFK. So it's not all bad.
Something close to a group experience for wizards is to bind at the ocean of tears ancient cyclops, quad seafuries and gate back to bind to hang out with AC crew between quads. They are a friendly lot these days and as Tadkins mentions it is overcamped by level 60 druids, meaning you will almost always have potg to speed up them quads.

Gems worth over 50pp drop about 1:5 kills these days and there are still some seafuries blues at 56.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung