Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fact that there are many people in the world who are currently depressed, and not dead, proves my point that depression is not a death sentence. It predisposes one to rash acts, such as suicide, but it is by no means a sure thing- and that's all I'm arguing against. I'm not belittling depression, or depressed people.
=/=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I simply disagree. I'm not religious, and yet suicide has to rank up as one of the most terrible "sins" one can commit against one's loved ones. Wasting life like that- depressed or not- after your parent/s and everyone around you have invested so much . . .that's entirely fucked up and I have no pity nor sympathy.

Not like their around to feel shitty about being made fun of anyway, now is it? Respect given where respect is due, someone who is willing to wound everyone they knew in such a manner does not deserve my reverence. Just like David Carradine doesn't.
Nay to this:

Quote:
Suicide is a choice.
There is your thought pattern that informs your decisions. Knowledge, or lack therefore, informs your decisions. Past experiences inform your decision. The reasons for your depression play a role. The things you (both realistically and unrealistically) have to look forward to play a role. [I hope you know what I'm getting it, I don't really feel like putting in the effort to write that out properly]. Your depression isn't everyone elses depression and your suicidal phase wasn't everyone's suicidal phase. Besides that, a person can simply be going through a particularly dark period and have a single moment of weakness.

It's kind of like the poor person making something out of himself and thinking "if I did it, all those other poor people can as well, therefore they are lazy/unwilling etc." It is a lot more complicated than that.

I take issue with a person needing to suffer through something for the sake of others (unless it's their children).

Also, as a serious depression tends to leave permanent "scars" if you will, I hope you've managed to leave most things behind.
Closed Thread