Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy either epicly trolled us all or is the most retarded Warrior on the server.
I'm a retarded warrior because i wanna use an axe instead of a shard? Plz buff me u retard.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Banned

hhahaha
Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why Didnt ALL warriors on live servers have proccing weapons then?? like i said, they all used wurmy/lammy/defiance. Warriors aren't made to weild stupid little shard/daggers.
Cause, taunt worked differently. You could get away with using a Lamentation / Jade mace when kunark came out - to hold aggro. Mainly because taunt become a spamming ability.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont raid often, im not high level, and i don't give a shit. I'm just saying i dont wanna use a fukken Obsidian shard of avalon.
Then you'll be soloing alot :P
Old 10-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm a retarded warrior because i wanna use an axe instead of a shard? Plz buff me u retard.
What is the purpose of being a warrior... if you don't get aggro with your weapons? That is your primary role in every setting, you take aggro and keep it. Why on earth would you use some shitty fucking axe which has no aggro proc on it?
Old 10-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

I refuse to believe this guy is serious.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

ugh I got trolled hard. I'm ashamed to have fallen for it. But in my defense lots of warriors on this server are stupid so it wasn't that far-fetched that he could be for real-reals.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I'm not really raging, just saying how annoying it is that people think they can tell us what weapon to use. I dont want to use a fukken Obsidian Shard of Avalon. I dont wanna use a YAK those are 9k. I wanna use EXECUTIONERS AXE that someone gave me. What are you gonna do when every warrior, in the near distance future starts using only Wurmslayer and Lamentation.

Beyotch, i got a TAUNT button i use often.

Oh and by the way, if you're gonna nuke something for like 300 points of damage do you think a little shard is gonna stop a mob from coming over
and squishing you? Whats that you say? i NEED Shards because taunt is broken in this server? not my fault, tell the devs to fixit.
GOOD LUCK! I know I wont be grouping with you =D[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

I'm not sure if the OP is serious. Eh. Whatever.

I played a warrior on live for 5 years (1999-2004) and play one here. I will try to consolidate all the info in the thread and add a few of my own thoughts/experiences.

Taunt: Other posters were correct here. A successful taunt puts you on top of the hate list. If you're already at the top of the hate list it is pointless. You can test this by letting someone get aggro, then neither of you do anything else to it. Press taunt repeatedly. At one point (when taunt succeeds) the mob will turn to face you. Also, taunt does not work on whites, yellows, or reds. Ever. On live it would work on whites but not yellows and reds. Eventually they changed it so that taunt would work on yellows as well (late kunark? I can't remember).

Kick/bash/slam/etc: Doesn't really add any more aggro than regular melee attacks. Maybe a little but I sure can't tell. It certainly doesn't hurt to save them until after a successful taunt.

Procs: Procs that debuff, stun, or cause outright hate (enraging blow and warrior epic proc) make mobs mad. Procs that DoT or DD cause some hate, but not as much.

More regarding procs: Procs are great but they're not the be all, end all. How procs really suck is that sometimes you get lucky with a lot of procs and sometimes you get none. If I couldn't use yaks, I would certainly rather use bloodfire and spined dragon claws instead of obsidian shards. Sure every once in awhile I would get a lot of procs and hold aggro with the shards, but if I didn't get any procs things would suck horribly. Both for dps and aggro. The bloodfire and claws would at least be relatively consistent aggro and be good deeps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] there is a certain break even point where a superior damage/delay non procing weapon overtakes a procing one.

Fast vs slow weapons and 2h vs dual wield: fast weapons hold aggro better than slow weapons. Part of this is due to potential damage (damage bonus, potential to quad hit with 1handers, etc) - it seems that potential damage plays a bigger role than actual damage. Yes exe axe hits hard, but in that same time you get 2 hits with it, you could potentially get 8 hits with yaks.

Oh and exe axe also sucked when I was leveling up here if grouped with a shaman or enchanter because the haste proc would overwrite haste buffs. If not grouped with a haster sometimes it was good.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taminy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if the OP is serious. Eh. Whatever.

I played a warrior on live for 5 years (1999-2004) and play one here. I will try to consolidate all the info in the thread and add a few of my own thoughts/experiences.

Taunt: Other posters were correct here. A successful taunt puts you on top of the hate list. If you're already at the top of the hate list it is pointless. You can test this by letting someone get aggro, then neither of you do anything else to it. Press taunt repeatedly. At one point (when taunt succeeds) the mob will turn to face you. Also, taunt does not work on whites, yellows, or reds. Ever. On live it would work on whites but not yellows and reds. Eventually they changed it so that taunt would work on yellows as well (late kunark? I can't remember).

Kick/bash/slam/etc: Doesn't really add any more aggro than regular melee attacks. Maybe a little but I sure can't tell. It certainly doesn't hurt to save them until after a successful taunt.

Procs: Procs that debuff, stun, or cause outright hate (enraging blow and warrior epic proc) make mobs mad. Procs that DoT or DD cause some hate, but not as much.

More regarding procs: Procs are great but they're not the be all, end all. How procs really suck is that sometimes you get lucky with a lot of procs and sometimes you get none. If I couldn't use yaks, I would certainly rather use bloodfire and spined dragon claws instead of obsidian shards. Sure every once in awhile I would get a lot of procs and hold aggro with the shards, but if I didn't get any procs things would suck horribly. Both for dps and aggro. The bloodfire and claws would at least be relatively consistent aggro and be good deeps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] there is a certain break even point where a superior damage/delay non procing weapon overtakes a procing one.

Fast vs slow weapons and 2h vs dual wield: fast weapons hold aggro better than slow weapons. Part of this is due to potential damage (damage bonus, potential to quad hit with 1handers, etc) - it seems that potential damage plays a bigger role than actual damage. Yes exe axe hits hard, but in that same time you get 2 hits with it, you could potentially get 8 hits with yaks.

Oh and exe axe also sucked when I was leveling up here if grouped with a shaman or enchanter because the haste proc would overwrite haste buffs. If not grouped with a haster sometimes it was good.
To add to/comfirm what Taminy said,

i played a raid mt from 2003-2006 (PoP through DoDH and a little past)

Taunt is close to worthless in most situations (esp. on classic). nukers wanna get the nasty (read: red) mobs down fast and tend to overnuke/nuke too fast from my experience.

at low levels the warrior is almost worthless as a tank compared to an SK or Pal who has the same gear, damage mitigation, and also stun/dot spells for hate.

dd only procs do nothing more than damage based aggro. stun procs are far superior and (based on non classic mechanics at least) whether the stun could even conceivably land or not, much better aggro. most higher end warriors when i left live around 2006 were split on whether an enraging blow (400 hate) aug was better than a 175dd + stun aug -- the general consensus was they were pretty damn well equal really. the decent dps + stun proc from the yak is why they've traditionally been the go-to weapon for warriors.

and looking forward -- the war epic hate proc is generally < stun proc because the hate from war epic is fire based, which most mobs have great resistance too.
Closed Thread