Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Druids pets (charm) are acting strangely. When I send my pet in to attack, it hits the mob once then runs back to me. I have to spam attack to keep it on the mob. This seems broken, but I don't use pets much. I can't say if it was caused by this patch.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

AC mitigation changes are definitely noticeable. I have nearly 600 AC and I went from being able to kill 2 light blue mobs solo with 1 health bar to being able to kill 4.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 07-09-2010, 02:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

nm, understand now that I've read through it again
Last edited by Modal; 07-09-2010 at 02:43 AM..
Old 07-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Banned

Shamans are going to kill me for this post, but I doubt the devs will change anything because of it. Someone was asking about Shaman pets, so here we go.

I played a Shaman as my main class back in the day and know more about them than any other class. One quirk to their pet was that they would NEVER equip weapons. Not even for procs. No matter what weapon you gave them, they would always "hit". Not until 2002 did they add the ability for shaman pets to equip weapons. This also allowed them to dual wield. No shaman pet would dual wield (I don't even think the PoP pet True Spirit would dual wield) unless it was given 2 weapons.

Here's a related post for proof: http://samanna.net/CRUCIBLE_SAVES/pets_and_weapons.html

People wouldn't be going crazy about their pets equipping weapons 3 years after the release of the game if it wasn't something new.

Another thing I've noticed is that shaman pets tank too well on this server. You were always way better off tanking instead of your pet on live, but on here I've seen shaman utilize their pet like a mage, which is definitely weird to see. As far as regen goes, I'm pretty sure that shaman pets regen at the same rate as the others (mage/necro etc). Shaman pets would always regen way "faster" than mage/necro pets, due to having much lower HP.

But anyways, the whole shaman pets equipping weapons thing was such a great turning point for Shaman that thread is one of the dozen saved topics from the old Crucible, along with VT Key, AA guides, etc. It was a huge bugfix that most people don't remember (it wasn't documented), that P99 should never see.
Last edited by Reiker; 07-09-2010 at 09:19 AM..
Old 07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The worst part about this patch is how crippled necro pets are now. In classic, necro pets were fucking baller; they tanked better and hit harder than they did before this patch. So now necros are going quite a ways backwards from classic. Not to mention you guys never implemented pet weapon delay, even though I've mentioned it from day 1 as a staple classic EQ "element" along with sword of runes proccing on anything. So overall, this patch gives a net effect of pet classes operating even less like they did in classic than before.
QFT. I tried out my newbie necro last night who is only lvl 11. Took 7 pets to get one that wasn't light blue con. Finally got one that was dark blue and he hit for 9 dmg on average as his max but for the most part just constantly missed. He also seemed to be taking damage more so then before. This was on other dark blue mobs btw.

Anyways I ding lvl 12 and go buy my new pet spell, cast it, and....light blue pet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The changes don't make much sense to me since I didn't really see any post about people begging for pet class nerfs, and I don't remember it like this back on live.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QFT. I tried out my newbie necro last night who is only lvl 11. Took 7 pets to get one that wasn't light blue con. Finally got one that was dark blue and he hit for 9 dmg on average as his max but for the most part just constantly missed. He also seemed to be taking damage more so then before. This was on other dark blue mobs btw.

Anyways I ding lvl 12 and go buy my new pet spell, cast it, and....light blue pet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The changes don't make much sense to me since I didn't really see any post about people begging for pet class nerfs, and I don't remember it like this back on live.
I had a very similar experience.
~Stolig
Old 07-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude Haynar, thank you so very much for completely fucking up the pets man. Cheers.

Thanks to "There are just so many pets to deal with, soooo [insert easyfixbandaid]." the freakin 29 pets don't even dual wield unless you have the max level pet. Explain to me exactly the point in that? As the 29 pet for necros is unique in that it can finally DW.

Not to mention the fact the one high enough pet I have gotten so far, hits for the exact same damage as the 24 version. Great fix man, really great stuff. I realllllllllllly feel the progression in that my pet has a tiny bit more hp now, does no more damage, and can't DW like he is intended to.

*twothumbswayup*
I did go through the database, updating all the mage pets today. So maybe they will patch soon. Some did get a max level bump. But nothing special.

And unless I am incorrect, all level 24 pets are supposed to dual weild. I need to go fix that, and make sure all the level 39 pets will do it without weapons too. Unfortunately that means some of the level 20 pets will end up being able to dual weild too due to level overlap, unless I can figure out a way to tie it to teh spell. I just might go for the easy fix. Oh well. If I get time tomorrow, i will be coding that up, along with taking away the hate generated from healing pets.

Haynar
Old 07-10-2010, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

Some people do actually appreciate the work and effort you guys put in to fix things (a lot of forum posters are blatant assholes,Im sure you are aware), so I would just like to say thanks. If you keep working like you are everything will get sorted out eventually. I am not sure what people will bitch about then, but I have confidence that they will find something : p

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Last edited by utenan; 07-10-2010 at 03:33 AM..
Old 07-10-2010, 04:17 AM
Sarnak

We need to differenciate the pet's level from the spell's level.

For example, - if I'm correct - all pets from the same spell, whatever their level is, have the same abilities.

So a level 23 pet summoned with the level 24 spell should have dual wield ability without weapons. The ability to dual wield with weapons isn't tied to the pet's level, but to the spell itself.

While a level 24 pet summoned with the level 20 spell (I know it can't happen, but it's for the sake of the example), shouldn't be able to dual wield with weapons. Because it's not its nature.

To sum up ... pet's level only affects its dmg and health. Spell level affects the pet abilities.

The pet stats from the table used are correct imo, and pets are now what they used to be. However, pets in classic had maxed stats, so had a slightly better hit rating. At the moment it misses a tad too much. Sadly, it's hard to put a hand on a dmg parser from that era. Too many single hits, clearly not enough double hits, and quad hits are too rare.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Last edited by finalgrunt; 07-10-2010 at 04:42 AM..
Old 07-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

Meh. I been gone for 3 months and played last night...didn't even notice the difference.

Maybe people will stop complaining about mages now, lol. We were a tad bit OP. Just a tad bit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Closed Thread