Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-21-2023, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauser%27s_law

Quote:
The economics of taxation will be moribund until economists accept and explain Hauser's law. For progress to be made, they will have to face up to it, reconcile it with other facts, and incorporate it within the body of accepted knowledge
Old 11-21-2023, 09:54 PM
Banned

Anyway, Washington
Old 11-21-2023, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An Australian policital journalist first spoke of the slide in her article here:
https://www.americanexperiment.org/t...efine-science/

Claire Lehmann (Editor of Quillette) is a f***** idiot

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea my wife is a teacher in Washington and a lot of this shit truly isn't an exaggeration. They've got some crazy toxic views on race. I'm all for peace and love and acceptance but they go way too far with the hateful radicalism shit.
Old 11-21-2023, 11:07 PM
Banned

I’ve heard some schools are now wanting to completely do away with deadlines, meaning as long as kids turn the work in before the end of the year, they get full credit

I’m like, wow, way to fuck them over for their future jobs because I guarantee those aren’t going to do away with deadlines

I’ve said time and time again one of the biggest and newest issues with kid’s schooling these days is truancy. And this doesn’t apply to just school. If you have a defiant kid who is willing to go “dead weight” and flop on the ground to where some adult has to literally drag them to something, they can almost get out of everything

Think school staff will drag them to school? Nope. Think EMT’s will drag them to the hospital? Nope. Think cops will drag them to anything? Nope, not unless they have just committed a crime

Kids have learned they can literally beat the entire system through pure defiance, because no public entity wants to deal with the liability of grabbing a resisting kid

And thus, kids missing weeks upon weeks of school has now become borderline commonplace. And schools will just push them through the grades anyway……
Old 11-21-2023, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve heard some schools are now wanting to completely do away with deadlines, meaning as long as kids turn the work in before the end of the year, they get full credit

I’m like, wow, way to fuck them over for their future jobs because I guarantee those aren’t going to do away with deadlines

I’ve said time and time again one of the biggest and newest issues with kid’s schooling these days is truancy. And this doesn’t apply to just school. If you have a defiant kid who is willing to go “dead weight” and flop on the ground to where some adult has to literally drag them to something, they can almost get out of everything

Think school staff will drag them to school? Nope. Think EMT’s will drag them to the hospital? Nope. Think cops will drag them to anything? Nope, not unless they have just committed a crime

Kids have learned they can literally beat the entire system through pure defiance, because no public entity wants to deal with the liability of grabbing a resisting kid

And thus, kids missing weeks upon weeks of school has now become borderline commonplace. And schools will just push them through the grades anyway……
It's a clown world. You didn't even mention the part where 80% of what they're taught is propaganda or shit they'll never use in life.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-22-2023, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok she who has zero comebacks except to attack individual words.
You mentioning purgatory to me as a just reward for my faithlessness is like me saying to you "Ok Magnet, after dying in a worthy battle with axes and shields off you trot to Valhalla!"

Pretend-A-Rama. But hilarious.
I read memes about pedo priests/preachers and lmfao then say oops, god is gonna send me off to hell for that. Ya know for laughing at his people for "doing gods earthly work".
Ya know. Like pretending its real and getting a cheap laugh outta the (observably un) holy actions of the priests/preachers. Ya gettin it yet?
We dont care about your silly book. But we do care that you care (about your silly book).
We dont mind if you hold yourself to it's unreasonable standards. P.S. Most of you can't. But that's on you.
What we do mind is you trying to force us to obey ya dumbfuck rules.
You likem? Knock yaselves out.
Once more (for the dummies) read ya book, pray, quote magic phrases together and snicker quietly amongst yaselves about us going to hell. But please just keep it to yaself.
We dont wanna join ya contradictory little club.
It just makes you look desperate.
I'm honestly too tired to make a point anymore. Original dead sea scrolls are lit tho )