Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Everquest = Norrath

Luclin sucks because it doesn't feel like a coherent place; the design of the zones is generally not good, losing the magic and authenticity of the earlier world and being too disconnected. It's like going from Lord of the Rings to some low-budget version of Dune.

If you want AA's or the ability to turn yourself into an AFK Vendor (aka, the Bazaar) that could just be implemented within the existing game world anyway. No reason to bring Luclin in.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:44 PM
Fire Giant

there are literally dozens of reasons to bring luclin in, and if you don't like the luclin zones you can just not go to them, problem solved
Old 08-20-2021, 10:55 PM
Banned

most p99 players play here because they hate luclin and beyond
Old 08-20-2021, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most p99 players play here because they hate luclin and beyond
I think that's a very well worn path tread by a very vocal minority.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are literally dozens of reasons to bring luclin in, and if you don't like the luclin zones you can just not go to them, problem solved
This is dumb reasoning, introducing shitty new content of that scale inherently means the rest of the game world and player population will be impacted.
Old 08-21-2021, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

release it
vulak is too easy
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-21-2021, 05:30 AM
Banned

"Shitty new content" VT keys alone are double the timesink of VP keys...opens up kunark/velious raiding content for the server...it's a Win Win for everyone.

+ there's some fun new wars out there with the hollowshade moors and other zones. I don't think most people realize how fun luclin was because PoP came out too soon, it wasn't OP'ed either.

What warrior doesn't want enraging blow on Blade of Carnage? AA's brought much needed class balances. The list of beneficial changes far outweighs any negatives and most importantly, raid petitions reduce significantly in numbers thus making staff happy.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:57 AM
Fire Giant

Classic, kunark and velious are flooded with empty, unused, unfinished zones.

There's 20 i could name off hands that are extremely broken, underutilised, unfinished, etc. Adding luclin barely adds any more, but it does open a shitload of content up for people.

If you applied luclin level content to p99 asbergers it would be truely remarkable gameplay. I'd love to see the novel approaches to many of the ring events, steps that can be skipped, quests half bypassed etc. Would be unlike luclin ever done on EQ before excepting the all but perfected endgame farming of Al Kabor for rotated AHR necks.

The content is really fun, zones are far better tuned than velious was.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin was trash, Planes of Power even worse, and they'd ruin P1999 insofar as I care. I'm here specifically because those expansions ruined the game for me, and they'd ruin it again.

Danth
Old 08-21-2021, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin was trash, Planes of Power even worse, and they'd ruin P1999 insofar as I care. I'm here specifically because those expansions ruined the game for me, and they'd ruin it again.

Danth
Enter the extremely vocal extreme minority I was referring to. Ok Boomer.
Closed Thread