Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-27-2023, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, does it even need to be explained at this point? Taunt may be used less for knights, but it's still a potential instantaneous snap aggro ability. Taunt can save a charmer from a charm break, it can hitch a ride on all that threat/hate on that mob the Bard was snaring etc.

It's utterly moronic to continuously spam this ability when it only generates 1 point of hate/threat if you're at the top of the list already. Come on! As Troxx said: it's not rocket science.
You keep forgetting to explain why spamming taunt is "moronic".

Simply repeating the strategy of using taunt at the proper time doesn't explain why spamming taunt is bad.

You seem to be forgetting multiple points, so let me remind you:

1. Taunt has a 6 second cooldown with a low success rate. Please stop treating taunt like a reliable tool, such as Defensive Disc. That is being disingenuous at best.

2. Knights never rely on taunt for agro generation. It's a bonus tool you can use to increase your chances of success, that is all.

3. If you rarely/never use taunt, you get literally nothing from it. Something is better than nothing, even if it's 1 point of hate.

I hope you can explain your position in your next post, and not simply repeat the alternate strategy.
Old 11-27-2023, 01:38 AM
Fire Giant

I literally list two examples of why it can be useful, but you ignore it to tell me that knights don't need it for aggro.

I have a 57 Paladin. I know you don't need taunt to hold aggro. However, I still use taunt in emergencies and for stealing aggro someone else has built up over a fight. I don't constantly spam taunt, because I know it still has some uses.

I've been playing this game for a fraction of the time you have, and even I know this. You're just arrogant bad player. It's obvious you just chime in threads to inflate your fragile ego.

I mean, for Christ sake, I actually mouseturn and keybind my spells and abilities. From what I've seen of your videos, you can't even do that.
Old 11-27-2023, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I literally list two examples of why it can be useful, but you ignore it to tell me that knights don't need it for aggro.

I have a 57 Paladin. I know you don't need taunt to hold aggro. However, I still use taunt in emergencies and for stealing aggro someone else has built up over a fight. I don't constantly spam taunt, because I know it still has some uses.

I've been playing this game for a fraction of the time you have, and even I know this. You're just arrogant bad player. It's obvious you just chime in threads to inflate your fragile ego.

I mean, for Christ sake, I actually mouseturn and keybind my spells and abilities. From what I've seen of your videos, you can't even do that.
Nobody is disagreeing with the point that using taunt at the proper time can be useful. Why do you keep making this point? You do realize taunt has a 6 second cooldown, correct? You can switch strategies at any time if you notice your group is constantly acquiring agro.

You still haven't said anything that shows spamming taunt is bad. Maybe you should stop assuming you know everything?

It is also pretty clear you haven't watched my videos very closely if that is your takeaway lol. I also mouseturn and keybind my spells and abilities. I keyboard turn as well, and mouse click stuff that doesn't need to be spammed, because it feels comfortable for me and works fast enough. I am not claiming I am the best player out there. You don't need to be to know how the game works.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-27-2023 at 01:48 AM..
Old 11-27-2023, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

So why would I use this ability every 6 seconds for only 1 point of hate/threat? That's absolutely miniscule compared to using it for a potential emergency that can arise in a dungeon with a group.

Just stop posting, already. Do you honestly think anyone likes having you around at this point?
Old 11-27-2023, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So why would I use this ability every 6 seconds for only 1 point of hate/threat? That's absolutely miniscule compared to using it for a potential emergency that can arise in a dungeon with a group.

Just stop posting, already. Do you honestly think anyone likes having you around at this point?
Why do you upgrade a piece of equipment to get +20HP? Realistically speaking that is also only increasing your survival odds by a very small percentage. But I assume you would be happy to get that kind of an upgrade.

The reason is very simple. Every little bit helps, and it could make a difference. 1% is better than 0%.
Old 11-27-2023, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

Did you honestly just compare getting 20+ HP to using an ability to gain 1 point of hate? When it can be used to help strip aggro off in an instant?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah, nobody is taking you seriously anymore. Checkmate, narcissist.
Old 11-27-2023, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Did you honestly just compare getting 20+ HP to using an ability to gain 1 point of hate? When it can be used to help strip aggro off in an instant?
You forgot that taunt is unreliable, so you can never assume it is going to work. Please stop using this false analogy that taunt is similar to something like Defensive Disc.

Back to my point. You do understand that getting +20 HP on an item is also a very small increase in your survival, correct? It's probably less than a +1% chance you are going to survive. Why? Because at level 60 mobs are hitting for 150+. It's pure luck if you happen to live with only 20 HP remaining.
Old 11-27-2023, 02:00 AM
Fire Giant

So what if taunt is unreliable? It can work and it can help. That's better than 1 point of hate every 6 seconds. What if 2 mobs come in and start whacking the enchanter? One successful taunt, and then I can potentially focus my aggro spells on the other one.

You're impermeable to reason.
Old 11-27-2023, 02:02 AM
Kobold

What a tool. Stop engaging with him. Everybody knows he's wrong, he's the only person who thinks he's right.
Old 11-27-2023, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So what if taunt is unreliable? It can work and it can help. That's better than 1 point of hate every 6 seconds. What if 2 mobs come in and start whacking the enchanter? One successful taunt, and then I can potentially focus my aggro spells on the other one.

You're impermeable to reason.
If two mobs start whacking the enchanter, you cast your agro spells. Put taunt in when it's back from cooldown, it's only a 6 second timer at worst. Where is the problem here? If you were spamming taunt, it is possible the mob would never have gone to the Enchanter too. This is either from the few extra points generated, or the chance of taunt happening to be hit at the same time the Enchanter gains agro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a tool. Stop engaging with him. Everybody knows he's wrong, he's the only person who thinks he's right.
Incorrect. Please stop posting nonsense. If you think I am wrong, explain yourself properly.