Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-16-2024, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Shamwowi

That's your current magelo. If THAT is what you were parsing with that would actually make some sense. THAT magelo has 250 displayed ac (not worn ac) more than I have. If that is the case, that I can understand. If that is what you did though, you have to admit that your gear is NOT what a typical shaman leveling from 55-60 can expect.

Please let me know because if that is indeed what happened I will apologize for accusing you of lying. In that case, me taking 22% more damage would absolutely be expected.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-16-2024, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Shamwowi

That's your current magelo. If THAT is what you were parsing with that would actually make some sense. THAT magelo has 250 displayed ac (not worn ac) more than I have. If that is the case, that I can understand. If that is what you did though, you have to admit that your gear is NOT what a typical shaman leveling from 55-60 can expect.

Please let me know because if that is indeed what happened I will apologize for accusing you of lying. In that case, me taking 22% more damage would absolutely be expected.
You can watch my video and see that I am not wearing all of my gear. That is why I said I had 103 worn AC.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize that a single fight can have higher DPS than average, right? That is why I parse more than 1 fight.
You posted 1344 seconds (22.4 minutes) worth of fighting. I posted 976 seconds worth of fighting (16.2 minutes). Both of these values are sufficiently long that mathematically it is improbable to impossible that a shaman *A with 55% of the total ac of shaman *B can take 22% less damage ... all the while shaman *B has shield ac and shaman *A has no shield ac and is eating riposte damage.

Old 02-16-2024, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can watch my video and see that I am not wearing all of my gear. That is why I said I had 103 worn AC.
Alright sweet ... glad we clarified that.

Congratulations on doctoring your logs. Remind me never to believe one iota of any 'full log' parses you ever provide again.

*Bazinga: I know that any fool can open the raw log file and fuck around with it however they want to. Logs are client side and fully editable.

Old 02-16-2024, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright sweet ... glad we clarified that.

Congratulations on doctoring your logs. Remind me never to believe one iota of any 'full log' parses you ever provide again.

*Bazinga: I know that any fool can open the raw log file and fuck around with it however they want to. Logs are client side and fully editable.
When you can't win with facts and evidence, accuse everybody of lying lol. You do realize you could have doctored your logs/parse too, right? The difference is I have video evidence, which means you can actually double check every single number in my logs by watching the video and comparing the numbers appearing in my chat box if you wanted to. You just posted numbers without logs or videos. That is much easier to doctor. This is why I say providing video + log evidence is better. It is much harder to doctor a video to try and match it to doctored logs.

Quote:
You posted 1344 seconds (22.4 minutes) worth of fighting. I posted 976 seconds worth of fighting (16.2 minutes). Both of these values are sufficiently long that mathematically it is improbable to impossible that a shaman *A with 55% of the total ac of shaman *B can take 22% less damage ... all the while shaman *B has shield ac and shaman *A has no shield ac and is eating riposte damage.
Let me put it another way. I took a look at the weighted average, based on how many times the mob hit me on the upper half of the damage table vs. the lower half:

Shaman Player Adjustments
=========================
1.8% dodge chance

Eldak Howlingbear Adjustments
===================
50% double attack chance
4% chance to riposte

Eldak Howlingbear Weapon Damage Table (Hit Attempt every 2 seconds)
================================================== ==========
[32, 37, 43, 49, 54, 60, 66, 71, 77, 83, 88, 94, 100, 105, 111, 117, 122, 128, 134, 140]

Eldak Howlingbear Kick/Bash Damage Table (Hit Attempt every 8 seconds)
================================================== ==========
[32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42]

Weapon Damage
=================
30 hit attempts + 15 double attack attempts + 2 riposte attempts per minute = 47 hit attempts

57.2 average damage per hit on lower table 16 hits = 915.2
113.9 average damage per hit on upper table 31 hits = 3530.9
4445.23 damage x (0.5 hit rate - [0.018 x 0.5] dodge rate) = 2182.6 / 60 seconds = 36.38 DPS weighted average

Kick/Bash Damage
=================
7.5 hit attempts

34.5 average damage per hit on the lower table 2.5 hits = 86.25
39.5 average damage per hit on the upper table 5 hits = 197.5

283.75 damage x (0.5 hit rate - [0.018 x 0.5] dodge rate) = 139.32 DPS / 60 = 2.32 DPS weighted average

Final Calculation
=================
38.7 DPS x 0.3 Togor's Insects = 11.61 DPS

The weighted average is taking into account how often your mitigation stats like AC are skewing the damage number towards the higher end of the table.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-16-2024 at 06:27 PM..
Old 02-16-2024, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

The difference is that DSM is calculating DPS over two mobs, and Troxx is calculating DPS over one mob.

When DSM fights Eldak, 1/4 of the hits are max hits (21/84). When he fights Mentrax, 55% of hits are max hits (31/57).
Old 02-16-2024, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry man but there are only 2 plausible explanations:

1) Explanation 1:

-You got extraordinarily lucky ... a best of the best type situation multiple fights in a row that can be expected for less than 1% of your time playing ... over the course of 22 minutes.
-I got extraordinarily UNlucky ... a worst of the worst type situation over a single extended fight > 16.2 minutes with all variables controlled ... a scenario that can be expected less than 1% of a person's time playing.
-This random combination of 1% best case scenario paired with 1% worst case scenario explains how a shaman with 103 worn ac takes 22% less dps with 45% less worn ac all while autoattacking, suffering ripostes, and lacking shield ac. THIS is what explains the discrepancy.
-A chance of a 1% lining up with another 1% chance? (granted i totally made up the 1% value) ... 0.01%

2) Explanation 2:

-You lied.

Again, I ran my shaman to FM to demonstrate that a 187ac worn ac level 60 shaman would take less dps than you were reporting to have received on a 103ac level 60 shaman on the same exact mob when, in both instances, it was permanently 70% slowed.

I guess there is an Explanation 3 which would involve you being so incredibly incompetent that you are incapable of interpreting the data that you honestly collected and honestly tried to interpret?

I will be frank. Of all my criticisms of you I truly never perceived you to be a liar.

Perhaps Explanation 3 is the most plausible.

Old 02-16-2024, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference is that DSM is calculating DPS over two mobs, and Troxx is calculating DPS over one mob.

When DSM fights Eldak, 1/4 of the hits are max hits (21/84). When he fights Mentrax, 55% of hits are max hits (31/57).
Both mobs have identical stats. I only had 2 fights on each mob, which isn't a large sample size. It isn't surprising one mob is a bit different.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sorry man but there are only 2 plausible explanations:

1) Explanation 1:

-You got extraordinarily lucky ... a best of the best type situation multiple fights in a row that can be expected for less than 1% of your time playing ... over the course of 22 minutes.
-I got extraordinarily UNlucky ... a worst of the worst type situation over a single extended fight > 16.2 minutes with all variables controlled ... a scenario that can be expected less than 1% of a person's time playing.
-This random combination of 1% best case scenario paired with 1% worst case scenario explains how a shaman with 103 worn ac takes 22% less dps with 45% less worn ac all while autoattacking, suffering ripostes, and lacking shield ac. THIS is what explains the discrepancy.
-A chance of a 1% lining up with another 1% chance? (granted i totally made up the 1% value) ... 0.01%

2) Explanation 2:

-You lied.

Again, I ran my shaman to FM to demonstrate that a 187ac worn ac level 60 shaman would take less dps than you were reporting to have received on a 103ac level 60 shaman on the same exact mob when, in both instances, it was permanently 70% slowed.

I guess there is an Explanation 3 which would involve you being so incredibly incompetent that you are incapable of interpreting the data that you honestly collected and honestly tried to interpret?

I will be frank. Of all my criticisms of you I truly never perceived you to be a liar.

Perhaps Explanation 3 is the most plausible.
You haven't shown any evidence to suggest I am a liar. You on the other hand have lied multiple times on this forum factually speaking, and it is easy to prove. I am sorry your bad behavior keeps catching up with you. Nobody is going to believe your accusations, especially when you don't have evidence you can back up. You just posted a DPS number without videos or logs.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But even THAT does not make sense. That would imply that Mentrax is gonna do more damage than Eldak. I only parsed Eldak. If were were then to infer that Eldak has a lower attack than Mentrax and his data was a compilation of both ... and I were only fighting the weaker ...

Why would my solo fight with the weaker and 45% more ac, no ripostes, and shield ac benefit yields 22% more dps received than his composite of the two.

Sorry.

Lesson learned.

Never trust data DSM parses?