Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzDeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize I've been on this server for like 5 years and one of the original players here. My original form account got banned when I posted a picture of me at the shooting range for some ungodly reason. Sorry you only see black and white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzDeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol TBH I have 23 25% Exp pots, 4 Group pots and 6 14 slot bags that are in my inventory for free. My friend and I actually benefitted from the bugs and I still think the launch was shitty.
Your original account got banned for some ungodly reason? I can't with this guy. You probably don't see anything wrong with the past and present choices you continue to make. You and your buddy are the trash that ruin games.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Lol TBH I have 23 25% Exp pots, 4 Group pots and 6 14 slot bags that are in my inventory for free. My friend and I actually benefitted from the bugs and I still think the launch was shitty.
how
Old 05-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Games also fail because of bad bugs - See WoW emu servers, Vanguard, lots of other games. The initial hype is what makes these games most profitable and a smooth launch ensures players will stay. I'm not saying bugs don't happen but the amount of bugs, the problems with the queue, and all the other shit made the experience kinda shitty the first day. Most companies stress test the system first and over-estimate the amount of traffic they will be getting. I don't think they even attempted this one time.
This is true. Vanguard had a mail dupe that involved the trade window. Same dupe that EQ had in 1999. very shoddy permission code.

Made a decent 10k or so in rl bucks selling to a china distro. GMs deleted our mailbox and didnt bother to ban any of our accounts lmao I guess they took the blame for being such shit ass coders (we were like wtf this game is dead go away fucker)

Then the game died and I was sad.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

ill be duping in pantheon with the Quaalude coders they hired

cant w8 to make a nice 5 figure check again

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-25-2017, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your original account got banned for some ungodly reason? I can't with this guy. You probably don't see anything wrong with the past and present choices you continue to make. You and your buddy are the trash that ruin games.

My original forum account got banned has something to do with my in-game account? Stop trying to defend yourself for being stupid. Accounts are banned for saying homophobic slurs but under your logic, that person also ruined a game.

I'm actually the one who figured out about the dupe and was standoffish about releasing the information since I don't know what the outcome might be. There is no friend. I'm also the one releasing the information and telling people it's not a good thing. Of course, when I place an order for an item in game via the DB store and it comes in and didn't charge me, I'm going to investigate and keep trying it to see what the hell was going on. I reported the bug but still have all the items and nothings been done.

I'll oblige for how the dupe worked - On the server release everything was extremely laggy. Zone denials were common and group invites took forever. Store purchases were doing the same thing. If you had the DBC, selected the items you wanted and cancelled out while it was still in the processing effect, it would give you the items and not charge you DBC. You had to be in an extremely populated zone such as Nek. Something would happen with the communication between the store and charging you for the transaction. The items would pop up in your inventory but you weren't charged. This would only happen if you cancelled out of the DB store mid transaction. I did it a few times and haven't tried it since. I don't know how many people figured it out but all in all it worked for 6 bags, 25 EXP pots, 4 Group ones.

Not my fault you're too dense to see that they want to sweep these issues under the rug to avoid a rollback.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My original forum account got banned has something to do with my in-game account? Stop trying to defend yourself for being stupid. Accounts are banned for saying homophobic slurs but under your logic, that person also ruined a game.

I'm actually the one who figured out about the dupe and was standoffish about releasing the information since I don't know what the outcome might be. There is no friend. I'm also the one releasing the information and telling people it's not a good thing. Of course, when I place an order for an item in game via the DB store and it comes in and didn't charge me, I'm going to investigate and keep trying it to see what the hell was going on. I reported the bug but still have all the items and nothings been done.

I'll oblige for how the dupe worked - On the server release everything was extremely laggy. Zone denials were common and group invites took forever. Store purchases were doing the same thing. If you had the DBC, selected the items you wanted and cancelled out while it was still in the processing effect, it would give you the items and not charge you DBC. You had to be in an extremely populated zone such as Nek. Something would happen with the communication between the store and charging you for the transaction. The items would pop up in your inventory but you weren't charged. This would only happen if you cancelled out of the DB store mid transaction. I did it a few times and haven't tried it since. I don't know how many people figured it out but all in all it worked for 6 bags, 25 EXP pots, 4 Group ones.

Not my fault you're too dense to see that they want to sweep these issues under the rug to avoid a rollback.
You openly admit finding a bug, continue to exploit it, and I'm the dense one? What realm of crazy have I warped into? Just stop while you aren't ahead. You're using Caiu logic here. We all know how that turned out. If you missed it you can go back and read the posts in that thread.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. So now it's krono duping by the tens of thousands.

Hyperbole at it's finest.
All it took was having it on your courser and having another person log in next to you to dupe an item. You really think its those elite hackers or just a couple people doing it? There were multiple posts from people who were at the bank and had an item duped on accident asking not to get banned. Those posts were being deleted by Daybreak almost as soon as they came up in order to keep the appearance that it wasn't happening as much as it was.

Unless they actively go through and ban not only the people who duped but everyone who has one of the duped items, the economy will never recover.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

lvl 5 ranger now running from gfay to qeynos
Old 05-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You openly admit finding a bug, continue to exploit it, and I'm the dense one? What realm of crazy have I warped into? Just stop while you aren't ahead. You're using Caiu logic here. We all know how that turned out. If you missed it you can go back and read the posts in that thread.
Are you seriously that dumb and have that bad of reading comprehension? Or are you just so driven to prove your point you ignore facts all together?

If you didn't read, I reported the bug. Nothing was done. I also only have 4 group pots, don't you think I would exploit that to the point of 100 if I was going to continue exploiting? No one can even comprehend your logic because there isn't anything out there that stupid yet. You've reached a new level. I was purchasing the pots in bulk 7 per time so after 4 times of me being like WTF is it not charging me? I ended up with 25(a few I had previously)
Old 05-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Banned

Lol lotta nerds upset they ruined their own experience by using a dupe bug. Now crying they hate it and bored and it sucks.

Similar people play games like GTA with god mode on then cry its boring.

(Almost level 8 now and besides the initial rocky launch none of the said things have affected me nor the people I am playing with)
Closed Thread