Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Banned

There is one big difference between the servers, one is FFA with no GM intervention and one is Forced Rotations with GM intervention. It is just a completely different vision of the game, and I think you can't really merge them into 1 big server.

It is the real reason for the existence of P2002, in the first place. People whose opinion weren't heard on TAK decided to make their own server, and the rule set of P2002 is a direct result of that conflict.

It is in the interest of both projects for both projects to be successful. I reckon if the P99 playerbase had the choice between 2 servers with those different rule sets, it would also be a more enjoyable experience for everyone. Having the biggest amount of players on your server doesn't matter if people aren't enjoying their time
Old 12-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Banned

Right, you strangled mac-emu in the cradle over pixels.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is reflected in the team post and in every patch that uses your code.
That's a lie. The last patch note you posted had zero credit mention whatsoever, even though Wharhogg copied and pasted our git comments.

When you do credit us, it's typically something like "from eqmacemu:" instead of using developer names. You guys have never once put my name in any patch note.

Furthermore in a recent forum thread, Wharhogg said this:

"Also our upstream code from eqemulator has done many things which we will not include in our next patch....so do not be alarmed if you read other forums."

Laughably going out of his way to avoid mentioning where the code came from, if not outright lying, before arbitrarily deciding what 'makes sense' to omit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the current situation is unacceptable to you, just make the project closed source.
I have a better idea. I'll stop submitting server commits. I put in way more time than I had wanted anyway. You're in fact doing me a favor by demotivating me, so thanks.

I'm going to tie up some lose ends in the combat code and simply retire to only adjusting NPC stats for TAKP. I've had enough of people taking credit for my work.

Quote:
I have contributed a lot to TAK, so have most other P2002 developers.
You seem to have an over-inflated sense of value in writing forum posts while your characters were meditating.

Quote:
It is the real reason for the existence of P2002, in the first place. People whose opinion weren't heard on TAK decided to make their own server, and the rule set of P2002 is a direct result of that conflict.
Another lie. You made a sever because Speedz banned you. Armed leaders were in fact IN FAVOR of rotations, including Wharhogg who threatened to have his guild level up SKs to mass harm touch raid bosses.

Your basement sever exists solely to spite us.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

All the people calling for the servers to merge don't even play on them. As someone who plays on BOTH servers I can firmly say that them being separate servers is for the best and there is no way to merge them at this point and no desire by the devs to do so that boat has long sailed. The two servers might end up with the same content but they have a completely different feel to them.

As a GUILD A&H was AGAINST rotations until the end.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Alkabor Project and P2002 are different servers? They should definitely collaborate on one super emulated server rather than splitting their resources and players. Just imo. I always thought it was the same thing for some reason.
Yes I wanted one server to realistically exist, but unfortunately that's not the case. The whole 'being nice and open sourcing the code+database' thing that I took pride in doing came back to hurt the game in the end.

I wish people could just get along but that's not going to happen apparently.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 12-08-2015, 01:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOurDieSel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The two servers might end up with the same content but they have a completely different feel to them.
No, the servers are identical outside of a few mechanics and content changes. There is no 'feeling'; EverQuest isn't a complicated game.

The differences are the administration's attitude towards other staff members.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Banned

@ torven You just went full retard. This is going to be my last free bump for this thread. Keep up advertising our server by acting like you do!

@ secrets it didn't hurt the game, it just hurt TAK
Old 12-08-2015, 01:06 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
@ torven You just went full retard. This is going to be my last free bump for this thread. Keep up advertising our server by acting like you do!
Yes because calling someone a retard when you're in a position of power is going to want to make players play on your server.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:

@ secrets it didn't hurt the game, it just hurt TAK
We could have one 140 player server or two 70 player servers. You chose to splinter the community with your actions.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Banned

*copypastes Torven's work*

Why are you upset that I'm flipping you shit Torven? You crazy bro!
Closed Thread