Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry about your preferred political party getting hijacked by neonazi psychos ranting and raving about globohomo, paste eaters.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2021, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

I really can't keep up with this but Knowledge seems like pinbacker from the end of the movie sunshine
Old 10-18-2021, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

liberate tu temet ex inferis

you gotta read the p99 boards carefully if you want to survive.
Old 10-18-2021, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry about your preferred political party's leader sniffs kids' hair. Bidentards.
Old 10-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

i had low hopes for biden but i think hes doing quite well. voting dem 2024
Old 10-18-2021, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i had low hopes for biden but i think hes doing quite well. voting dem 2024
I'm happy with Trump and Biden - zero new US wars and even a withdrawal.

No one is dying in Taiwan - that's just postering.

Funny how with the New World Order wars ended.
Old 10-18-2021, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fair point
Old 10-18-2021, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No one is dying in Taiwan - that's just postering.

Funny how with the New World Order wars ended.
Opposing war outright doesn't make sense though. If we had ducked out of WW2 hitler might have taken over the world. It's easy to say you don't like war, it's harder to say why.

Saying that you don't like "unnecessary war" isn't an answer either; it's just monday morning quarterbacking. We don't know if a war is necessary until after it's over.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ideologies are like that. It's a boundary for acceptable thought reinforced by a sense of community, and it's a fear of being ostracized for expressing unacceptable thoughts. Political parties, feminism or really political movements in general... LGBT spaces even gender roles. It's nice to imagine oneself beyond that, but I'm pretty aware of what affiliations bias me. I imagine most people don't acknowledge that.

All comes down to a sense of I'm this, not that. In group out group. In my case, it's a never ending liminal state. I'm kinda like this and kinda not. Transition I think detached me from any covalent bonds to any particular group. It's all loose affiliations now that I get attached to and break from easily. "Be like water."
Yea, Cecily...I'm trying to get people to step back from the lowest common denominator mind controls like political parties and the two different MSM teams. What your post effectively does there is use academic psychology to rationalize why its probably fine because we all do it.

But the thing about human inherent biases like this, is it greatly matters how familiar you are with them. For example: people are loss adverse. We get more dissatisfaction out of losing $1000, then we gain in satisfaction from gaining $1000.

Wallstreet traders are close to immune to this effect. They trade (assume risk) a lot more rationally. Being risk neutral is really the only way to beat the game. Otherwise your probably gonna be one of those idiots investing in every peak and selling every dip. Or perhaps keeping all your money in T-bills or cash rather than something which much higher returns and still low risk.

I think you might be underestimating how sticky ideologies are when it comes to IDEA part. We colloquially call democrats and republicans ideologies...but the thing about these two communities -- is there ideology changes all the time.

Democrats have always been about balanced budgets and funding tesla -- wait a minute -- that is nothing like the party before Clinton...Him and his neoliberal movement took over the community called democrats and changed a lot of their ideology to be more in line with theirs.

Rerpublicans used to be a northeastern party that wanted structural improvements, congressional supremacy, and an eventual end to slavery.

I don't think there's a lot of that left as far as republican "ideology" is concerned.

Compare this with the ideas associated with "Libertarian" or "marxist" -- these (that are actual ideologies) have changed far less.
Closed Thread