Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Words that let you know you watchin a straight up and down nerd fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
I play a decade old mmo emu
I post in a forum about an old mmo emu

I figure the me bein a nerd goes without saying

so now groz me and you are in a fuckin nerd fight thanks for ruining my day
Old 01-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

To any new players: don't be intimidated by the crazy prices of high end items. Low end/mid tier stuff is CHEAP and as deajay said usually nearly as effective as the BiS item.

By the time you reach the 50's you will be getting plenty of high priced drops if you spend any time leveling in a dungeon, or you can farm gems if you're a soloer. I made a conscious decision once to not spend any plat for a month, and without even really trying I had 30k at the end of it, allowing me to buy my barb spiritist hammer. It does add up quickly.

Dupes or not, you can get what you want on this server. It's all about your time commitment and playing somewhat smart.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

ya while i agree with the OP about insane prices part of it is people want omfg the best only and the benefit is people dont give a shit about stuff I used to scrape and save to equip my guys with. Shit most people wont even bother selling stuff thats valued under 1k pp so new players can get pretty good twink just from handouts that NEVER were handed out on eqlive.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Banned

Oh please like you can't find good gear for your level in the cheap range.

Occupy EastCommons Tunnel: the 99% all want their cheap end game haste without raiding.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

I lol'd.

Quote:
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

I couldn't get past two of the ideas put forward here before I started convulsing horribly. So I haven't read the entire thread. The ideas of item degradation and paying money to avoid experience loss... those are just WRONG. They are wrong IMO for best MMO design and what's more, they smack of WoW. Please, don't even bring up such blasphemies here.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

I'm okay with mid-level gear being cheap. I'll use it while I'm legitimately camping for group content based equipment.

I don't have the time in my life to raid anymore and I'm okay with that.

Maybe I'll eventually get enough money playing casually to pick up a trade-able piece of raid equipment here or there.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2012, 03:49 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it funny that haste items like FBSS consistently sell for 12k+ in spite of being perma camped with a limited server population... Plat duping explains a lot...

Black Saphires for 5k was a joke, I never remembered that back in the day, Blue Diamonds for 3k? Really? Diamonds for 1.5k?
You also forgot that on live those gems actively dropped in Seb, I haven't actually had to kill in seb since like may/juneish but they still weren't dropping like they should back then and I'm assuming they still aren't, so that's causing a massive shortage.

FBSS on the other hand I'll agree with you, not sure why it's still retardedly high considering any moran can go to sky at level 46 and pick up a rotting haste belt.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Kobold

Only solution is WIPE IT: see what the next iteration looks like.

Everyone will love it anyhow.
Closed Thread