Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Skeleton

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...9905#post39905

Just some thoughts... if we could as a community help out and not keep us down two weeks I think we need to ban together and do so.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

I'll do whatever whenever a dev comes on and says ok here's the plan. And also adds high quality ore to cities. :P
Old 04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by maultar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll do whatever whenever a dev comes on and says ok here's the plan.
Thats exactly what we need!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

My limited understanding is that DDoS attacks aren't too hard to stop these days, but it will take some time to get the software (or front-end hardware?) in place that automatically boots attacker.

Thanks you guys for all the hard work! If contributions will help for the cost of whatever defensive software (or hardware?) is needed - please let us know.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Orc

I think we have a lot of people willing to donate to keep this thing running for a long time. Lets make good on our willingness to donate...however we need a direction, a plan, a sense that this thing will be quashed and dealt with if we contribute hundreds of dollars. Personally I know it will be taken care of but what I think people are looking for is a way to donate money to expedite the process. I for one know the DEVS love this project as much as the players and they wont let some "basement baby" ruin it.

Thanks for all your hard work!

/cheer
Old 04-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Aviak

"I'll do whatever whenever a dev comes on and says ok here's the plan."
Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Kobold

Actually in regards to legal consequences, the FBI can become and have become involved in DDoS attacks. The only issue I am not sure on is that since this is not a money making business that could affect how or if the FBI would investigate.

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfranklin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
raped, what will all the kids who sit at home all day and play p99 aka hasbin do now?
I will continue nurturing my carpal tunnel syndrome by fapping to pictures of your mother.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

If it's a syn flood there are very easy ways to stop them but..

Have you tried making a small program to track & log all signed in IP's then weed out the slaves?? If the server is getting anything from someone not logged into the game then maybe you found the some of the slaves?

After all no one here has downloaded any kinda programs to be considered a slave. So we need to find which networks are launching these attacks.

Code:
bash# netstat -lpn|grep :80|awk '{print $5}'|sort
Code:
iptables -A INPUT -s <Source IP> -j DROP
is your friend...

You need help writing some quick code to do this for you PM me.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we have a lot of people willing to donate to keep this thing running for a long time. Lets make good on our willingness to donate...however we need a direction, a plan, a sense that this thing will be quashed and dealt with if we contribute hundreds of dollars. Personally I know it will be taken care of but what I think people are looking for is a way to donate money to expedite the process. I for one know the DEVS love this project as much as the players and they wont let some "basement baby" ruin it.

Thanks for all your hard work!

/cheer

I started a similar thread on the server chat section.

I think we have alot of people that could donate a significant amount to fix and prevent this type of problem in the future. We just need some direction and a plan. I'm sure this will happen, since we have such great devs. It's just hard not to know what's going on right now.
Closed Thread