Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best Option for teams:

Race War - 2 teams: each team gets every class
Translated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like WoW.
Seriously man if you're such a weak player that you need the server to automatically assign half the population to be your friends, WoW might be the game for you. WoW PvP = Fail. Sullon Zek = Fail.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously man if you're such a weak player that you need the server to automatically assign half the population to be your friends, WoW might be the game for you. WoW PvP = Fail. Sullon Zek = Fail.
This is a non sequitur. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with 2 teams that offer every class. Personally, it's not what I'd want, but it's much better than gimping certain teams out of classes.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Banned

free for all is the only way the server will be worth a fuck, its annoying that there are so many half assed pvp lite retards from the team servers annoying me by spewing their shit.

max population and max target rulset would be as follows:

ffa, or a "soft" two team setup with the ability to kill your own team in exchange for a shitty faction hit with your victims home town guards (like discord had)

no item loot (unfortunately) but allow coin loot, broadcast the death serverwide, have a leaderboard and perhaps some sort of token style system like sullon.

no level limits, however in order to get a token, coin loot etc the victim needs to be within x levels.

no stupid rules against training, corpse camping etc.

deviations from the above are stupid and will result in a 200 pop server that will die off shortly after launch.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Sarnak

^ yep
Old 06-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth
free for all is the only way the server will be worth a fuck, its annoying that there are so many half assed pvp lite retards from the team servers annoying me by spewing their shit.

max population and max target rulset would be as follows:

ffa, or a "soft" two team setup with the ability to kill your own team in exchange for a shitty faction hit with your victims home town guards (like discord had)

no item loot (unfortunately) but allow coin loot, broadcast the death serverwide, have a leaderboard and perhaps some sort of token style system like sullon.

no level limits, however in order to get a token, coin loot etc the victim needs to be within x levels.

no stupid rules against training, corpse camping etc.

deviations from the above are stupid and will result in a 200 pop server that will die off shortly after launch.
This, only thing I might change is have it FFA and you take factions hits no matter who you kill for their home town based upon that persons faction with their home town -- so if you kill someone who's not at least indiff to their home town guards, you don't take a faction hit. No level limit and still offers protections for newbies.

I don't know if such a thing is possible. I guess if you defend yourself you wouldn't take a faction hit so people can't grief newbies by attacking and then letting them win. If you attack someone you get flagged so that anyone can attack you with no repercussions until you zone.

Maybe not the best idea. You would always have to give your attackers first show if you don't want a faction hit.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
broadcast the death serverwide
No thank you. I don't need some dumbass training a group constantly just to get the killing blows getting spam all day. Thanks, pass.

The people wanting FFA normally will leave server after it's created. It's been proven time and time again with every game that's did a FFA PvP server. The only one that mildly succeeded was Rallos Zek. Make the server item loot and you've got my attention. Make it Exp loss and you've really got my attention. Make people have a penalty for dieing, not just Oh no, lost some coin! Whoop-dee-doo!

My perfect server? 16 level limit for PvP. That way you don't have scrubs sitting in newbie zones ganking level 1's. In truth, make it so that a person is out of range for PvP unless they attack you. That way you can have your fights but only if they attack you first. Teams, Coin loot, 1 item loot from body except weapons or anything from bags they had open when they died and experience loss. Discourages twinking and gets rid of the carebears straight off the bat. You don't like that, I hear WoW has a pretty unicorn arena system you can try. You also get to play a pretty anime character! Yay!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Banned

The problem with item loot is that you will have naked casters running around ganking everyone. I do not want to spend time killing a caster and getting nothing. Item loot will chase people off the server once they lose precious pixels.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
free for all is the only way the server will be worth a fuck
If this was an EQ live server with 1000+ people where you can afford to lose some you might be right but it's not.

You didn't play on TZVZ to see how FFA works out there. One or two guilds control everything on the server (Heresy & Fishbait) then everyone else quits.

Look at your quote from Altergate:

"Each time i died was to a zerg of at least 3 or assisted by mobs, unfortunately i dont run radar to avoid the ******squads" - Darwoth

If you thought the playstyle of people on Altergate was bad, TZVZ was ten times worse. If you think you're gonna walk around solo and fight people, sorry, not gonna happen. Every Heresy member on the server walked around in nothing less than a group of six 24/7.

Unless you plan to join the #1 or #2 guild of the server, there is no reason to even play. You'll just be constantly running away from giant ventrillo zergs of people who started with a guild of 30 on day 1.

Without teams, you get the following demographics and server dies or just sits there with a constant 50 population:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by wehrmacht; 06-03-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Old 06-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

wehr you know its not going to be teams right?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Banned

It is obvious whatever VZ/TZ did , did not work because when I played there were maybe 50 -70 people playing with Velious open. That will not work. I'm not sure how they plan on setting this server up, but anything will be better than what VZ/TZ was.

I would hate to get a character up to level 50 with people leaving in droves. I am not for or against teams, I am for what works best.
Closed Thread