Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 04:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always wanted an epic weapon. On Blue, I played a Bard and Wizard. Two unobtainable epics.

This time at least I have a chance?
My main was a wizard and I was a very bad player (took a lot of risks, died a lot, didn't grind when I should have). I got my epic in the luclin era.

It's all about how much time you got and how many friends you have. I think this is still true on p99. Less to do with how many other players of your class there are.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefiddey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green Class Distribution Update - Saturday Night - 4/25/2020
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for this. Would love to see this progress over the coming weeks/months as the COVID19 lockdown changes.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am *not* looking forward to the queue of twinked min-maxer rogues showing up to compete with my for my rogue main's epic upon Kunark's release
I actually had that same thought. Played Rogue main on live from release till OoW but have only managed a run up to lvl 5 on P99... have actually been trying out classes I never played Live to see where my head is in 2020 vs back in '99 lol

First love is always the sneaky one though, and after seeing the numbers I may just go back to what I know and love for good.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think people forget how late into kunark epics come out.
Good thing pally epic starts with ro release [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2020, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tywulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually had that same thought. Played Rogue main on live from release till OoW but have only managed a run up to lvl 5 on P99... have actually been trying out classes I never played Live to see where my head is in 2020 vs back in '99 lol

First love is always the sneaky one though, and after seeing the numbers I may just go back to what I know and love for good.

Good choice. Rogue is most fun class on eq imho.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 04-28-2020, 09:57 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefiddey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all,

I also decided to keep track of this data. I used Chinetter's breakdown.
Here's a google sheet with the results from this morning. I'm keeping the vertical axis from 0 - 60, so people can have a quick comparison between the level ranges.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ACs/edit#gid=0

I'll keep adding new sets as separate sheets, with the same format. Once I have a few samples, I'll think about how to display the trends.
Really wanted to thank you for these spreadsheets, and data. I love looking, and following class trends when I'm playing select games. But I'm definitely too lazy to put it together myself... So again, thank you!
Old 04-28-2020, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
melees suck until kunark../.
and minmaxers suck for all time
Old 04-28-2020, 01:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwithers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really wanted to thank you for these spreadsheets, and data. I love looking, and following class trends when I'm playing select games. But I'm definitely too lazy to put it together myself... So again, thank you!
I'm glad someone finds it useful/interesting!
Old 04-28-2020, 02:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Weekly Trends

Hi all,

In addition to occasional snapshot updates, I started keeping track of the weekly averages of the class distributions, in the level 20 - 39 bin.

I think this is a good place to track how the overall class distribution evolves, because it shows which classes people are actively leveling. The low levels are unreliable because people make alts and quit, and the top end is weird because it can only increase.

I normalize the class counts by the total population in that level bin. This is to attempt and account for the fact that during different times in the day, the populations vary.

I'm sure the data has a lot of scatter, but I don't show it because the plot is busy already. Weeks start on Monday. Most weeks have at least 2 measurements, averaged. Hopefully it gets the point across. I think it will be more interesting when we get a few more weeks in.

All data can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread