Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawlz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone earlier on said it was a great day for me and a sad day for everyone else, implying that I did, in fact, attack p99auctions.com, which obviously triggered me.

Not sure of the point you're trying to make but I'm sure you're going to clarify it.
The point I'm trying to make is that tunnelquesters live off differing levels of information, hoping that they have knowledge that others don't. It would be in their interest to disseminate false information (that the p99 site now being down hurts their chances of successfully tunnelquesting, when in fact it helps them.) Would you believe a used car salesman telling you "i'm not really making money off this car, I can't sell it any cheaper?"

As far as the ddos attacks, I wouldn't ever make baseless accusations without any kind of proof for something as major as that, it could have been you, greengrocer, rogean, nilbog, obama, whoever. Any other suspicions I have about you or other posters in this thread I'll keep to myself.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm, so you are saying that if most of the prices are in a certain range, it is reasonable to throw out the outliers? Well it is a good thing a single person couldn't establish a desired average price by posting a single line of /auction from a few different characters... Oh wait ^^
Lol...like they can't do that without the auction site? At least with the auction site you could go back several weeks. You can have people do that over the course of minutes to lull people into false prices. Heck there are probably ec bots who have multiple characters logged in at the same time advertising false prices, and probably forum handles belonging to the same person doing the same thing. This wasn't something unique to the auction site.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:03 AM
Kobold

You have a perfectly valid opinion that tunnelquesters live off differing levels of information.

I have another opinion - tunnelquesters can live of that, and other things. Some of these other things are more important than differing levels of information.

For example, being in a hurry. You make money off someone who knows the price of their item, but wants to sell quick and get out of EC. They take a hit to save time. You buy cheap.

You make money off someone who wants an item really bad and you're the only one selling and they want it fast. Thy pay a premium to save time. You sell high.

My whole tunnelquesting career - 4 months - was with p99auctions being widely known and used by everyone. Had no problem making money.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawlz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a perfectly valid opinion that tunnelquesters live off differing levels of information.

I have another opinion - tunnelquesters can live of that, and other things. Some of these other things are more important than differing levels of information.

For example, being in a hurry. You make money off someone who knows the price of their item, but wants to sell quick and get out of EC. They take a hit to save time. You buy cheap.

You make money off someone who wants an item really bad and you're the only one selling and they want it fast. Thy pay a premium to save time. You sell high.

My whole tunnelquesting career - 4 months - was with p99auctions being widely known and used by everyone. Had no problem making money.
So now that p99 auctions is down, people will no longer be in a hurry to sell stuff?
Old 10-31-2016, 11:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So now that p99 auctions is down, people will no longer be in a hurry to sell stuff?
I never said they won't.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Kobold

My point is that *I PERSONALLY* find p99auctions helpful for making money in EC flipping stuff.

That's all.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

This is all silly anyway. Items don't have a 'correct price'. The price of an item has nothing to do with what people have recently auctioned it for.

On the buying side, if you see an item auctioned and you want it at that price, then buy it. If you think it's too expensive, then don't buy it. That's all there is to it.

On the selling side, if you are having trouble selling your item, lower the price. If you can sell it at your price, then don't lower it. If in your opinion it sells too fast, raise it.

There is no other determinant of value than what someone pays for something. The reason sellers like a pricing source is they can use it to browbeat the sellers by trying to insist there's some kind of known 'fair price'. There is no such thing.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Kobold

Sounds like TunnelQuest will become much harder.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

Has to be one of the resellers in EC. Look into it.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:51 AM
Kobold

/em Puts on old man cap
/say "This is why we can't have nice things"
Closed Thread