Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Banned

I can definitely attest to at least the lvl 4 necro/mage pets hitting for 20 as lowbie pks early on RZ with a fine steel 2h and delay having no effect after the fine steel dagger pet nerf (lots of info on that last one)

Got nothing on people using weighted axes on pets, gl with your research
Old 05-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Project Manager

For changes to be made, Haynar will need extremely detailed information. We need these questions answered. I'm sure there will be other questions as well.

1. Pets that have a 2h weapon in primary - Should it dual wield if given another weapon? What about another 2h weapon?

2. Pets that are given two 2h weapons at once - Should they dual wield them? Or should they just visually appear to have two, yet use one?

3. Pets that are given a non-weapon item, such as a torch or shield - How should this change their behavior?

4. If an enchanter pet has a shield, and you give it a weapon - Should it dual wield? Does it matter the level?
Old 05-18-2015, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For changes to be made, Haynar will need extremely detailed information. We need these questions answered. I'm sure there will be other questions as well.

1. Pets that have a 2h weapon in primary - Should it dual wield if given another weapon? What about another 2h weapon?

2. Pets that are given two 2h weapons at once - Should they dual wield them? Or should they just visually appear to have two, yet use one?

3. Pets that are given a non-weapon item, such as a torch or shield - How should this change their behavior?

4. If an enchanter pet has a shield, and you give it a weapon - Should it dual wield? Does it matter the level?
1. Yes it should DW when given another weapon. Yes it should wield a second 2h in offhand.

2. It should take the damage from both and double it for new max hit. If innate max hit is higher than this value no change is made. It should swing both if high enough to DW. Obviously a 2h won't make a pet magically DW at level 4. Low level pets I think will graphically use them but not DW. High level pets will DW with them.

3. Pets given a Shield or Torch should not be impacted. If they were able to DW beforehand, they will continue to do so. If they were not able to DW beforehand, they will not. It shouldn't have any impact on their swings basically.

4. Will investigate. I'm pretty sure the answer is yes you can DW a pet with a shield at a certain level, but I'll look around.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:50 PM
Banned

1. pet should be able to wield a pair of weapons so 1h/2h, 2h/2h is possible they will use and proc if wep has a proc

2. appear with 2, so use 2

3. honestly i never put much stock into a pet dual wielding if given torches or a shield... doesn't seem right

4. pet should check for having dual wield skill before dual wielding from my memory. i see quadding froglok shamans charmed in seb and i just know it can't be right... from memory only didn't play a chanter. Likewise I remember giving low level pets a parrying dagger to appear as if they were dual wielding and they still just went about business as usual pre-dual wield (lvl 8 necro pet for example).

Anyone got a link on the evidence that a pet with a shield or torch should dual wield? I'm not finding it just yet but could use another look
Old 06-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry to side track a bit, but this has me a little confused.

At this time, I could give a lvl 24 mage pet a Baton of Faith and it will dual wield hit for 60s? Or I could give a lvl 4 mage pet a Baton of Faith and a torch and it will dual wield hit for 60s?