Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Translocator ideas
I support the idea of a zone wide shout indicating spawn of the translocator 27 13.99%
I'm opposed to an NPC shout, not classic, don't do it! 10 5.18%
Keep the translocators up full time, this is lame 107 55.44%
Have them up all the time but only port every 10-15 minutes. 19 9.84%
I like it the way it is, don't change. 25 12.95%
I have another idea! Post below. 5 2.59%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems to me to be a pointless timesink. The thing that made boats cool was riding on the boat, not waiting around for half an hour. I think we're all past the point where we need to feel like the world is huge for immersion purposes. Besides, the world will feel plenty huge if the population is stagnant by the time Kunark comes out.
Nail on the head
Old 11-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Kobold

May as well just get used to it.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I agree with the results of the translocator polls , they should run all the time.

But if you want to go classic, bring the boats back! All though, they where always glichy.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Aviak

I like Transolcators the way they are, or actual boats... It takes just as long as it would have to ride the boat, and that's fine with me. ohh wait, I'm a druid, I don't ride the boats anymore... forget me .
Old 01-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

No boat = permanent TLer. How it was on live.

I think this was mentioned already.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Aviak

Keep the translocators up full time and let them port ... if there isnt a boat....riding a boat was ok .. but waiting for the translocator(boat) to spawn while looking at the same sister in Ocean of tears sucks...specially when you travel there and then get spawned with your back facing the sister and she is kos ...then you die ...lol thats always fun ... but my vote is keep them running full time .. the server cant be fully classic and traveling isnt fun anyway...so keep them up so there is less boring time and more fun time
Old 01-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Aviak

I do dont agree that when you use it to go to OOT that it spawns you infront of the KoS sister so she can own you. In live you could jump off the boat before you got there. So, I believe the spawn location for the zone in should be at the end of the dock, where it is safe.

I do not agree with changing it to where they always port because this is a LEGIT classic server. The only one I have found. Changing this would make it NON legit. Let the tanslocator's always be spawned but only port every 15 mins and do a zone wide when they start so everyone knows they are working. Changing this to where it always works will take out the pleassure of having a port class.

To everyone whining about the boat taking time.. Welcome to Everquest.. Where you wait on the boat..

Thanks
-Icoa
Old 01-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam65641 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not agree with changing it to where they always port because this is a LEGIT classic server. The only one I have found. Changing this would make it NON legit. Let the tanslocator's always be spawned but only port every 15 mins and do a zone wide when they start so everyone knows they are working.
But that is NON-legit. On live when the boats did not work, TLers were always up and always porting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam65641 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Changing this to where it always works will take out the pleassure of having a port class.
How so? A non-porter still has to run to EFP then get ported to BB. Or Qeynos to Tox. There will still be a very high demand for porting.

Quote:
To everyone whining about the boat taking time.. Welcome to Everquest.. Where you wait on the boat..

Thanks
-Icoa
Wait on the boat yes, wait on a TLer no.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Aviak

But. If you wait on the docks long enough the boat does come.. its just in its secret human form.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Aviak

also, what you are saying about waiting on a boat yes. waiting on TL no. What is the frigging difference?.. The TL is on here to resemble the boat.
Closed Thread