Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is my point.
are you joking?
Old 06-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good post. Lots of new information for me and I'll take your word on all of it.

That said, I do not think the conclusion that "ideologies switched" is necessarily accurate. While some or even most components may have swapped, the openly racist platform of past Democratic Party was not adopted by the Republican Party. The southern democrat voter shift can most reasonably be explained as a product of contempt for the passage of the civil rights act, inaccurately credited to the Democratic Party.
Sure open racism became politically dangerous thanks to the black vote. The question originally was which party do white racists support. At least regarding racism.
However, there was plenty of subtext regarding pro-segregation etc. Goldwater, Wallace etc.

But to your point this is why semantics matter. Yay the republicans had Lincoln, and originally Teddy Roosevelt and they abolished slavery... however its just a party. The ideas that represented those presidents and actions are liberal. Which I don't think most would call the republican party today.

People get tied up in red vs blue and they lose sight of the truth. Santa is a prime example.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah bro the world doesn't work like that. You talk a lot about facts I just wanted to see you post some. I didn't make any claims regarding the OP (only regarding you) til my last post which was backed by fact. Everything you have said has been to distract from the OP and you wasted a bunch of your own time talking about shit that has little to do with the OP and is refuted by the OP and other recent violent acts from a particular party.

Im sure whatever you come back with next will totally be on topic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm only responding to you Santa... you asked for me to prove a point now you call it a distraction? It seems you might be leading this distraction then. I have yet to see Daywolf prove their assertion. So its not really distracting until you or daywolf prove your statements. I'll even let you use wikipedia. Can you find proof on wikipedia blind_santa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im aware of that but allaharti is someone who tosses around the word fact authoritatively so I thought he might provide something with some meat to it rather than a publicly edited database.
I sent links to books, websites and e-books? Why are you hung up on the 2-3 wiki links ? Wikipedia doesn't disqualify information. Saying something isn't true because wikipedia is logical fallacy. You're just too lazy to learn :P Or scared.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm only responding to you Santa... you asked for me to prove a point now you call it a distraction? It seems you might be leading this distraction then. I have yet to see Daywolf prove their assertion. So its not really distracting until you or daywolf prove your statements. I'll even let you use wikipedia. Can you find proof on wikipedia blind_santa?

I sent links to books, websites and e-books? Why are you hung up on the 2-3 wiki links ? Wikipedia doesn't disqualify information. Saying something isn't true because wikipedia is logical fallacy. You're just too lazy to learn :P Or scared.
So for anyone who doesnt want to read allaharti's circle jerk I will paraphrase so we can get back to the OP he is desperate to avoid.

"Uh duh democrats cant b raycisss cuz dey wuz da rayciss in da past"

Again allaharti would you like to address the racial violence and identity politics being perpetuated by the democrat party and its adherents as it pertains to the OP and other recent documented acts of racial violence in the current year.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

nihilist santa has my perpetual respect and attention for taking it to allahrti.

just wanted to go on the record

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 06-09-2016, 04:41 PM
Banned

Love that SD just posted a google search link, which tanks to the internet has a top link from Democracy Now.

So sour deasil just fucking shared a Democracy Now link. Welcome to the fucking far left you huge pussy, i hope you enjoy your calming talk radio shows from this point forward.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure open racism became politically dangerous thanks to the black vote. The question originally was which party do white racists support. At least regarding racism.
However, there was plenty of subtext regarding pro-segregation etc. Goldwater, Wallace etc.

But to your point this is why semantics matter. Yay the republicans had Lincoln, and originally Teddy Roosevelt and they abolished slavery... however its just a party. The ideas that represented those presidents and actions are liberal. Which I don't think most would call the republican party today.

People get tied up in red vs blue and they lose sight of the truth. Santa is a prime example.
You must realize that while maybe accurate, your classical view of liberalism differs markedly from contemporary American liberalism. I don't think most people understand the differences enough to engage you in any meaningful way.

How about we discuss specific issues and the merits of each?
Old 06-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

I should add that I say that because I agree with your point on semantics and ideology. I just don't think anything will come of the discussion as long as it remains so broad ^^

Ideology is useful, because it allows is to save time by not thinking about specific topics, but detest it for that very reason.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, he just mad cuz when the Democrats first created the KKK, lynching meant what it meant. Now the English-ish language is so watered down and confusing.

This must be some form of aggressive obstruction of justice legal term.

And the person sounds like a real piece of work:
"Jasmine Richards is a militant black lesbian activist with a long history of political clashes with law enforcement. Richards was part of the Ferguson, Missouri, riots and was arrested in April of 2015 on two outstanding warrants for terrorist threats, assault, trespassing, and petty theft." from breitbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still don't get why the KKK thing matters.

One party has been actively courting white racists since the 70s and it's not the Democrats.

But thanks for the history lesson wise old DMT grampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shitposter? I didn't see your previous posts here...
Anyway, that's part of the whitewashing. That's simply not true. When the dems lost the battle to defeat the civil rights act, it wasn't the deep south that moved republican, it was states like Texas, Florida, Carolina etc. that began the move. But as many in the deep south did move to republican, the racism became less. Or what, all the lynchings were during the 80's? No, any black conservative will tell you that the democrat party is all about racism, and in that they use race for gains, as they hold down minorities in poverty and moral decay. It's just the dems have stepped up their racism, pitting groups like BLM and La Raza against Americans, it's shameful.

I mean really, it's hilarious. You want to take cold hard historical facts, then point it at others speculatively, while ignoring the herd of elephants in the room. Don't fall for that crap, dems got you fooled. It's all about their power, they never let a good crisis go to waste, even if they need to invent it.
Quote:
So for anyone who doesnt want to read allaharti's circle jerk I will paraphrase so we can get back to the OP he is desperate to avoid.

"Uh duh democrats cant b raycisss cuz dey wuz da rayciss in da past"

Again allaharti would you like to address the racial violence and identity politics being perpetuated by the democrat party and its adherents as it pertains to the OP and other recent documented acts of racial violence in the current year.
Santa do try to keep up. I never said democrats can't be racist. I was in a discussion you either didn't or weren't capable of following along with.

Racism is natural. It comes from the fear center in our brain (Amygdala) that tells us different means potentially dangerous. Which is why conservatives are more prone to Apocalypse belief, racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia. The conservative mind based on numerous autopsies were found to have larger than average amygdala.
Stop being so scared.

Anyways, to the point you seem to be trying to make. The democratic party, you can be sure isn't supporting racism or racial violence. Trying to compare the KKK to BLM is horrifically stupid. BLM has some dumbass members, this is absolutely true... those are outliers though. KKK members may have had a few reasonable people... those were outliers too.

Trying to blame an entire nation, culture, ethnic group, or political movement based on the actions of the few is idiotic... and is representative of what I wrote of earlier regarding biological fear reactions.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You must realize that while maybe accurate, your classical view of liberalism differs markedly from contemporary American liberalism. I don't think most people understand the differences enough to engage you in any meaningful way.

How about we discuss specific issues and the merits of each?
Its not classical... if it still exists in the rest of the world. The word has been re-labeled because Neolib is a loaded term. Basically, word reprogramming so they can shift the inherent meaning of the word. Makes it easier to get votes while not representing what you should stand for. When someone calls Hillary Clinton a liberal... it just shows they repeat the media and have no understanding of her voting history or past actions. Hillary is hard right.
Closed Thread