Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

This sounds amazing. Will I be able to fish in sleepers tomb?
Old 08-02-2023, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So in general, is it
1)wiz
2)ranger
3)rogue
4)monk
? For top dps?

And do bards get bandolier and/or melody macro? I don't recall what era that came out.
Are warriors the only viable raid tanks still? Or do knights begin to be reliable raid tanks as well?
And what epic 1.0 items are still used at the end of a pop timeline? Just clerics and bard?
The MT generally outdamages monks due to the ripostes but yeah

No bandolier (added in GoD), no melody
Old 08-02-2023, 04:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

ok another random question, maybe someone can answer. Will there be soul binders? I feel like the solo flag option would be rough without npc soul binding. I don't remember what expansion pack soul binders were added to the game.
Old 08-02-2023, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok another random question, maybe someone can answer. Will there be soul binders? I feel like the solo flag option would be rough without npc soul binding. I don't remember what expansion pack soul binders were added to the game.
There in on TAKP before POP launched; don't think all of them though. For example I don't think the South Ro soulbinder is in
Old 08-02-2023, 05:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There in on TAKP before POP launched; don't think all of them though. For example I don't think the South Ro soulbinder is in
ah yes!, most excellent.
Old 08-02-2023, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

This sounds awesome.

Only thing that's a bit of a turnoff is this: "Plane of Knowledge can be ported into during any era, but Knowledge books are not present in any town. The Plane of Knowledge scrolls will be added to one of the level appropriate druid and wizard portal merchants that normally sell planar ports for Wizards."

When are we expecting open beta to be over?
Old 08-02-2023, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I wanna make sure I choose the right class. With AA's and 2 more expansions worth of content, I'll have my hands full leveling just one character. Idk if I wanna go with something I know I'll like but have played to death, or if I want to try something totally new this time around.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-02-2023, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I wanna make sure I choose the right class. With AA's and 2 more expansions worth of content, I'll have my hands full leveling just one character. Idk if I wanna go with something I know I'll like but have played to death, or if I want to try something totally new this time around.
Same deal with me, ranger is my absolute favorite class to play and I relish being able to play them Luclin-PoP, but having played three different 50+ rangers on P99 alone and two 50+ TLP rangers, I just don't think I could stomach another 6 months each of classic and Kunark rangering. Will probably end up being a twink or alt for me.
Old 08-02-2023, 05:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

"Plane of Knowledge can be ported into during any era, but Knowledge books are not present in any town."

hmm, I read this as knowledge books wont be present in any town (before PoP release). Then at PoP release they will be added?

Maybe I read this wrong.
Old 08-02-2023, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Plane of Knowledge can be ported into during any era, but Knowledge books are not present in any town."

hmm, I read this as knowledge books wont be present in any town (before PoP release). Then at PoP release they will be added?

Maybe I read this wrong.

PoP books are the worst part about PoP. If Secrets left them out and forced players to get a wiz/dru to port you, or you have to wait at spires, he would be a legend! This server would literally be perfect at that point.

Ports out of PoK to cities/towns should still work. Just no books to port yourself back. This would keep the druid and wiz porting economy still alive and well! Granted they'd primarily just be porting to pok over and over....but still! We wouldn't lose the dial a port small businesses.

....but sadly this is all likely a pipe dream as I'm sure the books are going to be in once PoP launches.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-02-2023 at 05:40 PM..
Closed Thread