Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangerbaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why I quit. Sad to say but the only way to get me (or my brothers and friends) back on the server... is to eliminate the server as is, restart it with all the exploits patched up, and hope the shitty assholes don't get back to exploiting other things
As I've stated in other thread Ban by Ip/Mac instead of account and wave bye bye to exploiting assholes for good
Old 03-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

In response to OP, clearly the way to get more players is strip their blue accounts, sending them into a fit of rage, which they then migrate over to our server seeking blood. If the server pop goes up at all in the coming weeks, we can all thank Lord Nizzar.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I've stated in other thread Ban by Ip/Mac instead of account and wave bye bye to exploiting assholes for good
You keep saying ban by IP/Mac like this is some strong armed tactic.. You do know most computers these days have dual network cards... And if they don't a Network card is like $10,00... Which would also reset your IP Addy... Please stop posting this useless information until you get a clue wtf your talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Hangerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You keep saying ban by IP/Mac like this is some strong armed tactic.. You do know most computers these days have dual network cards... And if they don't a Network card is like $10,00... Which would also reset your IP Addy... Please stop posting this useless information until you get a clue wtf your talking about.
IP address is typically static and assigned by your ISP. Banning by IP is effective up until a proxy is used. Mac addresses are attached to network interfaces and can be changed.

Both of these methods are far more effective than banning by account. This is a fact. YES people can get around it, but it is a serious inconvenience for your average joe who just wants to scam and cheat their way through EQ
Old 03-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangerbaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IP address is typically static and assigned by your ISP. Banning by IP is effective up until a proxy is used. Mac addresses are attached to network interfaces and can be changed.

Both of these methods are far more effective than banning by account. This is a fact. YES people can get around it, but it is a serious inconvenience for your average joe who just wants to scam and cheat their way through EQ
Depending on your provider, you can just unplug your modem and when you plug it back in you get assigned a new IP. If someone wants to find a way, with a proxy or whatever its much easier then even finding like a cheat program or whatever people use.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4. stop using ooc for real life attacks and dumb spam
This is one for me. I keep wanting to try red, and as an enchanter I can solo for XP without problems, but then I log in and get immediately spammed in ooc with RNF bullshit. I don't mind a good flamewar but its always the neanderthal 'u mad bro' 'no i killed u' type stuff. Then I log back on to blue and flame Sirken on the forums for not removing variance! Conclusion: happiness comes from within?
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is not VZTZ.
You're right, xp is way slower

budum tss
Old 03-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, xp is way waaaaaaaaahhhh
Old 03-30-2013, 03:52 AM
Banned

Theres some good input on how to get the server growing in this thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...102750&page=28

Between pages 30-36 and theres some other good input throughout that thread

Id compile everything into an organized post but i got a disrespectful response from Sirken (your input is garbage blablabla) and i cant tell if devs are reading any of this or not, so this is as much effort as i can bother to make to help the server help itself.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one for me. I keep wanting to try red, and as an enchanter I can solo for XP without problems, but then I log in and get immediately spammed in ooc with RNF bullshit. I don't mind a good flamewar but its always the neanderthal 'u mad bro' 'no i killed u' type stuff. Then I log back on to blue and flame Sirken on the forums for not removing variance! Conclusion: happiness comes from within?
I agree at times theres a lot of useless ooc babble of stupid shit that will stem from someone going "soandso down" and then it begins. "ur noob, y u so mad?" "umad" "nou mad" which gets extremely annoying. But this is the reason I separate my chats, ooc, guild, tells are all in separate windows. I have never really had an issue since then. You can turn ooc off all together if you really want, The only issue is when your trying to have a meaningful conversation or talk about something serious and the umad crap is going on in the background.

I don't think red server pop is at a range where ooc should not be game wide. Maybe if it had 350-400 average+ then yes I would say go for it. But at most nights the servers dips down to 30-50 and sometimes all there is to do is talk in ooc to people while farming items/solo exping. Even then its hard to start a convo up or see anything other then auction messages. The way I see it, at peak times P99 Red server is just about at the limit for global ooc. One message from the right key person can spark a full out spam fest and flame war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize with more population, we would be able to stop recruiting heavily. The reason we recruit so much is because of the turn over rate of new apps. Every month we get 5+ new apps. Next month, we might have 1 of them still playing. The last few raids we have rangers or monks tanking and 4-5 dps classes lol. We have not even finished VP so why would we quit recruiting. If we had say 20-30 people switch over from blue, sure we would get a few apps out of it. We would be able to pick and choose a few key classes that we need though. We wouldn't just take anyone because we wouldn't need them. Increase in pop is increase in pop, however you look at it. What kills pop is the exp loss on pvp. I could careless if I died because I'm max exp on Twainz. My biggest problem is the opposition running and plugging every chance they get. PvP is so boring on this server that I created alts just to PvP. The only time I can get PvP on my main is if I attack a group of players or if I can find someone in the middle of a zone. If we removed the exp loss, I'm sure people would stay in fight. No one wants to PvP for hours just to have to exp for days or weeks to get back.
You are right, Most people would stick and fight it out. Some people who are 55+ and still grinding don't want to lose that exp % especially if they do not have the time to spends hours exping getting it back. Myself I personally don't mind it(but I have yet to hit a point where I get a few % in hours of exping). I rarely run from a fight right now, The only times is really when I am out numbered and know its going to be nothing but a rapefest. Or when im trying to get somewhere and cant be bothered to stop and pvp someone and risk possible death then CR and costing more time for whatever I was doing. This will obviously never change, But if a group of people run up on me 5v1 99% of the time everyone is going to jump in and attack. It would be too much to ask, and most would not even halting a killsquad for a 1v2 or 1v1 instead of 1v5.
Last edited by Silent; 03-30-2013 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: a
Closed Thread